Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mitch (IFRIT)

Cartel Poll for V2

Cartels  

172 members have voted

  1. 1. Cartel capture

    • show contented if someone is actually there contesting it. AKA if someone goes to just tap it, they have to remain there in order for it to show contested.
      154
    • show contented if someone is actually there contesting it. AKA if someone goes to just tap it, they have to remain there in order for it to show contested. Same as above, but runs on a 15 minute check.
      10
    • it will not check to see if someone is there and continue to allow cartels to be "Tapped" without remaining there. (Currently how it is)
      8


Recommended Posts

Hey all,

 

This is a simple one. 

 

Cartels on the map will be displayed as  

Not Contested: Arms Dealer - MyGangName
Contested: Arms Dealer - MyGangName - (Contested)

 

We have an option here where it can be made to show contented if someone is actually there contesting it. AKA if someone goes to just tap it, they have to remain there in order for it to show contested. 

 

We have an option here where it can be made to show contented if someone is actually there contesting it. AKA if someone goes to just tap it, they have to remain there in order for it to show contested. Same as above, but runs on a 15 minute check. 


Final option, it will not check to see if someone is there and continue to allow cartels to be "Tapped" without remaining there. (Currently how it is) 

eRr0r : n0 UnIT likes this

Share this post


Link to post

Can it also be fixed you NEED an illegal firearm and rebel license to contest a cartel other than a SDAR? I’ve seen BHs and pistol bangers contest a cartel I’m capping because they have a gun. They can’t capture it themselves, but they can prevent me from continuing my capture

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Can it also be fixed you NEED an illegal firearm and rebel license to contest a cartel other than a SDAR? I’ve seen BHs and pistol bangers contest a cartel I’m capping because they have a gun. They can’t capture it themselves, but they can prevent me from continuing my capture

Done. To now even be considered you have to have the rebel talent and a license(training) from rebel

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hey all,

 

This is a simple one. 

 

Cartels on the map will be displayed as  

Not Contested: Arms Dealer - MyGangName
Contested: Arms Dealer - MyGangName - (Contested)

 

We have an option here where it can be made to show contented if someone is actually there contesting it. AKA if someone goes to just tap it, they have to remain there in order for it to show contested. 

 

We have an option here where it can be made to show contented if someone is actually there contesting it. AKA if someone goes to just tap it, they have to remain there in order for it to show contested. Same as above, but runs on a 15 minute check. 


Final option, it will not check to see if someone is there and continue to allow cartels to be "Tapped" without remaining there. (Currently how it is) 

Ok, what if we used a different word so it could be a few ways for player convenience.

Ex. with Gang Name - Donut Cartel:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Active) [1-99% cap]

Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Inactive) [0-100% cap]

Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Contested) [1-99% cap]

[Optional] Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Owned) [100% cap]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This way, players know what's going on for player feedback.

  • Firstly, you know what gang currently owns, or is winning the cap. Whatever gang is on the positive percentage of the cap has their gang name on the map always.
  • Secondly, (Active) notes whether or not there any ANY players within the circle (with a illegal firearm & rebel license, up to change though). This will always display active if the players are in the circle meeting criteria whether in the winning gang or not.
  • Third, (Inactive) of course marks that there is a winning gang on the cap, but there are no players meeting rebel license/firearm critera (or just any players at all depending on dev choice) inside the cap.
  • Fourth point, (Contested) means there are at least 1 player in a gang/firearm meeting criteria, attempting to capture, and another 1 player from opposing gang in cap as well. More information so you know when there are enemies around specifically, and to give more player feedback for an evolving fight.
  • Fifth point, but optional. (Owned) displays for two reasons, when a gang has fully capped a cartel whether in a fight or not, this overrides other statuses, and the cooldown for Cartel capping begins. It also display owned if nobody is around, and the Cartel is waiting to be capped.

I don't see any flaws with this currently at 11:53PM at night making this post, but it sounds great to me on paper. It also gives more feedback for cops/captains to understand when they can try and track a fugitive to a cartel, or whether or not active pursuit is a good idea. Could be great for policies to not allow active pursuit if it's (Contested) as you'd be interfering in a gang war outside normal territories so cops don't mess with Gang vs Gang activities in an unhealthy manner.

Would be glad to hear anyone's feedback.

Too complex maybe?

Edited by Dust Runner

Share this post


Link to post
con·tent·ed
/kənˈten(t)əd/
adjective
  1. happy and at ease.
    "I felt warm and contented"
    • willing to accept something; satisfied.
      "I was never contented with half measures"
      synonyms: content, satisfied, pleased

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, wollie35 said:

can we see which 2 people voted for a yes on tapping cartels. Just curious

Probably some kavala rats

Share this post


Link to post

Make it so you need rebel license and talent along with an illegal firearm.

Up the cool down between capping so no plebs just troll it and you get at least 30 minutes benefit before someone can cap it again.

Regardless if you make it that they have to stay in the cap for X amount of time to contest it trolls will be trolls so i say just leave it as is. We get notified anyway when its contested but in saying that, change can always be good so.

Remove Wongs all the way up north because its completely useless and its basically just a afk cap right now for those who do scotch.

Remove the oil rig being a cartel because its completely useless and just stops people from doing oil. Leave the cartel at DP11 and also make it so you get rubber from owning oil which would go into the fridge at the cartel.

Maybe add a system where you can use infamy to buy shit at rebel? Limit it to guns, etc and not vests, speed bombs. Thoughts? 

My 2c. 

@Jesse @Clint Beastwood @Mitch (IFRIT)

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy

Share this post


Link to post

I don't fight cartels but making them stay in cap to contest it rather than cap it down a bit then spread out 200 meters from the cap sounds like a good idea. Off topic @Mitch (IFRIT) but do u think you can fix not being able to remove blindfolds when you get unrestrained? I noticed there's a blindfold in the upcoming dlc so maybe that will fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Dust Runner said:

Ok, what if we used a different word so it could be a few ways for player convenience.

Ex. with Gang Name - Donut Cartel:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Active) [1-99% cap]

Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Inactive) [0-100% cap]

Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Contested) [1-99% cap]

[Optional] Drug Cartel - Donut Cartel (Owned) [100% cap]

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This way, players know what's going on for player feedback.

  • Firstly, you know what gang currently owns, or is winning the cap. Whatever gang is on the positive percentage of the cap has their gang name on the map always.
  • Secondly, (Active) notes whether or not there any ANY players within the circle (with a illegal firearm & rebel license, up to change though). This will always display active if the players are in the circle meeting criteria whether in the winning gang or not.
  • Third, (Inactive) of course marks that there is a winning gang on the cap, but there are no players meeting rebel license/firearm critera (or just any players at all depending on dev choice) inside the cap.
  • Fourth point, (Contested) means there are at least 1 player in a gang/firearm meeting criteria, attempting to capture, and another 1 player from opposing gang in cap as well. More information so you know when there are enemies around specifically, and to give more player feedback for an evolving fight.
  • Fifth point, but optional. (Owned) displays for two reasons, when a gang has fully capped a cartel whether in a fight or not, this overrides other statuses, and the cooldown for Cartel capping begins. It also display owned if nobody is around, and the Cartel is waiting to be capped.

I don't see any flaws with this currently at 11:53PM at night making this post, but it sounds great to me on paper. It also gives more feedback for cops/captains to understand when they can try and track a fugitive to a cartel, or whether or not active pursuit is a good idea. Could be great for policies to not allow active pursuit if it's (Contested) as you'd be interfering in a gang war outside normal territories so cops don't mess with Gang vs Gang activities in an unhealthy manner.

Would be glad to hear anyone's feedback.

Too complex maybe?

That's a lot of potential updating to the marker and check wise it's a bit heavy. I made it so it's pretty instant to show contested or not. If someone is capping it whether up or down it shows contested. If they go off it, it displays the owner of the cartel and doesn't display contested. 

DankBud likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2019 at 3:39 PM, Jesse said:

That's a lot of potential updating to the marker and check wise it's a bit heavy. I made it so it's pretty instant to show contested or not. If someone is capping it whether up or down it shows contested. If they go off it, it displays the owner of the cartel and doesn't display contested. 

Props to you for even reading all that shit 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...