Please keep regular inventory UI for gear in vehicles.

Ghost0fDawn

Vehicle UI  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Keep or No?

• Keep the current UI
    • Revert vehicle UI

The virtual inventory system sucks for actual gear really. You have to type in a numerical value to switch say a gun, its scope, mag, etc, instead of just dragging the gun out. This also prevents you from being able to backpack gear while driving. If a cop is nearby and I want to throw an illegal firearm in my backpack I cant do so without getting out of the car first, which defeats the purpose. I don't want to shift through a big list of gear to find a single item that has a very clear spot in the regular UI either.

Aside from all that it boils down to "its not broke so don't fix it." Nothing is wrong with the standard inventory system, keep it the way the other 99% of the game does for consistency sake. 

jeans, Sneaky, DJB and 3 others like this

Yes please for the love of the gods keep the old inventory when in vehicles.  I can't put a mag in my gun in car or some other things.  Also I've heard a lot of people agree they like the old way more.  But its not the end of the world if we can't do mags in cars anymore or move I inventory stuff around in car they way we want to....  I imagine if there is like some performance gain to the changes its worth.

Edited by Wop
Ghost0fDawn and Elite like this
Just now, Akula said:

+1 for old Inventory. At the minimum make it so when you hit your inventory button it defaults to your physical inventory, and T for virtual. Also make it so it closes with the inventory button as well. 

Yeah, completely used to using T for virtual vehicle inventory I was completely thrown when I tried to open up the car and got tactical bacon instead.

Akula likes this
1 hour ago, Leady said:

Added a poll to this to see how people are feeling about the new UI

Good idea, the votes are in. You're going to Hollywood. 

19 minutes ago, Azeh said:

No.

Care to explain in more detail? In the old system you could access the trunk with T while outside the vehicle, and opening inventory would open the inventory as it normally would. Could it not be simply so that pressing T while inside a vehicle opens the trunk?

9 minutes ago, Ghost0fDawn said:

Care to explain in more detail? In the old system you could access the trunk with T while outside the vehicle, and opening inventory would open the inventory as it normally would. Could it not be simply so that pressing T while inside a vehicle opens the trunk?

The current physical vehicle inventory doesn't use Arma's inventory, which just remains empty. It's essentially another virtual inventory, but with physical items. The weights (of both items and the vehicle trunk spaces) don't reflect real Arma values.