Below are some of my ideas for new jobs, ways to implement and balance them, and a few buffs to existing jobs. These of course are subject to change. 

- Metal Detecting

Uses existing coins, jewels, treasure, existing gathering mechanics, shovels, and maybe mine detectors or other items as the metal detector. Uses within city limits for low yield, beaches for medium yield, and castles/ruins for high yield. There is also the approach of using tones like from a metal detector to locate better spots. I think 5k per 10 mins for low yield, 7.5k per 10 mins for medium yield, 15k per 10 mins for high yield, and 1.5k for the metal detector would be balanced and not strictly better than anything. Also a few other ideas related to this. 

• Buff fishing to sometimes yield turtles and treasure 
  • Buff turtles to roughly 2k per this would put it on par with cocaine where it should be for an illegal activity as currently it earns about 30k per 30 minutes which is as much as selling phosphorus while being illegal

- Stock Market

Uses an app in your phone that is linked to a real website like the old weather app that has stocks listed with the names of the stocks changed in game. Or create your own system. I do think it would be interesting if people had to learn about the real stock market to profit from the app however. This might need limiting mechanics.   

- Indoor Marijuana Growing

Uses existing scotch aging mechanics. Reaches maturity in one restart. Add seeds to drug dealer. A full container of whatever it is grown in is worth 10k.

Please leave your thoughts in the comments. - Taylor Goldberg

2 minutes ago, TaylorSwift said:

- Stock Market

hes for medium yield, and castles/ruins for high yield. There is also the approach of using tones like from a metal detector to locate better spots. I think 5k per 10 mins for low yield, 7.5k per 10 mins for medium yield, 15k per 10 mins for high yield, and 1.5k for the metal detector would be balanced and not strictly better than anything. Also a few other ideas related to this. 

Uses an app in your phone that is linked to a real website like the old weather app that has stocks listed with the names of the stocks changed in game. Or create your own system. I do think it would be interesting if people had to learn about the real stock market to profit from the app however. This might need limiting mechanics.   

I would love something like this but it would probably be buggy as hell and easy to exploit