Shotguns "Were" Fun

We spend the day yesterday fighting cartels. After the first fight facing shot guns we quickly ditched our 7.62's. After cartel fighting we teamed up with DS and did a prison and bank shotgun only. The carnage. 2 slugs to a ghost hawks engine mid flight took it out, I was able to 1 tap @Samperino out of his strider from the side/back window with a slug and if you've fought with or against me, you know i'm a patato. Hunter/ifrits are pretty much the same, load slugs end the driver. While there is a lag between firing and dying especially with the pellets I just don't see slugs being any better for the server. Fun yes, balanced? not even close.

When @DS_Billy says "Leady, this isn't okay is it?" you know its bad.

Luke SwagWalker and Bherky like this
1 hour ago, Bandit said:

Try buckshot

Buckshot doesn't even kill at 150m

46 minutes ago, Leady said:

We spend the day yesterday fighting cartels. After the first fight facing shot guns we quickly ditched our 7.62's. After cartel fighting we teamed up with DS and did a prison and bank shotgun only. The carnage. 2 slugs to a ghost hawks engine mid flight took it out, I was able to 1 tap @Samperino out of his strider from the side/back window with a slug and if you've fought with or against me, you know i'm a patato. Hunter/ifrits are pretty much the same, load slugs end the driver. While there is a lag between firing and dying especially with the pellets I just don't see slugs being any better for the server. Fun yes, balanced? not even close.

You get two shots with a slug.  You can't be as careless with armored vehicles and ghosthawks now, God forbid that, I guess.  It's just a bad idea now to let people get close up on you...sorry 7.62s can't outclass every single gun now.  You guys are way too soft.

DH | John Wick likes this
Just now, Elaiscancer said:

Buckshot doesn't even kill at 150m

You get two shots with a slug.  You can't be as careless with armored vehicles and ghosthawks now, God forbid that, I guess.  It's just a bad idea now to let people get close up on you...sorry 7.62s can't outclass every single gun now.  You guys are way too soft.

AGREED!

32 minutes ago, DankBud said:

these things are broke as fuck lol...Fun as hell but just as broke... something needs to be done with em on BI's end imo more so then a servers end.

2 hours ago, Leady said:

giphy.gif tenor.gif?itemid=11708311

7 hours ago, Kareem Kinte said:

BTW sorry for the echo, not sure what happened.

@Jesse @Azeh @Clint Beastwoodthere is something wrong with these! Also @Rodrigo can confirm the aids.

I dont actually see the issue with this clip. guy runs around the corner CQC while you have an MK out and miss 15 shots point blank with whats essentially a long range gun and scream "take the silly shotguns away, thats why i died, not missing the first 14 shots, its messing with my cartel experience" because the guy 4 feet away from you hits you with buckshot. 

Tooo fucking bad. Dont play inside church with an MK if you shoot like Stevie Wonder. 

If you wernt being a massive chode hiding in the church at arms and playing outside you'd have instant advantage on the courageous young man who valiantly took his shotgun to the cartel with a huge disadvantage. You played like a pussy, died, then complained like one here. Trust me im an expert at dying in Arma.

Now, the slugs being able to take out the Ghosthawks engine, as ridiculous of a shot that was, and as glorious as it was to see a ghosthawk full of cops go down like that, it shouldent be doable.

Edited by DS_Billy
Buck, Sp0on, Nicolas March and 4 others like this
6 minutes ago, DS_Billy said:

I dont actually see the issue with this clip. guy runs around the corner CQC while you have an MK out and miss 15 shots point blank with whats essentially a long range gun and scream "take the silly shotguns away, thats why i died, not missing the first 14 shots, its messing with my cartel experience" because the guy 4 feet away from you hits you with buckshot. 

Tooo fucking bad. Dont play inside church with an MK if you shoot like Stevie Wonder. 

If you wernt being a massive chode hiding in the church at arms and playing outside you'd have instant advantage on the courageous young man who valiantly took his shotgun to the cartel with a huge disadvantage. You played like a pussy, died, then complained like one here. Trust me im an expert at dying in Arma.

Now, the slugs being able to take out the Ghosthawks engine, as ridiculous of a shot that was, and as glorious as it was to see a ghosthawk full of cops go down like that, it shouldent be doable.

It would be pretty rare to make a shot like that tho.  The person piloting has to be asking for it when they're flying too slow or hovering too close.  Make that shot again and get it on video and I'll give you 200k.  I  kinda see a reason to remove buckshot because they are laggy.  But a lot of people play really stupid and just blame their deaths on shutguns because they made a stupid move and it couldn't possibly be that they weren't as good as they thought they were.

8 hours ago, Kareem Kinte said:

If nothing can be done, I'd suggest making all the shotguns illegal, can only buy from turf/rebel, and can't capture cartels with them.

This seems the most viable option, then again nobody would use em. I say make sawed off the only purchasable in TOWNS 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, Leady said:

No no no, you're not seeing the bigger picture Leady. These shotguns are to balance the RPG's :kappa:

Edited by eRr0r : n0 UnIT
Leady likes this
On 8/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, DS_Billy said:

you wanna see the clips of the other people i dropped full csat before he pushed? I saw the shotgun and panicked :shrug:

also already had others outside church, they dropped with like 6+ people in two orcas and only 1 had a shotgun. But you wouldnt know because DS is a money making guild.

Edited by Kareem Kinte
36 minutes ago, Kareem Kinte said:

you wanna see the clips of the other people i dropped full csat before he pushed? I saw the shotgun and panicked :shrug:

also already had others outside church, they dropped with like 6+ people in two orcas and only 1 had a shotgun. But you wouldnt know because DS is a money making guild.

i hook shot my semen into your moms vag like the true kareem abdul jabbar.

who tf is this kid?