Fixing the "Get into APD" Process

Alright, first of all I just wanna say that I know you guys are doing your best and I greatly appreciate that. This is no way shape or form an attack, I just want to tell you guys about me trying to get into the APD and how you could maybe make it easier on yourselves and the applicants.

Starting off:

Luckily for me, I play on Asylum every now and then so the perk points weren't an issue for me.
I didn't know you could be a part of the APD if you were younger than 17(because the signs at the gun stores said strictly 17+), so I waited a few years to even try joining.

Filling out the application:

-VERY self explanatory, easy, and to the point

Getting approved:

-I was given 2 links of content to read, and an expired discord invite. It still was no issue for me as most of the stuff was pretty much common sense.

Interview:

Okay so here is my biggest problem. 
- I went into the whitelist applicants channel and waited, and waited, and waited. I was there for around 5-6 hours before someone showed up. I was kicked from the teamspeak quite a few times for the idle limit thing. Then, someone showed up. To be honest with you, by that time I forgot ALOT of the stuff I read. I know I could've asked for a few minutes to revise, but I didn't because I knew the LT had JUST gotten on and I didn't want to waste his time. I also might've been a little over confident because I though I read everything through and through pretty well.

- So I was asked some questions about the 2 websites I was linked. I messed up on answering one of the main ones and was told to redo the interview in 24 hours. So there I was 24 hours later. Waiting another 5 or so hours and still nothing.  

How to possibly fix this:
 Like I said, this isn't any form of attack on you guys. I absolutely love asylum and its community and that is exactly the reason I keep coming back to it. 

- My question to you guys is "Does it really have to be a LT that does the interviews?". Cant Admins or people with around the same rank as LT do it?
It takes around 20 minutes to write up a form of "how to interview someone".... I know this because I had to write up quite a few. This would help not only all the applicants, but also the LTs aswell.

- The 24 hour till next interview if you fail system. I mean... come on it doesn't have to be exactly 24 hours does it? I didn't join any earlier, because I didn't want to bother someone only for them to tell me to come back once I have reached my 24 hour mark.... It could simply be something like "Come back the next day or next weekend".

I wrote this up because I heard of quite a few people having the same issue as me when it comes to wait times. Ive spoken to a few people who no longer wanted to be cops because they didn't have the time to go through the processes. 

To wrap this up, I just want to say that I appreciate all the work you guys do keeping everything together. I also want to thank you guys for making a fun and active community that is friendly to each other (most of the time). You guys are absolutely awesome and I know about the amount of work that you guys put into this community day in and day out. 

Im sorry if anyone misunderstands this post and take it the wrong way, it isn't my intention and never will be.

Lightbulb and Walt like this

Some valid points you bring to the table... a lot of the waiting time is with reason.

1.) if you pump the interviews through and gain a shit ton of cadets, then you’re flooding a limited amount of officers with a shit ton of cadets to train.

2.) it’s an activity for Lts.  So they have a certain goal of activities required per month, so, if you’re in TS waiting mid to late month, good luck.  Aim for the very beginning of a new month.

Bandit, Fried Rice, Dan. and 2 others like this

Don’t bother sitting in there unless an LT is on. While you were waiting maybe you should’ve kept reading the guidebook. We can’t have people forgetting what they read while in game, but considering cadets have to be with a constable, I think they should be given more leniency on there interviews. They will learn with experience and with the help of good constables such as @Batcan and @Aslan

Aslan likes this
44 minutes ago, Jake said:

Overall I am 50/50 on the matter, as I know it CAN and hectic dealing with everything an LT has on their plate, however compared to the past? LT’s need to step up their game, just my two cents

I agree nothing worst than a bare minimum inactive LT taking up a slot.  

BlackShot, {-M-} and Walt like this
9 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Some valid points you bring to the table... a lot of the waiting time is with reason.

1.) if you pump the interviews through and gain a shit ton of cadets, then you’re flooding a limited amount of officers with a shit ton of cadets to train.

2.) it’s an activity for Lts.  So they have a certain goal of activities required per month, so, if you’re in TS waiting mid to late month, good luck.  Aim for the very beginning of a new month.

1.) If you don't want a lot of cadets then increase the requirements. I personally don't see a point in getting the cadet's hopes up only to have to be waiting hours on end so they purposely don't get accepted. Doing that is pretty cruel.
You could also shut off the APD applications and have them open like the first 2 weeks of the month or something to limit the amount of cadets.
2.) It IS the beginning of a new month.....

11 hours ago, Wolfyyy said:

Alright, first of all I just wanna say that I know you guys are doing your best and I greatly appreciate that. This is no way shape or form an attack, I just want to tell you guys about me trying to get into the APD and how you could maybe make it easier on yourselves and the applicants.

Starting off:

Luckily for me, I play on Asylum every now and then so the perk points weren't an issue for me.
I didn't know you could be a part of the APD if you were younger than 17(because the signs at the gun stores said strictly 17+), so I waited a few years to even try joining.

Filling out the application:

-VERY self explanatory, easy, and to the point

Getting approved:

-I was given 2 links of content to read, and an expired discord invite. It still was no issue for me as most of the stuff was pretty much common sense.

Interview:

Okay so here is my biggest problem. 
- I went into the whitelist applicants channel and waited, and waited, and waited. I was there for around 5-6 hours before someone showed up. I was kicked from the teamspeak quite a few times for the idle limit thing. Then, someone showed up. To be honest with you, by that time I forgot ALOT of the stuff I read. I know I could've asked for a few minutes to revise, but I didn't because I knew the LT had JUST gotten on and I didn't want to waste his time. I also might've been a little over confident because I though I read everything through and through pretty well.

- So I was asked some questions about the 2 websites I was linked. I messed up on answering one of the main ones and was told to redo the interview in 24 hours. So there I was 24 hours later. Waiting another 5 or so hours and still nothing.  

How to possibly fix this:
 Like I said, this isn't any form of attack on you guys. I absolutely love asylum and its community and that is exactly the reason I keep coming back to it. 

- My question to you guys is "Does it really have to be a LT that does the interviews?". Cant Admins or people with around the same rank as LT do it?
It takes around 20 minutes to write up a form of "how to interview someone".... I know this because I had to write up quite a few. This would help not only all the applicants, but also the LTs aswell.

- The 24 hour till next interview if you fail system. I mean... come on it doesn't have to be exactly 24 hours does it? I didn't join any earlier, because I didn't want to bother someone only for them to tell me to come back once I have reached my 24 hour mark.... It could simply be something like "Come back the next day or next weekend".

I wrote this up because I heard of quite a few people having the same issue as me when it comes to wait times. Ive spoken to a few people who no longer wanted to be cops because they didn't have the time to go through the processes. 

To wrap this up, I just want to say that I appreciate all the work you guys do keeping everything together. I also want to thank you guys for making a fun and active community that is friendly to each other (most of the time). You guys are absolutely awesome and I know about the amount of work that you guys put into this community day in and day out. 

Im sorry if anyone misunderstands this post and take it the wrong way, it isn't my intention and never will be.

Unfortunately the process obviously isn't perfect but a couple ways to bypass a few of the issues you have are to wait until the weekend on 3pm - 10pm EST is when a shit ton of the NA higher ups are on and make sure you try and avoid the 1 hour timer by either unmuting and remuting your mic/sound w/e just interact with TS to reset your idle timer... usually LTs go for the people with the highest connection timer first in my experience.