V2 - "Official Release Week"

Jesse

12 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Evening all,

I wanted to give a slight update to the new mission related stuff. I unfortunately got hit with having to work 3 weeks of 66hrs /ea week at work (Starting this week). This has pushed back my estimated done date pretty hard. I took off two days of work (Jul 14/15) to make a longer week and prevent being forced to do overtime that week. 

The "Official Release Week" will be the week of July 14 - 20. The date is not set in stone yet. However, that will 99% for sure be the week we release on. This will allow us to get in 2 more staff meetings before releasing and also to finish up related projects required to release such as our new web based admin/moderator controls. As far as progress goes on the mission I'm happy where we're at and confident we can reach the goal set. As long as my house doesn't burn down or something in the meantime. I just want to be sure we have a good release and that we have enough time to do the things we want to get done.

If you guys have any questions or anything feel free to drop them below.

Thanks,
Jesse

o7 Till July 14-20 Gamers

Bag Of Funyuns and Big Fred like this
5 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Why a week from the Contact DLC?

Not really following what you're suggesting? I wouldn't expect a huge drop in player population or anything. Maybe a bit but it's nothing that won't come back honestly. Mind going more in depth here?

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Not really following what you're suggesting? I wouldn't expect a huge drop in player population or anything. Maybe a bit but it's nothing that won't come back honestly. Mind going more in depth here?

Is it possible for the new DLC to cause unintended issues with the mission file just a week after V2's release? Mainly the possible downtime associated with releasing V2 and having it (the DLC) cause issues just as V2 could be off and going successfully? I'm not a developer so I don't know if it would cause issues for certain, but I know DLC's have in the past. Just seems like bad timing when performance and availability being improved is the flagship concern of V2.

Also because it's a massive undertaking with V2 and you about having JUST released V2, should we expect any content additions from the DLC to be severely delayed?

14 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

Is it possible for the new DLC to cause unintended issues with the mission file just a week after V2's release? Mainly the possible downtime associated with releasing V2 and having it (the DLC) cause issues just as V2 could be off and going successfully? I'm not a developer so I don't know if it would cause issues for certain, but I know DLC's have in the past. Just seems like bad timing when performance and availability being improved is the flagship concern of V2.

Also because it's a massive undertaking with V2 and you about having JUST released V2, should we expect any content additions from the DLC to be severely delayed?

We'll have to update the servers which is triggered by just clicking a batch file and we'll have to drop an update mission. Only like 15 min process. I've never had a dlc prevent my updates in the past. Sure sometimes there was something like sounds got lowered so we had to increase volume. That was about it.

Regarding DLC I don't even know what they've all added. As far as that goes it all depends on how the weapons function on release. Also how non dlc owners see and interact. The last "Community DLC" was very non-dlc owner friendly. Tanoa was also very non-dlc friendly until they were releasing Malden then the object assets were made available for everyone. Before that you had to have the dlc to even see the houses.

Just now, Jesse said:

We'll have to update the servers which is triggered by just clicking a batch file and we'll have to drop an update mission. Only like 15 min process. I've never had a dlc prevent my updates in the past. Sure sometimes there was something like sounds got lowered so we had to increase volume. That was about it.

Ok sounds easier than I would've guessed. Thanks for the response.

48 minutes ago, Jesse said:

There is already a huge drop in player population. The biggest issue that anyone has right now are the lag spikes. V2 is gonna fix that right?

The Boss likes this
1 minute ago, Madlibs said:

There is already a huge drop in player population. The biggest issue that anyone has right now are the lag spikes. V2 is gonna fix that right?

I mean we don't have 60+ players to test that....? That's the whole point of all this though is to remedy it.

8 minutes ago, Phil | OG said:

They need to get on this shit with "away" cops, you're one of many that post on the forums saying "Oh I haven't played in months because the server sucks" but are still Cpl, Sgt or LT. The fuck? Get em outta here for someone that wants to contribute.

can't contribute to something if there's nothing to contribute to?

thero, Quenton, Joshhh and 3 others like this