Things that should be changed about APD.

• the ability to steal weapons off of a dead player ( a civilian could easily do this you don’t need *special police training* to be able to do this but to the restrictions on the server Civs can’t do this.)

• the ability to pull not downed players out of a locked or unlocked vehicle( either way civs and police should not be able to do this.)

please don’t get butthurt about this these are just things I feel should be changed. 

@Samperino

@Gen. Henry Arnold

:)

Abu likes this

Just a few things to comment on here from a career cop.

1. ! believe the function you are refering to is the disarm function. This is to give cops some ability to deal with civilians which get killed or are killed from a fight for good. Now this is what our version of executing someone is. The main difference here is one takes your guns/grenades the other sends you to the respawn screen.

2. Let me give you an example: You pull out a vehicle from the DMV in athira. You unlock the car, get in, and there is someone who jumped in the passenger seat of your car. Well now you have 3 options. The first option is you ask the person to get out and they get out. The second is you get out and kill the person. The third option is you have the cops pull the occupents out preventing the vehicle from having a chance of being stolen and not gathering a warrant for killing a person. The point to this story is that if this function was removed it would be highly challenging to deal with players in vehicles on the server as the police and would cause some annoying levels of trolling that is preventable.

In case you have never heard or spoken to me before I always encourage people to record and report any abuse from police they find. I am a Lieutenant and every officer of the APD knows this and acts like angels, preventing me from knowing the corrupt things they do when I am not around. Always and I mean always have a recording software running as it has a grand many purposes on these servers.

TLDR: These ideas will not work in all practicallity and abuse is bad and should be reported.

Farmer Steve, Emma, Roice and 6 others like this
2 hours ago, ColtonB205 said:

Just a few things to comment on here from a career cop.

1. ! believe the function you are refering to is the disarm function. This is to give cops some ability to deal with civilians which get killed or are killed from a fight for good. Now this is what our version of executing someone is. The main difference here is one takes your guns/grenades the other sends you to the respawn screen.

2. Let me give you an example: You pull out a vehicle from the DMV in athira. You unlock the car, get in, and there is someone who jumped in the passenger seat of your car. Well now you have 3 options. The first option is you ask the person to get out and they get out. The second is you get out and kill the person. The third option is you have the cops pull the occupents out preventing the vehicle from having a chance of being stolen and not gathering a warrant for killing a person. The point to this story is that if this function was removed it would be highly challenging to deal with players in vehicles on the server as the police and would cause some annoying levels of trolling that is preventable.

In case you have never heard or spoken to me before I always encourage people to record and report any abuse from police they find. I am a Lieutenant and every officer of the APD knows this and acts like angels, preventing me from knowing the corrupt things they do when I am not around. Always and I mean always have a recording software running as it has a grand many purposes on these servers.

TLDR: These ideas will not work in all practicallity and abuse is bad and should be reported.

I see where your coming from and yes with your statements I agree with all of them but I feel in certain scenarios they should be changed. I have had countless times where I will be stealing an orca or some other armed or armored vehicle and the constable will just pull me out and then down me maybe there could be a script where it only applies for police vehicles where you can pull out non downed players? 

13 hours ago, Dillon said:

• the ability to steal weapons off of a dead player ( a civilian could easily do this you don’t need *special police training* to be able to do this but to the restrictions on the server Civs can’t do this.)

• the ability to pull not downed players out of a locked or unlocked vehicle( either way civs and police should not be able to do this.)

yes. 

I mean as colton stated the disarm is to keep someone from endlessly standing up and shooting at you, needs to stay.  

As far as the pullout thing I kinda get where you are coming from, but it does not need to be removed for obvious reasons.  Your niche issue can be handled with A policy put in place that says you have to verbally advise you are pulling out of a vehicle and then give 5 seconds, simulates breaking the glass or w/e.  Also gives you a chance to drop or run, or whatever you are trying to do.

To be honest if you take a step back and look at it if you are trying to steal a car a cop irl is gonna yank your ass out not really super important on the server but i think that's the idea behind it. Me personally i rarely pull non-downed people out of vehicles unless 1. The vehicle is mine or another officers 2. The vehicle is being impounded or searched/seized and some idiot hops in it or 3. the vehicle is disabled or at least very close to it (3-4 tires out etc) and the driver can't be downed easily (ie. Strider, Hunter, Ifrit, HMMT, Etc.)

Edited by Tyler
Bandit likes this
19 hours ago, Dillon said:

:)

All go over some things from point 1 first that i agree with.

- I would like to see the ability to see SOME things stolen off a dead player, but a lot of restrictions put in place because it could easily end up duping it, thats probably the reason its not allowed. I believe you should be able to maybe steal some clothing off the person, maybe just their vest or something minor that could still have some impact on the game. I don't believe weapons should be taken because that could easily be exploited.

- I agree with not being about to pull downed players out of vehicles, it used to be in the past you would have to lockpick the vehicle to be able to pull them out, but on the contrary police should 100% be able to pull a downed person out of their car because they are the fuckin police and would just bash the window in anyway.