bring back special characters with V.2

As Mitch said, it prevents issues on the back end, BUT there is no reason why they cannot test it 

On 3/19/2019 at 1:21 AM, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Hello all,

I have made a change to the player name system for the server. Moving forward there are going to be some limits to the characters that can be used in your name. This is being done to prevent issues on the back end of things. Below is a list of characters that will be allowed. 

' !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~

Thank you,

Mitch

DonDurka likes this
44 minutes ago, Gen. Henry Arnold said:

V2 will still clean your player name of unusable characters for formatting within in game and saving your name. Easier on us, you don’t need thousands of special characters.

wdym lmao admins had no problems banning people with gang tags before. how bout give the community something they want for once and not make people beg to get them for 2 years first.

Crossfade and Goofi like this
10 minutes ago, Kawaii said:

The amount of potential new players from other modes/servers that get kicked for special characters and don't even try to rejoin makes me sad. Should try to get as many people coming back when V2 drops as possible. Should also consider wiping bans unrelated to scripting/apps. Free @王 rando 王

Also free @Brown Syndrome he is a reformed man and no longer raping people's little sisters and making them watch

Farmer Steve and 王 rando 王 like this
7 hours ago, Crossfade said:

TBH comments like this * V2 will still clean your player name of unusable characters for formatting within in game and saving your name. Easier on us, you don’t need thousands of special characters*  Just seems like there are a few lazy devs who dont wanna do what the other devs did for years. 

Fyi this has always been a issue. But until we switched to battlemetrics we had no way to prevent it. These new devs have been anything but lazy and have been working their ass off for months. I wouldn't think we need to give them a hard time over special characters in a playername.. it actually has nothing to do with the devs. Its me..

Deal with it.

Patato likes this
8 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Fyi this has always been a issue. But until we switched to battlemetrics we had no way to prevent it. These new devs have been anything but lazy and have been working their ass off for months. I wouldn't think we need to give them a hard time over special characters in a playername.. it actually has nothing to do with the devs. Its me..

Deal with it.

so why are special characters not being in the game so important thought they where removed because you guys thought it was messing with the server

Blame the faggots that we’re duping and getting away with it because they’re retarded-ass special character names...

I know all those gangs that lasted 2 weeks and then disbanded to create a new gang with the same roster LOVED special character gang tags, doesn’t mean they’re missed...  

they’re gone, get over it.

50 minutes ago, •ÐŠ• cHIP oTLE said:

Blame the faggots that we’re duping and getting away with it because they’re retarded-ass special character names...

I know all those gangs that lasted 2 weeks and then disbanded to create a new gang with the same roster LOVED special character gang tags, doesn’t mean they’re missed...  

they’re gone, get over it.

my gang lasted 2 years and we still play sometimes

Edited by bunni
Batcan likes this
21 hours ago, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

Deal with it.

I know its been an issue for ever... I have been here a long time too ya know :) I didn't call them lazy at all. I simply said it seems like there are lazy developers when comments like that are made. When people are given a simple No, not happening without much detail given one is going to assume its been put into the MEH basket and in the 5 or so years i have played here the MEH basket seemed to been filled up with a lot of shit and the OOOO we want this irrelevant shit and has been taking its place. I know they have been working hard and done alot. BUT when a dev says things like - V2 will still clean your player name of unusable characters for formatting within in game and saving your name. Easier on us, you don’t need thousands of special characters.-

It sort of sounds abit like well fuck you we aren't going to do anything you ask for... It was a nice addition to the gangs to be able to have different tags with symbols in it.

Thanks

Edited by Crossfade