V2 - "Official Release Week"

Jesse

8 minutes ago, Azeh said:

But.. we can?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I am getting tired of these constant change in the release date, I personally think it is a poor business practice to suggest something is releasing at this time or that and continue to push it back. Perhaps you are all working your hardest to get this done and the schedule just isn't working out as planned. But I would think that at some point you would just give the community a solid release date and say we can have a vote if we would rather play it with bugs or wait until it is finished.

Spanky2060 and Face Chaser like this
22 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

I don't know how you guys find the time, but great job to all the developers working on it. If I could give some advice, it would be to have several days of testing with admins and smaller parts of the community before you deploy anything to the live servers. It's better to wait for a quality product rather than having a broken mission that needs several hotfixes immediately on release. Of course you know all of this already.

We've actively been testing stuff ourselves of course and staff members have been testing stuff as well as fit.
28ef44ee747c16a6473e0bccf8c43148.png

3 minutes ago, Nic Rage said:

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I am getting tired of these constant change in the release date, I personally think it is a poor business practice to suggest something is releasing at this time or that and continue to push it back. Perhaps you are all working your hardest to get this done and the schedule just isn't working out as planned. But I would think that at some point you would just give the community a solid release date and say we can have a vote if we would rather play it with bugs or wait until it is finished.

This is a game dude. Not a business. If I didn't have a job and other commitments this would've been done a long time ago. People don't want to be left in the dark, so I try to give the best possible estimates that I can. I said the date was not set in stone. We're trying very hard to keep to our commitment. If you were here in the days of Paratus, you would be thankful. We could just leave you all in the dark forever and then just randomly drop something. We're trying to be involved with community as far as active development of things go. I mean we can just stop communicating and you can all wonder. We're trying our best for a group of people working on this, especially when THIS IS NOT OUR JOB. It's merely a hobby. My real life stuff comes first 100% of the time. I use to put Arma in front of that stuff and I got to a real shitty point in my life. Never again.

11 minutes ago, Scrubby said:

@Bikstok exactly, a test server would be great for those who volunteer to test new things not only for v2 but for future updates, patches, etc. Also the server can be run by admins and developers obviously. 

See above.

Madlibs, Kyle_, J9HUNNA and 11 others like this
2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

We've actively been testing stuff ourselves of course and staff members have been testing stuff as well as fit.
28ef44ee747c16a6473e0bccf8c43148.png

This is a game dude. Not a business. If I didn't have a job and other commitments this would've been done a long time ago.

See above.

my inside rat is telling me v2 is out tommorrow can we get a confirmation on this one Mr.Jesse?

@Jesse I personally don't care if v2 is delayed because I know you and the staff team are working as hard as you possibly can to give us the best possible experience on Asylum. So, I thank you for that. 

@skrood i'll donate more than that just because I love the server and community of players. You my friend must be patient. 

Just now, Scrubby said:

@Nic Rage The Owners and Admins of Asylum are trying to make v2 the best it can be. I don't care when it releases, because i know they are working very hard to re-work the entire mission file, and create the best gaming experience possible on the Asylum servers. 

Cool, but everytime the "release" gets close there is another setback and I assumed that this summer I was going to get to play V2 before school started back. Now I am beginning to think that is not gonna be a reality. (Originally was thought to be done some time in mid to late june.)

Thanks for those of you who understand. For those of you who don't, I'm sorry and obviously there is not much more I can say to make you understand.

We took an absolutely empty basic OLD (3.1.4.8) Altis Life and are trying to make it Asylum. It's not just copy paste, it's a lot of work and a lot of debugging. As a lot of this code hasn't been updated or adjusted. We've also added in some new stuff like vehicle syncs between restarts, new housing/vehicle inventory systems, several new menus. All this stuff requires time to be done correctly. If we release a mission with errors. How do we know the issues we may experience are from the KNOWN released issues or if it's some deeper issue? It's not a good practice. Projects almost never meet deadlines unfortunately. If you've ever had your city re-do a road... you know this... weather changes.

However, for those who have seen what we have going as far as staff and Henry/Azeh, I think we'd all agree we've got quite a bit done and are close to where we want to be.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Thanks for those of you who understand. For those of you who don't, I'm sorry and obviously there is not much more I can say to make you understand.

We took an absolutely empty basic OLD (3.1.4.8) Altis Life and are trying to make it Asylum. It's not just copy paste, it's a lot of work and a lot of debugging. As a lot of this code hasn't been updated or adjusted. We've also added in some new stuff like vehicle syncs between restarts, new housing/vehicle inventory systems, several new menus. All this stuff requires time to be done correctly. If we release a mission with errors. How do we know the issues we may experience are from the KNOWN released issues or if it's some deeper issue? It's not a good practice. Projects almost never meet deadlines unfortunately. If you've ever had your city re-do a road... you know this... weather changes.

However, for those who have seen what we have going as far as staff and Henry/Azeh, I think we'd all agree we've got quite a bit done and are close to where we want to be.

I want to start this off with a thank you I expect this to be a great thing for the community. Although this is getting pretty annoying, you guys just need to give yourself a realistic timeline can you please like just give us a date you will push it by and if its freaking November then at least we know there is no reason to just keep delaying it. The process of delaying it is causing so many issues for so many people on the server nobody wants to sell or buy houses, people don't want to buy crates and stuff cause they are getting removed like i was questioning buying barrels but I'm glad i did cause now its getting pushed more. On the police side I have heard from @DarkKnight that their hasn't been promotions due to V2 being right around the corner, there hasn't been a policy update because V2 is right around the corner like just make it realistic and then we wont be over here getting our hopes up.

Nic Rage likes this
3 minutes ago, Scrubby said:

if you don't want  a bug filled v2 then why not wait right? @steelersfan82

where in my post did i say i wouldn't wait...i was making the point Clearly you didn't read it that they need to give themselves a more realistic timeline. and thats all cause its holding up a bunch of stuff that people want to do.

10 minutes ago, steelersfan82 said:

where in my post did i say i wouldn't wait...i was making the point Clearly you didn't read it that they need to give themselves a more realistic timeline. and thats all cause its holding up a bunch of stuff that people want to do.

Sorry I couldn't predict 3 weeks of working 66hrs each week... I had 3 OT Days a week for the last 3 weeks, I had a whole 1 day off a week... I don't chose when my work says we need everyone working. Sorry that timelines change. The original was quite accurate for this week. 

• B A R K I N • likes this

The reason people used to get so fucked off when shit didn't come out is because it wasn't communicated to the community.

This is good, you're saying "here's where we are, this is where we expect to be and this is our estimated release time".

With that said, shit is absolutely going to be busted, you should wait to release until you can give it attention.

Edited by Boris
18 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I'll take the blame for this.

We arent releasing V2 because I'm going to Vegas tomorrow.  So its not the developers, its my own selfish need to be there when it launches.

Thanks for understanding.

Shutting asylum?
Taking the donor money to Vegas at least let us know how much you made off of the communities money at the blackjack tables.

Edited by steelersfan82
Abu and Clint Beastwood like this