What is unused / not needed?

Jesse

Hey everyone,

What are some things or features to something that you feel are just pointless or really make you go why is this in the game? Looking to bring some of the stuff you guys feel are pointless, etc to the staff meetings to find out if we can remake them to be pointful or adjust to be better and more popular.

Please keep this thread clean... We're trying to improve the game/community.. not get mod queued or fight each other.

Thanks!

Robin, Jake, Fried Rice and 3 others like this

Market system.  Please just remove it and set a flat rate what you buy and sell things for.

Evidence locker should be just something that is at HQs and something you gotta break into instead of another kill cops for X amount of time and fly off.

Various jobs in the game could get reworked to be more profitable and interesting instead of the good ol' meth and scotch meta.

Walt, Donald, DalBrow and 3 others like this

Lumber Mills, Weed Dispensary, Turtles ( as they are not really working, hotfix perhaps? ), Taxi request, Handyman and inspirational talents, Tax System (rework), Hunting grounds?, Lottery rework, some to begin with. Might edit it some stuff @Jesse

Just now, Bag Of Funyuns said:

get rid of taxes at rebel

That will ruin the whole point of arms. Tax everyone besides people inside the gang owning it.

Just now, Elaiscancer said:

Market system.  Please just remove it and set a flat rate what you buy and sell things for.

Evidence locker should be just something that is at HQs and something you gotta break into instead of another kill cops for X amount of time and fly off.

Various jobs in the game could get reworked to be more profitable and interesting instead of the good ol' meth and scotch meta.

Meth and scotch are good money because theyre illegal.

DalBrow likes this

The market system Is lame tbh... I get why its there to stop people from farming only one thing but, it stops people from doing LARGE runs of one thing, maybe make it where the market doesn't change for maybe 10min of selling something? 

Make something LEGAL that's worth a good amount of money. I mean people have the HUGE risk of being rob doing anything anyways.

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Elaborate. What about it is shit?

Elaborate. The whole thing? Just a few portions? What would you do if it were your server?

specifically the part where governor can raise taxes to twenty percent which I find outrages and unnecessary, if it were my server I would nerf the amount from 20 to 5 percent, 10 percent max, the role doesnt offer anything to roleplay its just kind of there to feed peoples pockets from exploiting new players to vote for them. 

8 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Lumber Mills, Weed Dispensary, Turtles ( as they are not really working, hotfix perhaps? ), Taxi request, Handyman and inspirational talents, Tax System (rework), Hunting grounds?, Lottery rework, some to begin with. Might edit it some stuff @Jesse

That will ruin the whole point of arms. Tax everyone besides people inside the gang owning it.

On top of all these, the gang house system could use a slight rework. If the person who owns the gang house doesnt log in the house disappears straight away but the gang has a chance of disappearing also with whatever gang perks or money it has. Maybe make it so it warns others in the gang when they log in that the house will "foreclose" or something just so people can make changes or ask the owner to log in. 

2 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

The market system Is lame tbh... I get why its there to stop people from farming only one thing but, it stops people from doing LARGE runs of one thing, maybe make it where the market doesn't change for maybe 10min of selling something? 

Make something LEGAL that's worth a good amount of money. I mean people have the HUGE risk of being rob doing anything anyways.

It makes sense to have illegal activities payout more than legal activities for the added risk. If a legal activity paid more, people wouldn't do illegal things. I also don't like the dynamic market, mostly on dev end where multiple calculations are made for prices and it gets messy. Easier with consistent config prices.

• B A R K I N • likes this
4 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

It makes sense to have illegal activities payout more than legal activities for the added risk. If a legal activity paid more, people wouldn't do illegal things. I also don't like the dynamic market, mostly on dev end where multiple calculations are made for prices and it gets messy. Easier with consistent config prices.

Legal activates should still be profitable.  Of course not as much as meth or scotch but the only real difference is you don't get fucked with by cops.  Rebels will still rob you nonstop and in my own experience I have been killed by rebels doing activities far more than cops getting me on runs whether it be illegal or legal.

Just now, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Also how many countless times was the evidence lockup requested and how many years has it been ignored? If you have suggestions on how to tweak it I’m open to ideas. Pretty much every concern has been taken into account and tweaked.

its honestly too long and complicated of a process. When the rebles do succeed it also seems like its even more difficult to get the hemitt out and escape. id like to see it set up to something like the fed so its easier for rebels to understand and can complete the task inside of a compound. If that makes sense?

Fried Rice likes this
4 minutes ago, TRYHARD said:

None of this shit is used nearly as much as their respective counter parts.

• Evidence lockup.
  • Oil gathering with the oil truck. 
  • Oil cartel
  • Wood gathering/processing
  • Moonshine, Corn Whiskey, Rye Whiskey

The locker i find is good to stock a house if thats the thing youre into doing.

Oil gathering with the truck is done more than you'd think.

Wood is pointless and should be removed completely or replaced with something else.

Mooshine, Corn Whisky and Rye is never done so yeah, away with that.

Just now, Azeh said:

This imo was fine when it gave you rubber. However, the oil platform is a shit location. Thoughts?

Location on the rig is shit, needs to be just DP11 or nothing.

The cartel itself and only that cartel should get the fridge back and give out rubber. @Jesse

5 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Also how many countless times was the evidence lockup requested and how many years has it been ignored? If you have suggestions on how to tweak it I’m open to ideas. Pretty much every concern has been taken into account and tweaked.

Right now Y inventory doesnt work on the hemmit. Says its full but nothing spawns in it but other than that i cant think of anything else wrong with it. Cops spawn, kill cops, take hemmit. Maybe add a chance for vehicles to spawn too? I suggested that to clint before it was added. Add a chance for Orcas, Ifirits, 50's etc to spawn along with a hemmit of guns but make it so the hemmit doesnt have as much guns if one of said vehicles spawn and if a vehicle doesnt spawn then just give a normal hemmit of guns/Y inventory.

Innate likes this
Just now, Azeh said:

This imo was fine when it gave you rubber. However, the oil platform is a shit location. Thoughts?

The “map” aspect of the cartel doesn’t need changed (Less than 2% of oil cartel caps will be defended).  But switching it back to generating Rubber would be spectacular.

-Get rid of all alcohol manufacturing except Scotch.  No one does the other alcohols.

Dynamic Market definitely needs tweaked, if not removed.

Remove the police checkpoint gates, they’re pointless.

Add crank vans!!!

DS has yet to do an evidence locker robbery (we usually lack the numbers).  So we’re just clueless when it comes to that, which may be why it hasn’t been robbed so much... people just don’t know what’s involved, maybe??

Robin, DirtBag, Maaqs and 1 other like this
2 minutes ago, Azeh said:

This imo was fine when it gave you rubber. The oil platform is also a shit location. Thoughts?

Yeah when it gave rubber it was worth so you could craft vehicles. Right now It never gets touched.

4 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

Here are some suggestions. 

1.) Make it something rebels defend. Id suggest having the demo planted and 20 minutes later it blows and the door opens. Rebels dont have free load outs they can throw away attacking a fortified position. Its up to the gangs to initiate the attack and if they feel its cop sided it simply wont get robbed except by the admin groups. 

2.) The loot is trash. I'd suggest having the truck be filled with drugs at a value over 1mil that we can sell at the drug dealer and some OP stuff added on top of that like a few RPG rockets. 

Walt, cHIP oTLE and Mason like this

Weapon prices need tweaked considerably.

for example:  you can spend 6-7k on a PDW at fun store, or go to rebel and get an Katiba, Spar16, AKM or AK12 close to that price.  Or, at rebel, you have MK1s (none on market) at around 12k and P90s at 14k??? 

I think all guns should have a set price. (Of course still hold the turf ownership discount for rebel weapons)

edit: this doesn’t really fit in this thread, but I’ll keep it posted for awareness

Edited by •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE
Robin, Elite and MR. COW like this
2 hours ago, Clockwerk said:

its honestly too long and complicated of a process. When the rebles do succeed it also seems like its even more difficult to get the hemitt out and escape. id like to see it set up to something like the fed so its easier for rebels to understand and can complete the task inside of a compound. If that makes sense?

Meh We succeed easily with 2 ifrits and 4-6 people.  Wait the 3 min and then zerg before cops can get establsihed.  Single out and drop/distract as one drops the demo and then lockpicks/drives out.  If we dont get roached we are out in under 10 minutes from hitting the fence terminal with a minimal rebel crew with the truck.  And then just drive away since no cops have pulled cars.

If anything I feel it needs to be made harder if any changes occur.  

2 hours ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

I do feel the having to have a dump house can be problematic.  Find a way that you can sell the items in the truck somewhere, or maybe have the truck be choppable for a larger cut.  So you can take the guns and Y or leave it, but can just take the truck to chop for say 750k if you dont care.  

Also make it harder, make the gates like fed and needing to be bolt cutted, with auto spike strips deployed.  Longer timer on the demo charge, idk what other changes.  My group can just too easily do it, and I have seen others too.  Super fast and super easy.

Agree with Governor nerf. 10% max

Oil cartel actually giving out rubber.

Rubber being more accessible, oil rig sucks due to glitches or server crashes. Make it not even worth running. Takes an hour to get 20-40 rubber and hopefully you can make it that long

Set prices on things, market flux sucks for large runs

Add more RP events. Karaoke was the shit. 

Why do splints, broken legs and the associated talents exist? The only way you're gonna get a broken leg is by getting run over by your friend which happens less often than the system is worth (and is annoying as fuck) or VDMed, and the latter only puts the victims of VDM at an even more disadvantage.

You also have to waste a talent point on having your legs less likely to be broken to be able to wake up in hospital, and the talent spams you with "Someone less hardy could have been seriously injured!" even after your legs are broken.

Toxicc, Bustah, Twinkie and 1 other like this

Collecting salt water is sooo pointless no clue what the use is in it.

Evidence locker could be improved if rare vehicles or expensive vehicles spawned from it E:G 50 cal, armed quilin, ifrit.

Just something for the "holy fuck we got a *****"

Other then yeah there's 5 MK's in here 

Robin likes this