Change the APD

Many rebels and even bounty hunters have noticed a lack luster in "fun" (Very subjective by my opinion). One thing that has really bothered me is what is the point of cops? Like seriously? I think the role-play potential and overall increase to the general experience of players is vast and comprehensive, but any time I have an encounter with a cop the role-play is horrendous and all they look forward to is the paycheck. You have cops who take their role as either a deity in the server or a scoundrel trying to get a quick buck. So how can we fix this? Nerfs! Just like you nerfed the RPG and increased its prices, and nerfed the bank, nerfed the prices of loadouts (increases could be due to taxes always being 20% too). The nerfs could be as follows; sending someone to jail reduces the payout by 50%, this would be an incentive to actually roleplay and give out tickets instead of sending people to jail; moreover, the straight to jail charges like prison conspiring are insanely idiotic and bring nothing to the game but annoyance to players trying to have fun. Next, a reduction in prison time, why in the hell would anyone want to play asylum when they might go to jail for 45 mins and do absolutely nothing while playing your server? Role-playing is fun but 45 mins gets me out of the mood. Moreover, cops having quicker revives, no timers for revs, and higher-ups equipping constables with 7.62 is freaking outrageous. My loadout costs 30,000 their loadouts are free (for the most part) why is it okay to give every constable a 7.62 when usually they have more numbers then the rebels? I am not writing this cause I am salty I am writing this because a lot of players feel this way and find it absolutely ridiculous that every patch benefits cops and tarnishes the fun for everyone else. And thanks for the shitty rebel update that is just a grind fest and does nothing to benefit the game, you want more players make it fun and stop making changes for the loudest people. The 99% have spoken.

TLDR: Nerf cops

-Reduce cop payout for sending to jail by 50%

-Reduce prison time substantially 15 mins MAX

-Get rid of medics on cop

-No cop under the rank of Captain should be equipped with a 7.62.

Bherky likes this
27 minutes ago, mcohen27 said:

Many rebels and even bounty hunters have noticed a lack luster in "fun" (Very subjective by my opinion). One thing that has really bothered me is what is the point of cops? Like seriously? I think the role-play potential and overall increase to the general experience of players is vast and comprehensive, but any time I have an encounter with a cop the role-play is horrendous and all they look forward to is the paycheck. You have cops who take their role as either a deity in the server or a scoundrel trying to get a quick buck. So how can we fix this? Nerfs! Just like you nerfed the RPG and increased its prices, and nerfed the bank, nerfed the prices of loadouts (increases could be due to taxes always being 20% too). The nerfs could be as follows; sending someone to jail reduces the payout by 50%, this would be an incentive to actually roleplay and give out tickets instead of sending people to jail; moreover, the straight to jail charges like prison conspiring are insanely idiotic and bring nothing to the game but annoyance to players trying to have fun. Next, a reduction in prison time, why in the hell would anyone want to play asylum when they might go to jail for 45 mins and do absolutely nothing while playing your server? Role-playing is fun but 45 mins gets me out of the mood. Moreover, cops having quicker revives, no timers for revs, and higher-ups equipping constables with 7.62 is freaking outrageous. My loadout costs 30,000 their loadouts are free (for the most part) why is it okay to give every constable a 7.62 when usually they have more numbers then the rebels? I am not writing this cause I am salty I am writing this because a lot of players feel this way and find it absolutely ridiculous that every patch benefits cops and tarnishes the fun for everyone else. And thanks for the shitty rebel update that is just a grind fest and does nothing to benefit the game, you want more players make it fun and stop making changes for the loudest people. The 99% have spoken.

you are a constable,why complain?

Also your post is mostly lies

Sp0on likes this
17 minutes ago, Good Lub said:

you are a constable,why complain?

Also your post is mostly lies

Because I like seeing four servers with 70 people on each. And what specifically is a lie? Gotta love statements like yours that just try to attack a position by giving generalizations that give the commentator an open slate on every position because its so generic. Whats a lie? What dont you like about anything i said? Do you think it wont help Asylum? Or do you just wanna say annoying comments that help nobody and have no depth?

Bherky likes this
58 minutes ago, mcohen27 said:

why is it okay to give every constable a 7.62 when usually they have more numbers then the rebels?

No ACTIVE Captains do this and lts are not allowed, That being said there is 1 retired captain that always gives his friends mks and its fucking annoying, retired captains should be LTs they shouldnt keep their rank when they retire. Just because "its something that has always been apart of asylum" doesnt meant it shouldnt change. 

1 hour ago, mcohen27 said:

No cop under the rank of Captain should be equipped with a 7.62.

eh LTs should keep em, they shouldnt be handed out though. Also, nerfing cop payouts will only make them robocop more. In my opinion, the cop payout should be completely changed so it doesnt even involve tickets and sending to jail, but no one ever wants to have that discussion. I think the real thing that needs to be happening is cracking down on robocopping. I could guarantee you if I were to give a verbal for it i would have a bunch of LTs yelling at me even though its something that can be reported for in IAs. Unfortunately most of the people that actually want to see change in the apd dont get promoted because the current people in charge want to remain essentially unchecked. 

CoCo, Lightbulb, Bherky and 1 other like this
31 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

No ACTIVE Captains do this and lts are not allowed, That being said there is 1 retired captain that always gives his friends mks and its fucking annoying, retired captains should be LTs they shouldnt keep their rank when they retire. Just because "its something that has always been apart of asylum" doesnt meant it shouldnt change. 

eh LTs should keep em, they shouldnt be handed out though. Also, nerfing cop payouts will only make them robocop more. In my opinion, the cop payout should be completely changed so it doesnt even involve tickets and sending to jail, but no one ever wants to have that discussion. I think the real thing that needs to be happening is cracking down on robocopping. I could guarantee you if I were to give a verbal for it i would have a bunch of LTs yelling at me even though its something that can be reported for in IAs. Unfortunately most of the people that actually want to see change in the apd dont get promoted because the current people in charge want to remain essentially unchecked. 

I would question that no active Captains right now have done that, but I cannot confirm I have just seen it happen before. I dont know if it would make them robocop more, I would assume they would at least give the assailant an ample amount of time to roleplay and then determine their story after they finish. Cops like to give the full ticket, because its a win-win, if the guy refuses he gets sent to jail or the guy pays the full; regardless, the cop makes as much money. And you are absolutely correct the roleplay in Asylum is terrible and I dont point to the constable I point to the LT and Captain that allow this crap to continue.  

You have some valid points here. But tbh with you it's not as bad as you make it sound.

I totally agree with the jail time, which is waaay to high. Should be lowered quite a bit as 45 minutes in jail for a 40k bounty is pretty dumb.

The medic slot for cops should be nerfed for sure. It should still be an option for a Corporal + to play as a medic, but not the way it is now.

The 7.62 for LT's was a thing added to " help " the cops back in the day when there was big gangs with 20+ people online. So im all down for LT's going back to the MXM's. As there is really no need for an LT to have it anymore. The Captains could keep their 7.62's, as they are on top of the board anyway.

And with the Captains giving out 7.62s I barely see it tbf with you, even if they did from time to time it would not be that big of a deal. Unless it was something being done all the time. 

The Boss, Azeh, Storm7 and 7 others like this
44 minutes ago, GO7NEY said:

Cops with 7.62's don't make a difference anyway. Not a threat 90% of the time.

Agreed. A cop that's effective with a 7.62 at a prison/bank would be just as effective with a 6.5.

I spoke to Samp and Leady a little over a week ago about cops not carrying another over a 5.56 unless at a prison or bank, and 7.62 being straight lethal. I don't think it'll be implemented, but Samp seemed to like the idea.

Rodrigo, Batcan and Bherky like this
2 hours ago, Durga said:

Agreed. A cop that's effective with a 7.62 at a prison/bank would be just as effective with a 6.5.

I spoke to Samp and Leady a little over a week ago about cops not carrying another over a 5.56 unless at a prison or bank, and 7.62 being straight lethal. I don't think it'll be implemented, but Samp seemed to like the idea.

For real you could be Braindead and whiff a 7.62 will still destroy you.  If you get lucky you soak a 5.56 or 2 Thank god cops still arn't wearing lvl 2 helmets and Durga rolling around with a rpg on cop.

5 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

The 7.62 for LT's was a thing added to " help " the cops back in the day when there was big gangs with 20+ people online. So im all down for LT's going back to the MXM's. As there is really no need for an LT to have it anymore. The Captains could keep their 7.62's, as they are on top of the board anyway.

Would never happen. Captains wont nerf themselves and half the admin team has perm LT.

Bherky and Fried Rice like this

Honestly you hurt my brain. You have literally killed brain cells. 1) Cops have been ridiculously restricted in the past months. Countless tools, and privileges have been taken away for civilians to have a easier time. 2) Nerfing cops will only make more cops leave like some have already.

3) Its not our fault you suck at combat

To conclude, please never say nerf the cops again. I don't usually be an a hole to someone on here but your stupidity literally hurts my brain. 

Sp0on and Good Lub like this
8 hours ago, mcohen27 said:

cops don't get shit for money anyways in comparison to playing civ. sure. make it less fun to have less gear and less people*********

agreed

n0pe.

nope

Edited by Sp0on
b is not a good push to talk button when you are trying to be multiplatform
10 hours ago, mcohen27 said:

As said in another post above mine, I agree that cops paycheck shouldn't revolve around giving you a big ticket or sending you to jail, it should be based on something else. All it does is incentivize them to barely reduce your ticket after a 15m story or just robo-cop you straight to jail.

Agree, going to jail for 2 murders and spending almost a third of the restart in jail is dumb as fuck. 15-20m MAX

Never gonna happen, but they should have been reworked ages ago. The should not be able to revive the same guy 13 times in a row. They already get a free loadout, and usually have the numbers. If you can't win without abusing this, maybe learn how to aim instead.

Wouldn't really change anything tbh.

I'd rather have the cops learn to stop desync ramming/vdming my hemmit when I evade them

Edited by The Boss
thmenser likes this
10 hours ago, mcohen27 said:

Nerfs! Just like you nerfed the RPG and increased its prices, and nerfed the bank, nerfed the prices of loadouts (increases could be due to taxes always being 20% too). The nerfs could be as follows; sending someone to jail reduces the payout by 50%, this would be an incentive to actually roleplay and give out tickets instead of sending people to jail;

lol, you don't actually think that if they make cop payouts LESS they will roleplay MORE right?! hahahaha

Lets say you are the money hungry cop, You see 2 guys wanted for 100k each. You could think " Well if i go easy on both of them i'll still get a big paycheck and i look good "
Now you are the money hungry cop with YOUR great suggestion implemented in the same situation, now your thought progress goes like this. " Well fuck me i only get 50% anyway I better full ticket them so i get maximum payout." 

How does this make it better ?

Also allot of what you said are blatant assumptions, lies or opinions. None of those are facts that we can go off of. 

I assume you're not aware of how much cops have been nerfed and shit upon lately so i'll let it be. Either way think of some better solutions before you make them.

Sp0on likes this
11 hours ago, mcohen27 said:

Because I like seeing four servers with 70 people on each. And what specifically is a lie? Gotta love statements like yours that just try to attack a position by giving generalizations that give the commentator an open slate on every position because its so generic. Whats a lie? What dont you like about anything i said? Do you think it wont help Asylum? Or do you just wanna say annoying comments that help nobody and have no depth?

11 hours ago, mcohen27 said:

higher-ups equipping constables with 7.62 is freaking outrageous

Something's just not right here

Edited by Good Lub
10 hours ago, Chow Mein said:

I am so glad you aren't active Captain anymore.

I'm glad you aren't active at all

8 hours ago, Sp0on said:

i think 6.5 vs 7.62 should still be a thing with the current downing script.

idfk what durga is talking about with that 556 bullshit.

nobody wants to use a 556 unless its a fucking LIM.

Big gun better

9621584c57879226beae199c61364b3c.png

Ghost0fDawn and Sp0on like this
15 hours ago, Durga said:

Durga for captain. Honestly if they added more 5.56 guns for cops or even something like the car which i think is 5.8 to choose from i would be fine with this.

18 hours ago, Durga said:

Why don't we just carry P07's with blanks? Maybe we can throw stones at them?

2 hours ago, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

Durga for captain. Honestly if they added more 5.56 guns for cops or even something like the car which i think is 5.8 to choose from i would be fine with this.

no-84.png

12 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Either way think of some better solutions before you make them.

That's why this is in suggestions portion of the forums.. 

12 hours ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Lets say you are the money hungry cop, You see 2 guys wanted for 100k each. You could think " Well if i go easy on both of them i'll still get a big paycheck and i look good "
Now you are the money hungry cop with YOUR great suggestion implemented in the same situation, now your thought progress goes like this. " Well fuck me i only get 50% anyway I better full ticket them so i get maximum payout." 

How does this make it better ?

Well if the guy refuses the ticket you'll lose 50% of your "max-payout." Honestly, I dont know if what I stated would be the "best" what I do know is that the cop will have to try and role-play so the guy accepts a ticket instead of sending him to jail. Idk if its the best solution, but the point of cops is for role-play and "protection" it makes the game fun for civs when cops at least have some ambiance of a good role-player.