APD Promotion System

10 hours ago, Samperino said:

First of all maybe you can explain the whole situation and put yourself in the shoes of the officer at the time (welcome to 90% of IAs). 

Second of all, how on earth could you possibly know whether or not I personally did something about it?

So you know that situations can get out of hand. You also know that if you feel you were wronged that you are to file an Internal Affairs report. You know that walking up to an officer in game and bitching about something isn’t going to achieve your desired outcome.

Yes something was “done about it.”

I mean when it’s repeatedly happening and I see you there, id think you’d take action while it’s happening instead of letting it happen then dealing w it later... sorry brother I don’t record anymore and I’m not petty enough to make a IA but that’s mainly on me so I’ll give you that, but as for the officers shoes part, if you feel the need to go lethal on a bunch of fresh spawns w rooks then uhhhh aye that’s you I guess, but walking up to an officer in game and bitching, fuck I’d expect anyone sgt+ to handle a situation instead of letting it happen, especially the Chief... I mean even after I told

you that I still got lethaled:shrug:

the only thing threatening about higher ups are all the dick suckers who log on cop when they see them on other then that there all useless and really suck at the game. half the time they just snipe until someone else kills a bunch of ppl then they go in to take the bounties and try to tell people what to do

Edited by bunni
Rodrigo likes this
On 7/1/2019 at 9:09 PM, Lucien said:

If I remember correctly Olympus has a police rank for admins that is a mix of corp and sgt or something. Not sure if that's still a thing on their but a similar system on here might be interesting instead of 2nd LT

on olympus admins get auto corp maybe admin sgt if they are senior admin and they have to follow all the same rules as anyone else on cop. 

How sad is it that this is the 400th time this topic has been brought up and will be the 400th time the COP will make up some bullshit as to why he cant make it better?  Promotions have always been the same... 

The moment a command member shows they cannot be unbiased and  punish someone they don't like because of gang and/or personal bullshit they should be demoted for corruption of power. 

On 7/3/2019 at 1:51 AM, Samperino said:

So you know that situations can get out of hand. You also know that if you feel you were wronged that you are to file an Internal Affairs report. You know that walking up to an officer in game and bitching about something isn’t going to achieve your desired outcome.

Action taken is the biggest meme in the APD.  Command should be expected to be held more accountable, but lets be real that has never been the case and I don't see it at this point being the case.  I watched a LT use his power to unlock doors to check crates and shit to determine if he was going to raid or not....  Dude never even got a talking to.  Durga literally did/probably still does whatever he wants.  Subaru once gave me points for following the guidebook to a T (lol), then threatened to give me more/ban me for taking it to the captains to appeal.    

On 7/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, Samperino said:

The upper end of the APD is too powerful, and the lower end of the APD is not powerful enough. There is a big balance discrepancy. If there are a crew of Constables/Corporals on, a gang can usually pretty easily take them on. Throw a Lieutenant or two, maybe a Captain into the mix and that's when things start to get spicy and the complaints start rollng in.

That's because they're doing dumb shit... Such as lethaling "because I can". The only perk LTs/Captains really have over the lowers is the armor, which they refuse to pull most of the time.  As a retired Sgt with 13 hunters, I pulled and lost more than any Sgt+ that I played with over the times that I have played. Someone who cant even buy them anymore, and once it is lost its gone. Think about that for a moment.

I have watched people go from constable to LT in a matter of 3 months because they were in the captains gang while people who were Sgts for 12+ months continually got ignored.  These guys didnt even know or understand the guidebook most times.  Didn't even bother learning all the finer points until they had to start punishing people, if at all.  

Command needs to stop with the bullshit cop outs when it comes to promotions.  "I don't know you because we don't play together" or similar jargon. It is a promoter problem not a promotee problem.  You need to reach out to them and spend time with them, not vice versa.  We all know the moment someone seeks someone out if they're not friends y'all are just gonna say their knee padding and go hide in you private channels.  If you cant be assed to go spend some time with someone who is applying and only promote your gang because its easier or you play together more then you don't belong in that position.

Maaqs, TRYHARD, Judg3 and 5 others like this

I haven't actively played in around 3 months, but, the APD promotion system isn't flawed in its functioning, only in the people it promotes.

I'm not going to name anyone, as I don't really give 2 shits anymore.  

The issue I see in higher-ups is maturity. Most people that dont get promoted because of "immaturity" are probably more mature than the higher-up that gave them feedback. 
I can guarantee you that probably half of the APD higher-ups have been recorded saying either racist shit and most definitely homophobic shit (not saying they're either of those things, but they definitely dont take themselves as seriously as they do lower ranks, which is very fucking hypocritical). You can also notice the maturity differences when you play with some of these higher-ups. There are some higher-ups that get away with paint balling other officers while also giving out points or warnings for paintballing. There are higher-ups who swear at civilians and then yell at lower ranks for doing so. Now, I could list other things but I dont care that much to do so. 

If I were to recommend one thing, it would be for higher-ups to grow a pair and loosen up when it comes to promoting people. Yes, this is coming from the 8x Sergeant Applicant. I made my mistakes but I honestly can't care less about the shit i've done in-game. BECAUSE ITS A GAME. Many of the flaws when it comes to promoting people is that the standards are way too strict for say a corporal, but not a Sergeant or higher. Now, there are certain privileges granted as you get promoted, but none of those should be able to go full imbecile and be able to act like an idiot while also denying applicants for the same shit you do. The Captains are only 3 people, no matter how much they say they're trying to crack down on this misbehavior, it wont happen in my opinion, because its a game. I think the APD should be more lenient in the way they promote people, and not hold people to petty mistakes they have made, because it is again, a game. Just make sure people can still have fun while playing their part. Just be honest with people in their feedback, and try to not beat around the bush with them. The Sergeants and Lieutenants also should be more mindful of their behavior before they even think about demonizing a lower rank for their behavior. 

This is just my 2 cents, and I've heard that the APD has improved a bit, but, the same higher-ups from back when I was a corporal are still here, many of which (but not all), aren't as mature as their rank requires.

Another Note: As long as there are immature higher-ups, there will be many more immature people being promoted and actual good people getting ignored for petty shit, so the Captains should start cracking down a bit. 

Edited by Dick Romney
HotWings likes this
21 minutes ago, The Official Shadow said:

Corporal and SGT applications should be accepted or denied based on a lack of disciplinary points and what they include in a detailed application. Constables that don't like to roll in groups of 20 just to kneepad the higher ups should not be punished the way they are with the current system.

Lack of disciplinary points and the ability to bullshit an application /= good officer  

Spanky2060 likes this
On 7/7/2019 at 4:12 PM, •ÐŠ• Randy said:

I didn't really take it seriously because every interaction I've had with you while you were on cop you act exactly the way you're complain in about. 

That's weird because I was NEVER in the position to do those things that are being complained about, except for maybe voting for corporal, and I never voted not because I didn't know someone, I would pass so my vote didn't count against them. 

However your gang was all about the things being complained about :shrug: Except Billy, Billy was always cool as fuck