Bounty Hunter/Cop Tracers & Lethals Poll

Scroll wheel vs. Physical downing methods.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Physical Mag vs. Scroll Wheel

• Scroll Wheel (V2 release)
    • Physical Mag (current)
    • Scroll Wheel but /w less visually apparent UI (V2 release)

NGL, I liked the tracer system better. Even with the inconvenience of reloading.

I have no reason other than it FELT like I was ACTUALLY switching to rubber bullets from real bullets, and it felt significant. Not to mention the jokes about loading lethals via reloading are now gone forever! Don't forget about that!

Now it just feels like shit tbh. A scroll wheel option in a bright color, on my screen at all times. "BIG DEAD PEOPLE" or "SAFETY MODE." Not a big fan at all. I know immersion is a tad overrated to most of the community, but I like the aspect of immersing myself as a cop/BH. That's really my main argument.

Thoughts? I feel like it's probably too late, but I just wanted to throw my opinion out there. Even the IR laser on the Mk1 felt like I was doing something physical enough to warrant downing.

Maybe meet halfway on a significantly less obtrusive scroll wheel label?

(Lethal Toggle) & (Non-Lethal Toggle) or (Lethal Mode) & (Non-lethal Mode)? No color only white text? Or only blue text? Just one color, hopefully not too bright?

I do feel I'm in the minority though. People love convenience. I guess it also feels cool as a civ to kidnap cops and get their exclusive rubber ammo, black magazines, etc.

Am I just trying to refute change? Idk possibly?

TL;DR - I like physically changing mags for lethals/downing for a more significant heft rather than just tapping an option instantly.

Ghost0fDawn likes this
1 hour ago, Dust Runner said:

Not to mention the jokes about loading lethals via reloading are now gone forever! Don't forget about that!

You can still press "R" to reload even if you dont have the different mag type??

Also as far as the change goes i prefer it because i dont have to hear "im out of rubbers can i go lethals" 32 times a day. IMO this change was well requested and deserved and hopefully will knock down the number of "oops had lethals in" & "wrong mag"

Emma likes this
3 hours ago, Lucien said:

On the test server it sometimes makes you reload but its not consistent 

I would actually prefer if it was more obtrusive and in your face. A icon that would show up not on the scrollwheel would help prevent accidental lethals in a firefight if someone doesn't check their scrollwheel. Would prevent kids from saying "oops I didn't know I was lethaling" as there would be no excuse when you have a big fucking skull or some shit that says you're gonna start killing people on your screen 

Or maybe a Phoenix or skull in the bottom right of your screen for lethal and a green hand cuff for downing.

Dust Runner likes this
1 hour ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I'd like a on screen icon that would display your ammo type.

Example

If lethals are loaded have a small skull besides your food and health bar. if downing don't show anything cause you're on downing anyway 90% of the time on cop. This would stop "accidental lethals" allot more

I like this idea a lot. Especially with the location of the UI and it being overall less obtrusive.

3 hours ago, Lucien said:

Literally what I said lmao

Ye shits loading bad in the middle of jackfuck nowhere couldn't be bothered to read everything but i saw your part of the skull and wanted to add up to it. I thought i qouted you but apparently didn't sorry about that one.

But ye i had the idea since i saw the new system i was like well fuck it solves the problem of not having downing but it adds a new one of not "knowing"