Samperino

Role Play on the APD

5 minutes ago, Samperino said:

3 years ago, "people doing what they are doing now", would laugh at you for complaining about it.

Youre obviously having a stroke or thinking of a different community because you couldnt be further away from the truth.

6 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Ah, you know exactly what the outcome of the action taken was. Gotcha.

:kermit:

7 minutes ago, Samperino said:

No, you just pretend that you know the outcome, and then whine when you don't get what you want.

Im saying you're veering away from the problem not the outcome. Ive an issue with how things are approached with regards to higher ups.

10 minutes ago, Samperino said:

Cool story. Where's the report? Obviously it didn't matter to the person if there was no report made.

I'm trying my best here, but you're not giving me much to work with unfortunately.

Would you believe if i said he cant record because he drops FPS? Prob not, but besides the point.

(This is a very stereotypical answer but its the truth)

You've been given plenty to work with, not just from me either. Issues have been brought up, reported, acknowledged by fellow higher ups and still it seems you throw it on the back burner.

11 minutes ago, Samperino said:

You're right. I've been here since 2014.

h9nBgNG.png

Let's at least try to stay on topic.

Since you have been here since 2014, what about removing the straight to jail charge? As the respected Admin and Chief Of Police you are I hope you will do what is best for the servers.

As that is 100 % the easiest way to increase RP. Since 90 % of the rebels these days have that charge.

eazy:(, Chow Mein, Innate and 5 others like this

8 hours ago, Samperino said:

Cool story. Where's the report? Obviously it didn't matter to the person if there was no report made.

I'm trying my best here, but you're not giving me much to work with unfortunately.

there is no point reporting a CPT cause nothing will happend

i texted Codie and asked why he just unrestrain me and lethal me he texted me back and said i didnt fell like dealing with you o_O 

Just now, Innate said:

Quality thread here that resulted in the Captains having an extremely in depth discussion about the charge and are waiting until V2 to potentially move forward with any changes.

FTFY

Just now, Zaka said:

there is no point reporting a CPT

With that attitude, at that point, it's your problem not mine.

Tyler and Chow Mein like this

10 minutes ago, Rodrigo said:

Since you have been here since 2014, what about removing the straight to jail charge? As the respected Admin and Chief Of Police you are I hope you will do what is best for the servers.

As that is 100 % the easiest way to increase RP. Since 90 % of the rebels these days have that charge.

last time i spent 30 min of role playing with cops then they just send me to jail cuz i had the Prison Conspiring charge. 

Tyler likes this

11 hours ago, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Bit late but a start atleast. I'll believe it when i see some action taken.

I 2nd seans opinion here, only statistics will tell if APD are really focusing on improving Role play for civilians.

• Statistics about how many people got points
  • What for

Example 

40 points were handed out in the month of january

10 points which were server related bans

15 points which are for Failure to rolplay

so on and so on

minibagge likes this

I couldn't see in a million years some of the people on here complaining/crying actually role play, which is kind of ironic. All they really want to do is go *pew pew* and get small tickets without putting any effort. :shrug:

Rafael, Chow Mein and ColtonB205 like this

How do the captains feel about people who play cop to fight and catch people, and then hand off suspects to people looking to roleplay?

Sometimes I just wanna hop on cop, catch some criminals, and i'm not really feeling the same old tired stories rehashed to me, is there any issue if i'm catching suspects and letting other officers who are more interested in processing deal with them?

kvnnynextdoor likes this

Just now, Boris said:

How do the captains feel about people who play cop to fight and catch people, and then hand off suspects to people looking to roleplay?

Sometimes I just wanna hop on cop, catch some criminals, and i'm not really feeling the same old tired stories rehashed to me, is there any issue if i'm catching suspects and letting other officers who are more interested in processing deal with them?

I'm no captain but I don't see any issues with this. If your not feeling like role playing then you're better off handing the suspect over to an officer who is.

Roice, Lucien and McMuffin like this

My god. What an idea! Why didn't i think of that? (In all seriousness i love rping as a cop but its not fun when ya get shot when trying to rp. I can go like "Sir would you like to talk about your bounty" Then tries to talk and roleplay without being aggressive towards the player. I then get shot by him or his friends. Then i think to myself? Hmmm i could just say APD hands up then if he runs i down him and take him away and can get the money instead of dying trying to be nice and roleplay. There are a ton of factors to this.  It kills my will to play to play not being able to have fun roleplays and such but when i try and rp i just die quicker then guns blazing with minimum rp. As someone who cant even afford the gun scopes and cars at times its a huge pain to see the tiny amount of money i have go even lower. 

9 hours ago, Rodrigo said:

Maybe one day this will get answered

Lucien, Sikorsky and Rodrigo like this

On 7/19/2019 at 8:22 PM, Samperino said:
  • Full, or near full tickets for well thought out role play (explaining charges, etc)
  1. APD officer is a generic brick wall (issues full, or close to full ticket, or is almost like a robot)

I hate this fucking mentality that full or near full ticket = no role-play from the cop.  Sometimes a person will have great role-play as a civilian but be guilty of his/her crimes of fucking over poor innocent people and an officer would be 100% in the right to give full ticket.  In my mind that is rewarding role-play by showing you paid enough attention to see they were guilty.  Whether that was by investigating by watching the acts first hand, interviewing witnesses, questioning the suspect or whatever other methods.  That is role-playing as a COP.  Because those innocent people deserve their justice.  Think about all the stuff the innocent people lost from those crimes.

HOWEVER

There should definitely be a way to reward players that aren't able to or just don't want to pay a full/near full ticket when s/he puts effort into solid role-play.  I haven't put much thought into it but maybe there be an option "Send to jail (Good behavior)" which does some better things that normal people sent to jail won't get.  Like some % reduced time, access to fun mini-games while in jail, pressing plates give a bigger reduction in bail price, maybe they just start out with a % reduced bail price, or any other thing.  I was never too big a fan of the "if they put in effort into role-play reduce their ticket (even if they are 100% guilty)" philosophy.  They should be rewarded in other ways as mentioned previously.  OR just create a better parole/probation system.

Edit:  Also I honestly believe the mentality of auto giving reduced ticket for effort in role-play from the civilian is one of the causes that led to lower role-play.  The reason for that is cause the cop will see the person role-playing (even if low quality role-play) and lose interest because they know they will be shamed, called robocop or whatever if they do reasonably find the suspect deserves a full/near full ticket.  So they figure whats the point in even investigating or interrogating the suspect.

Edited by Destrah
Dust Runner, Jake and Wop like this

19 minutes ago, Destrah said:

That is role-playing as a COP.  Because those innocent people deserve their justice.  Think about all the stuff the innocent people lost from those crimes.

this is a game man. if we actually cared about his type of stuff why should there be the ticketing system for these crimes in the first place when irl people would go to jail

skimancole likes this

Just now, Lucien said:

this is a game man

no shit, hence the 

23 minutes ago, Destrah said:

HOWEVER

There should definitely be a way to reward players that aren't able to or just don't want to pay a full/near full ticket when s/he puts effort into solid role-play.  I haven't put much thought into it but maybe there be an option "Send to jail (Good behavior)" which does some better things that normal people sent to jail won't get.  Like some % reduced time, access to fun mini-games while in jail, pressing plates give a bigger reduction in bail price, maybe they just start out with a % reduced bail price, or any other thing.  I was never too big a fan of the "if they put in effort into role-play reduce their ticket (even if they are 100% guilty)" philosophy.  They should be rewarded in other ways as mentioned previously.  OR just create a better parole/probation system.

"My voice is my primary weapon" is the biggest joke of the apd for sure. I wish it were true even if it makes things hard for cops. Like it says in the handbook. It can test your patience but if you arent up for it just log off or play civ for a while. I wish more people on the apd were there cus they enjoy the roleplay. 

TBH, this rule is only going to be forcing lower ranks to give low tickets in order to not seem like robocops. The majority of the no role-play problem comes from the prison conspiring straight to jail rule. "Officers discretion" is based on whether or not the cop likes you, or if they want money. Remove it and you fix most of the problem. 

Abu Hajaar, Lucien, TRYHARD and 3 others like this

Most of officers would never try to RP no matter what.

I don't even know who's doing the ride alongs to cadets and pass them when they don't even know the general rules of the fucking servers. if you kill a cop once he would give you a full ticket because as you know they are just crying when they get killed [ thx to aleec grotty gangs we can confirm that]  only when LT's online they would RP a little bit more . retired captains are just giving full tickets to anyone they see so cadets and constables would do the same thing. 

" If it's dead its dead"

This thread killed about 25 minutes of downtime at work.  Thanks guys!!

oh, and @Samperino, don’t lower yourself to the swine.  Keep that level head I’ve always admired...

And honestly, this late in the game, who fucking cares about the RP anymore???   Asylum has become basic cops n robbers with a side of TDM...  people only care about the gunplay these days...

Here’s an idea for the APD, Samp.  How bout a New Life Rule that doesn’t pertain to Major Crimes.  So, cops can’t just keep zerging the same group in Kavala or Athira over and over and over until they win...

Silver-Spy, Good Lub and Chow Mein like this

I fully agree with this post for more roleplay. But along with others in this thread, I am not satisfied that I report an LT  and in four weeks have heard nothing back about him paintballing me and another Constable. The command has given me points and I fully deserved them but the lack of respect shown to the enlisted class when we get a reprimand for the same thing that a higher up does constantly (TO ANOTHER OFFICER) is why this post is laughable at best.

Alec-I likes this

5 hours ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

This thread killed about 25 minutes of downtime at work.  Thanks guys!!

oh, and @Samperino, don’t lower yourself to the swine.  Keep that level head I’ve always admired...

And honestly, this late in the game, who fucking cares about the RP anymore???   Asylum has become basic cops n robbers with a side of TDM...  people only care about the gunplay these days...

Here’s an idea for the APD, Samp.  How bout a New Life Rule that doesn’t pertain to Major Crimes.  So, cops can’t just keep zerging the same group in Kavala or Athira over and over and over until they win...

You 100% hit it on the head. The problem is not cop RP (it kinda is but hang on) it is the server direction. 

Cops log on and its bank, fed, prison break, kavala for 20 mins then server reset. repeat. It is cops vs. robbers 24/7. 

The problem is just the server direction. No rules are enforced. There is no punishment for Fail-RP.. too much work to report people etc...

Additionally; no one tells cops that there #1 job is to promote RP in game. You log in as cop and you get maybe 5 minutes of RP and you are then zerging a bank its the same thing every time. 

RP on cop is very hard (not for me) but for most because it requires patience and most cops are children / immature / impatient / misguided / playing cop for the wrong reason. When I log on cop I run with my weapons holstered.. I am NEVER the first one to fire a shot... and it is very discouraging most of the time. "Hands up or die" then I'm shot in the face after one second will happen 9 times out of 10. I will get someone who is actually interested in RPing and talking 10% of the time and it is usually a fun experience for 10 or 15 minutes then its back to the regular crap. 

Unfortunately there are no viable solutions to this (in my opinion) aside from desire to play on the server, which we no longer have. Back in the day when Lirik played (I think 4 or 5 years ago? maybe 3?) we had 4 servers packed at 100/100 during peak hours and you had to log in with a macro... the high desire to play on the server made much better RP because you did not want to get banned, you were there for fun and people wanted to play on the server; that feeling is gone now.

A possible solution would also be to allow cops to not have to respond the the bank/fed/prison breaks. When you have 7 or 8 cops on during peak times why should we have all of them at the bank, then fed / prison. This means that there are no cops in any cities or on highway patrol. This means the civs just rule the cities themselves and the RDM goes rampant and it makes a terrible experience for civs. This means that the 1 or 2 people that are logged on for the first time have a negative experience within their first 1 hour of playing and never come back. It is so important for this server to be new player friendly and unfortunately it is the complete opposite of that. 

Yesterday I logged in on cop, there were 7 other cops on, server 2. I think it was 8 cops and 41 civs when I logged on. All 7 cops were in one channel grouped up doing something in the HWpatrol HQ. Server restarted and we did a briefing in AirHQ. 3 FSA members attacked us during briefing and we killed one and downed another the last one ran. For the entire next hour, the other 7 cops were chasing this one FSA guy to that island in the middle of the map lol; they just kept chasing and dying and chasing and dying. I went to Athira channel alone, patrolled Athira and actually found some decent RP. I found some guy with a 60k bounty and I holstered my weapon and talked to him. He was explaining his charges and during that he told me "i can't believe you are listening to me I never explain my charges because there is usually no point as I just get full ticketed or sent to jail". We had a fun time and I gave him a 10k ticket and for the rest of the server uptime he would see me and say "Yo RonnyB!" and the other civs saw that and didn't RDM and they talked and interacted and Athira was fun for a server cycle. 

What I would do at this point for a quick fix, which would work, is change the cop salary from $155/5min to like $3-5k/5min. Then, make sure they understand their number one job is to promote role play and also make Fed/Bank/Prison optional or just put a 1 or 2 life rule on it and that's it. When a Corp+ sees cops bunched up, reem them out. Ensure the cops are in cities patrolling and promoting RP, if they are not, blacklist them. This would make cop desireable to play on; at this point the only way to make money on cop is to ticket and kill... why should that be the case? Increase their salary, change the direction from ticketing/killing to promoting RP and enforce it. Less tickets, less jail, less killing, more RP and cops still get paid. 

Edited by RonnyB

4 hours ago, RonnyB said:

You 100% hit it on the head. The problem is not cop RP (it kinda is but hang on) it is the server direction. 

Cops log on and its bank, fed, prison break, kavala for 20 mins then server reset. repeat. It is cops vs. robbers 24/7. 

The problem is just the server direction. No rules are enforced. There is no punishment for Fail-RP.. too much work to report people etc...

Additionally; no one tells cops that there #1 job is to promote RP in game. You log in as cop and you get maybe 5 minutes of RP and you are then zerging a bank its the same thing every time. 

RP on cop is very hard (not for me) but for most because it requires patience and most cops are children / immature / impatient / misguided / playing cop for the wrong reason. When I log on cop I run with my weapons holstered.. I am NEVER the first one to fire a shot... and it is very discouraging most of the time. "Hands up or die" then I'm shot in the face after one second will happen 9 times out of 10. I will get someone who is actually interested in RPing and talking 10% of the time and it is usually a fun experience for 10 or 15 minutes then its back to the regular crap. 

Unfortunately there are no viable solutions to this (in my opinion) aside from desire to play on the server, which we no longer have. Back in the day when Lirik played (I think 4 or 5 years ago? maybe 3?) we had 4 servers packed at 100/100 during peak hours and you had to log in with a macro... the high desire to play on the server made much better RP because you did not want to get banned, you were there for fun and people wanted to play on the server; that feeling is gone now.

A possible solution would also be to allow cops to not have to respond the the bank/fed/prison breaks. When you have 7 or 8 cops on during peak times why should we have all of them at the bank, then fed / prison. This means that there are no cops in any cities or on highway patrol. This means the civs just rule the cities themselves and the RDM goes rampant and it makes a terrible experience for civs. This means that the 1 or 2 people that are logged on for the first time have a negative experience within their first 1 hour of playing and never come back. It is so important for this server to be new player friendly and unfortunately it is the complete opposite of that. 

Yesterday I logged in on cop, there were 7 other cops on, server 2. I think it was 8 cops and 41 civs when I logged on. All 7 cops were in one channel grouped up doing something in the HWpatrol HQ. Server restarted and we did a briefing in AirHQ. 3 FSA members attacked us during briefing and we killed one and downed another the last one ran. For the entire next hour, the other 7 cops were chasing this one FSA guy to that island in the middle of the map lol; they just kept chasing and dying and chasing and dying. I went to Athira channel alone, patrolled Athira and actually found some decent RP. I found some guy with a 60k bounty and I holstered my weapon and talked to him. He was explaining his charges and during that he told me "i can't believe you are listening to me I never explain my charges because there is usually no point as I just get full ticketed or sent to jail". We had a fun time and I gave him a 10k ticket and for the rest of the server uptime he would see me and say "Yo RonnyB!" and the other civs saw that and didn't RDM and they talked and interacted and Athira was fun for a server cycle. 

What I would do at this point for a quick fix, which would work, is change the cop salary from $155/5min to like $3-5k/5min. Then, make sure they understand their number one job is to promote role play and also make Fed/Bank/Prison optional or just put a 1 or 2 life rule on it and that's it. When a Corp+ sees cops bunched up, reem them out. Ensure the cops are in cities patrolling and promoting RP, if they are not, blacklist them. This would make cop desireable to play on; at this point the only way to make money on cop is to ticket and kill... why should that be the case? Increase their salary, change the direction from ticketing/killing to promoting RP and enforce it. Less tickets, less jail, less killing, more RP and cops still get paid. 

Honestly after reading all this it makes me want to gear up with the cheapest gear and keep everything holstered while I roleplay in different cities that way I don't really care if I get killed, or taken hostage. Also I do believe it makes civs around you start to have a little respect for you and maybe even help you out in times of rdm.

I think a 2 life rule should be enforced in every combat situation with cops. I understand why gangs do feds, banks, evidence lockup and prison because they are looking for fights and there is barely any gang life left on the server. Hopefully V2 will have big changes on that which will help the cops stay in cities. I miss the times when we saw at least 2 cops in every city except Sofia, and a couple roaming about illegal areas.

I think there should be role play rules for all factions and needs to be kept in place.

One time me and my friend kidnapped a cop and kept him hostage for bank, when we started doing bank, the cop we had hostage wanted a role play situation for the bank, so he communicated to his fellow cops for negotiations and we negotiated a trade for the cops life and some time to get away and it went very nicely for a first time ACTUAL role play situation.

1 hour ago, Reformed epTic said:

Kappa

Should make it in V2 so that if any murders occur from within an owned house, that house is able to be seized by the APD and put up for auction. 

Since yall rebels wanna cry about RP, let's go deep on this RP shit. You use your house for crime, you lose it. 

And give cops paid leave if they get points :P

7 hours ago, Reformed epTic said:

Should make it in V2 so that if any murders occur from within an owned house, that house is able to be seized by the APD and put up for auction. 

Since yall rebels wanna cry about RP, let's go deep on this RP shit. You use your house for crime, you lose it. 

Honestly, Fuck yeah!  Or maybe just deem the house condemned and unusable until reset.

I would recommend for a testing period, The removal of cop lethal pay-outs. So that when a cop kills a wanted person it does not remove his/her bounty. 

It would be an interesting test to see peoples reaction and to see if RP is used more. Along with cops having to use downing rounds, and only using lethals to get a advantage over the fire-fight. 

Thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, Jbdragon said:

I would recommend for a testing period, The removal of cop lethal pay-outs. So that when a cop kills a wanted person it does not remove his/her bounty. 

It would be an interesting test to see peoples reaction and to see if RP is used more. Along with cops having to use downing rounds, and only using lethals to get a advantage over the fire-fight. 

Thoughts ?

The problem is robocopping and usually shitty leadership too.  So bounties not getting removed would only contribute to the amount of robocopping that is already going on and it's probably even what cops that are money hungry would want anyway because it would just mean bigger payouts.

Requiring any kind of RP is ultimately self defeating. The server  isn't structured towards it nor can it pivot to be due to mission file limitations and what you can do as a cop and civilian. The best policy would be to drop all RP requirements and let cops give full tickets to those who get caught by the APD and if they turn themselves in, a 30% discount at most.

The mission file is cops vs robbers at its core, the APD aren't suited to be judge and jury. Keep it simple and straight to the point.

6 hours ago, Jbdragon said:

Thoughts ?

Wouldn't work, it would encourage bounty boosting and stacking in areas low rank cops can't reach effectively with tasers. Ditch RP, keep it simple with cops vs robbers and just enjoy the combat. People gotta stop pretending this is an RP server.

As for retired Captains, they should be Corporal like everyone else with no reqs. Put term limits on Captains (is DK STILL a captain??) and get rid of precincts permanently--they were an awful idea from the start. Force retire most  Lt/Sgt and only leave about 4 Lt and 4 Sgt. Give  those 8 people much better perks and loadouts than the rest of the APD and make sure they have superior shooting skills, leadership and game knowledge. RP for lower tickets is a colossal waste of time for all parties involved, there are many other avenues that could be explored for fun. If you want to keep RP, force APD to RP with hostage takers. Implement a system to strip APD of their gear so you can take their shit when they are restrained and then put a bullet in their head once you have their gear. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz

8 hours ago, Jbdragon said:

Thoughts ?

I feel like losing the (very small) lethal payout would encourage people to use downing when they shouldn't, causing the cops to lose a fight and instead of rping with a few criminals they all get away.