My Asylum experience (POLL)

Should cops be allowed to send straight to jail during a fight at the prison?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should cops be allowed to send straight to jail during a fight at the prison?

• Yes keep it the way it is
    • No wheres the role play
    • Yes but after combat is over

HAHA i cant believe one of the choices is "where is the Roleplay"  thats rich as fuck.

You guys kill me with these jokes.

> Do a prison and expect an amazing battle

> The fuck with roleplay LOL

> Get rushed by every cop on the server

> Fumble badly

> Get caught

> Get sent to jail

> GOTO FORUMS " HALP THERE MUST BE ROLEPLAY ON SERVER "

> Get flamed 

If you want roleplay, create roleplay.  Don't get mad in a combat scenario when the EXACT opposite happens when it should.

Roice, HomeTrlx, WardonkeY and 4 others like this
1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

HAHA i cant believe one of the choices is "where is the Roleplay"  thats rich as fuck.

> Fumble badly

> Get caught

> Get sent to jail

> Get flamed 

If you want roleplay, create roleplay.  Don't get mad in a combat scenario when the EXACT opposite happens when it should.

Seems to me like the majority of the server disagrees with you, with a large portion of it being career cops.

14 hours ago, Donald Clinton said:

Seems to me like the majority of the server disagrees with you, with a large portion of it being career cops.

The "majority of the server" isn't on the forums. The majority of the server plays the game and what happens, happens. The ones who have issues are naturally going to be the loudest, creating the illusion of a majority. Those who are happy or content rarely state that they are so. They have nothing they to complain about.

That being said, points can be made for both sides and there needs to be a balance. I said this in Discord, but aside from the $10,000 Prison Conspiring charge that you get for initiating a prison break, there is no other consequence. There's no gold bars, no money. You're breaking people out of prison, so there needs to be an increased risk (consequence) for doing so.

Now, onto my personal opinion here:

If you want to fight cops, go find them and fight them. The prison break these days are used to funnel cops into one area as a shooting gallery. Rarely do I even see anyone in the actual prison waiting to be broken out.

WolfLeader, McMuffin and Bazzajack like this
30 minutes ago, Samperino said:

The "majority of the server" isn't on the forums. The majority of the server plays the game and what happens, happens. The ones who have issues are naturally going to be the loudest, creating the illusion of a majority. Those who are happy or content rarely state that they are so. They have nothing they to complain about.

That being said, points can be made for both sides and there needs to be a balance. I said this in Discord, but aside from the $10,000 Prison Conspiring charge that you get for initiating a prison break, there is no other consequence. There's no gold bars, no money. You're breaking people out of prison, so there needs to be an increased risk (consequence) for doing so.

Now, onto my personal opinion here:

If you want to fight cops, go find them and fight them. The prison break these days are used to funnel cops into one area as a shooting gallery. Rarely do I even see anyone in the actual prison waiting to be broken out.

I agree that rebels use prison to fight cops, but that’s because there is almost nothing else to do on the server. I’m not going to spend hours grinding when I could work for $7.50 an hour. We aren’t complaining about the balance or anything and it’s not about winning the actual prison, it’s about fun. We shouldn’t have to sit in jail for 45 minutes because we wanted to fight cops for 10. Rather roleplay my way to a half ticket, pay it, and regear. We may see change in v2 with people fighting cartels. It’s not about winning the prison otherwise we’d camp hq and mow down cops with po7s as they spawn in. 

30 minutes ago, Batcan said:

I agree that rebels use prison to fight cops, but that’s because there is almost nothing else to do on the server. I’m not going to spend hours grinding when I could work for $7.50 an hour. We aren’t complaining about the balance or anything and it’s not about winning the actual prison, it’s about fun. We shouldn’t have to sit in jail for 45 minutes because we wanted to fight cops for 10. Rather roleplay my way to a half ticket, pay it, and regear. We may see change in v2 with people fighting cartels. It’s not about winning the prison otherwise we’d camp hq and mow down cops with po7s as they spawn in. 

This isn't wasteland though. You're not supposed to be able to respawn instantly  after getting caught by the cops. This is Altis Life where there are consequences for your (criminal) actions.

Also you're somewhat hitting the nail on the head when you say that there's almost nothing to do on the server. I feel like some of this has to do with burnout, though. If you look at all the features Asylum has, there's actually a lot to do. When you have a lot of money, a lot of those activities are useless to you and Asylum becomes a wasteland server.

I think the moral of the story here is that we should wait until V2 before we open up more dialogue. We're arguing over how this current version is, and that's not healthy. It's going to suck for a small while, but hang in there.

23 hours ago, Clint Beastwood said:

> Fumble badly

> Get caught

> Get sent to jail

> Get flamed 

Gnashes looking ass

Edited by ABADPLAYER
Donald, EthanS and Gagss like this
On 7/9/2019 at 12:28 AM, Samperino said:

Agreed. Thinking something along the lines of allowing the sending of suspects straight to jail if they meet the following criteria:

• Seen assisting in a recent active prison break

• Must be brought back to HQ to send to jail

• Suspect must be searched, charged, have their illegal items be seized, have their charges read to them, and be told why they are being sent straight to jail, before actually being sent to jail

Just an idea, and certainly not something I'd like to mess with personally until V2.

so a phat never cus V2 release date is a meme

#freePizzaMan

Donald likes this

Rebels asking for an easier time at prison breaks. I thought I'd seen everything.

Rebels already have enough advantages given to them through APD policies.

• Can't seize vehicles in combat.
  • Can't drive rebel vehicles.
  • Removed HVT.
  • Forced to roleplay with you while your friends charge the HQ.
  • 2 Life maximum at any red zone.
  • Can't touch Cartels without a warrant track / APB. Even then only when it's not contested.
  • Can't go to rebel air drops without a warrant track / APB.
  • Not allowed to be in Donor Town (Theresia) for more than a few minutes.
  • Can't use warning shots outside of HQs.

Brag about killing cops all day, your asses playing on story mode difficulty.

Don't even get me started on the game mechanic advantages.

I don't get it.

You guys start prisons with the goal of killing the same cop over 10 times (in most prisons) and to break out your friend. And complain after you overstay your visit and get caught. 

I don't like the fact that you guys have to be sent straight to prison, but you clearly go in there knowing what the risks are. So don't complain about the consequences when you already knew you would be facing them in the first place. 

Now my only idea would be for the officer to be required to give you a full, or half ticket (depending on if you came many minutes after the prison was over) before sending you. Most of the time, at least for me, I dont send those people to prison. So, dont be toxic and maybe they'll process you. 

7 minutes ago, Dick Romney said:

So, dont be toxic and maybe they'll process you. 

We were not being toxic I said "fucking assholes" right before they sent me cause I thought it was bullshit we were in the middle of a fight with them and that gave me no chance to even try to get a ticket or continue fighting. Just like Clint said "If you want roleplay, create roleplay." now how the hell am I going to do that without even being processed plus the prison was not over it was around the 9 minute mark and yeah we are trash but we enjoy fighting we also enjoy not sitting for 45 mins in jail because we don't have the chance to get a ticket or even try to escape from custody.

EthanS likes this
Just now, Gagss said:

We were not being toxic I said "fucking assholes" right before they sent me cause I thought it was bullshit we were in the middle of a fight with them and that gave me no chance to even try to get a ticket or continue fighting. Just like Clint said "If you want roleplay, create roleplay." now how the hell am I going to do that without even being processed plus the prison was not over it was around the 9 minute mark and yeah we are trash but we enjoy fighting we also enjoy not sitting for 45 mins in jail because we don't have the chance to get a ticket or even try to escape from custody.

Then dont do the prison. This issue has been addressed multiple times. Maybe its time to rethink the skill live required to do a prison successfully. Maybe Banks and Feds are more suited for your type of play style. Prison may be the "endgame" of asylum. 

I feel like everyone is missing the fucking point that the cops sent people straight to jail in the middle of combat.  I could careless if we got caught.  I would rather be processed or given the chance to get taken back from the cops.  They "combat jailed" because of the money

Just now, ItsFevver said:

I feel like everyone is missing the fucking point that the cops sent people straight to jail in the middle of combat.  I could careless if we got caught.  I would rather be processed or given the chance to get taken back from the cops.  They "combat jailed" because of the money

You're missing your own point. Which is: " I don't want to be sent to prison for the charge." None of the other straight to jail charges say "Straight to jail, except when X, Y, and Z."

Sorry dude, its Straight to Jail, not Straight to jail AFTER combat. 

Just now, Dick Romney said:

You're missing your own point. Which is: " I don't want to be sent to prison for the charge." None of the other straight to jail charges say "Straight to jail, except when X, Y, and Z."

Sorry dude, its Straight to Jail, not Straight to jail AFTER combat. 

I could care fucking less if I went to jail. Hell I went to jail and they never cancelled the prison break so I was able to leave.  Its the fact that they are money hungry so they sent while fighting its like sending someone to jail during a bank if they could at the bank.  

3 minutes ago, ItsFevver said:

I could care fucking less if I went to jail. Hell I went to jail and they never cancelled the prison break so I was able to leave.  Its the fact that they are money hungry so they sent while fighting its like sending someone to jail during a bank if they could at the bank.  

1. There are various other reasons to send someone in jail during combat, such as not wanting you in combat. 
2. You're assuming they're money hungry
3. You're at a police facility, a prison, where there are various amount of resources available (in a real life sense) such as jail cells, security, and more. Of course they should be able to send you to prison inside, you know, a Prison. The Bank is a completely different scenario where a lot of RP can be had. 

Edited by Dick Romney
Just now, Dick Romney said:

1. There are various other reasons to send someone in jail during combat, such as not wanting you in combat. 
2. You're assuming they're money hungry
3. You're at a police facility, a prison, where there are various amount of resources available (in a real life sense) such as jail cells, security, and more. Of course they should be able to send you to prison inside a fucking Prison. The Bank is a completely different scenario where a lot of RP can be had. 

1. Yea sure. Go ahead and get me out or down everyone like a normal cop would do. Or atleast someone with fingers and an MX

2. He had a 169k bounty and without reading him his charges they sent him. Tell me knowing damn well how people work on here they arent money hungry

3. First its a light rp server no need to get realistic. Im not doubting the fact that there is and should be a way to send people straight to jail at prison. Just dont send people straight to jail for one in combat or 2 without reading them their charges.  Reading charges is literally a number one thing before doing anything else. Im sure you've forgotten which is probably the reason you never did or never will make Sgt.

3 minutes ago, Dick Romney said:

Then dont do the prison. This issue has been addressed multiple times. Maybe its time to rethink the skill live required to do a prison successfully. Maybe Banks and Feds are more suited for your type of play style. Prison may be the "endgame" of asylum. 

we have said in this arguement many times already I don't think you understand it,that we are not complaining the we were sent its the way they went about, what ever happened to even reading our charges before sending us to jail

Just now, ABADPLAYER said:

we have said in this arguement many times already I don't think you understand it,that we are not complaining the we were sent its the way they went about, what ever happened to even reading our charges before sending us to jail

You think your other chargers even matter if its a straight to jail charge? Straight to jail means straight to jail. Not Straight to jail after reading all of your charges. I'd only identify the charge that makes you eligible to go to prison.