Asylum WoW Guild Recruitment

WoW Guild Faction Poll  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which faction should our Guild align with?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/16/2019 at 01:00 AM

Hello Asylum Community,

Classic WoW's re-release is on August 27th of this year, and I currently want to get together in a Guild with some friends, acquaintances, and new faces. Pretty much all are welcome.

BIG NOTE: we are not discriminating by age to a large degree. 13+ and the ability to listen, & be not an asshole is all that's required. I know I was young when I got involved and we want to do fun content and events, age is only a factor for 13+ year olds that can't maintain normal social interaction, so feel free to let me know. If you have kids and you want to get them involved let me know, though know it won't be family friendly.

If possible, and of course if Blizzard creates it on launch, we will ABSOLUTELY be going for any of the Hybrid PvP/RP servers available. If Blizzard doesn't include those on launch, it will be PvP. The player interaction and fun player-driven events of PvP/RP servers will be fantastic, and add extra value to the, of course lovely, monthly subscription everyone adores.

After a few days to let this simmer, we will straw-poll for faction, so if faction is a make or break for you, you might want to wait till we poll, or not include yourself at all. (I'm Horde preference but democracy rules). We don't even have a name yet, we want a small following/community so EVERYONE can have a role shaping it for a great experience for people on Asylum to get together and have fun alongside the Military RP we all know and love. Might be a preferential name favoring the Asylum community considering it would be bringing us together. (Should anyone even give a shit about this post.)

Lastly for this summary, including myself, we have 6 people buying a subscription and committing to the first month of release at the very least. 3-4 of my IRL buddies, 3 from Asylum. (If you want to meet my Dad he said he'd join if the guild is successful, he's in his forties and still plays MMOs haha)

GOALS & THINGS TO ADDRESS:

• Complete all early & end-game content, including Naxx when it releases.
  • World PvP for sure, and devilsaur farming, ganking, all the fun stuff active guilds do.
  • Possible PvP pre-mades depending on turnout. We're aware that a lot of recruiting will happen in-game on WoW so it will depend. Unless like 100 of you contact me somehow. (X to doubt, but AV pre-mades would be dope)
  • Work alongside each other to max out professions, help out your guild mates, be efficient and have fun.
  • Dungeons, while leveling, for pre-raid gear, and just plain fun and lore learning...and for the few of you that may twink I suppose...
  • Be social, be willing to group up with anyone in the guild, no cliques are going to be formed. I will enforce anyone being a dick, to anyone.
  • I'll be issuing promotions based on contribution to the Guild, more active, bigger role.
  • Nothing will ever be master-looted for a friend's or my own benefit. Thunder Fury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker will be going to the best tank in the guild or the best tank at the time of drop first. It's really the only piece of gear I've decided on ATM. (I won't be main tank) EVERYTHING is open to discussion of course.
  • Have fun. Don't come if you aren't planning to enjoy the game for what it is.

PM me or leave a post here if you're interested. Thanks for reading.

~Dust Runner

Edited by Dust Runner
Gregg, {-M-}, DonDurka and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Allstarplaya said:

This has to be a joke, most of the plebs can't even walk in Asylum let alone learn a rotation and be able to kill bosses in an MMO. I like you @Dust Runner but this is a losing cause recruiting on these forums for competent players. 

Those kiddies you had in your tanoa gang were pretty good at walking around in the coke pit tho.

Your argument is invalid.

Scott likes this
2 hours ago, Allstarplaya said:

This has to be a joke, most of the plebs can't even walk in Asylum let alone learn a rotation and be able to kill bosses in an MMO. I like you @Dust Runner but this is a losing cause recruiting on these forums for competent players. 

Come show em how it's done in the guild...

Not shilling for it or anything...

>_>

Edited by Dust Runner
1 hour ago, EthanS said:

Quick question

i bought WoW bfa a few months ago and I was wondering is WoW classic is a whole another game or is it just an update to the current wow?

Whole different game (No characters will transfer over, but your subscription will count towards both)

Its the game when it first came out before any of the expansions. The main "Allure" there is that this was back when the game was at its peak in popularity where things were harder, took  a lot more time, and had more ephisis on needing to play with others rather than playing by your self

Edited by Sugarfoot
DonDurka and EthanS like this
30 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Whole different game (No characters will transfer over, but your subscription will count towards both)

Its the game when it first came out before any of the expansions. The main "Allure" there is that this was back when the game was at its peak in popularity where things were harder, took  a lot more time, and had more ephisis on needing to play with others rather than playing by your self

So to play would I have to buy any thing other than a new subscription?

1 minute ago, EthanS said:

So to play would I have to buy any thing other than a new subscription?

I dont think they officially gave word on needing to purchase a seperate game so at the current moment my understanding is as long as you have an active subscription to "WoW" then you will have active access to both your account that is the live version of BFA and access to the version that is Vanilla WoW.

I wouldn't put it past them though to slap a 40$ tag on the game and then state that you can play either version of wow with the same subscription

EthanS likes this
11 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I dont think they officially gave word on needing to purchase a seperate game so at the current moment my understanding is as long as you have an active subscription to "WoW" then you will have active access to both your account that is the live version of BFA and access to the version that is Vanilla WoW.

I wouldn't put it past them though to slap a 40$ tag on the game and then state that you can play either version of wow with the same subscription

By the way you can't receive messages on the forums for whatever reason. Some old players' here have full inboxes so be careful. Let me know if you need another invite.

9 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

By the way you can't receive messages on the forums for whatever reason. Some old players' here have full inboxes so be careful. Let me know if you need another invite.

oh shoot alright I just cleaned it out - forgot there was probably a few years worth of stuff there. Yeah I think the discord invite expired and my message box was for sure full lol