For people who haven't played in +- 3 months

For people who haven't played in +- 3 months  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested to play asylum in it's current state

3 hours ago, Mason Statham #freepage said:

Other servers are more appealing at the moment. Mainly due to there being more people on them meaning more things to do.

From what I've noticed servers grow in pop when one other server gets fucked over.

Asylum died and Olympus got bigger.

Olympus had constant hackers and a retarded owner and reborn and GTA grew.

sooo, your master plan is to blow up and grief all of the other servers?

5 hours ago, william said:

For myself Arma is getting boring for me, after nearly 5 years and 9k hours why wouldn't it. For me there is just more interesting games to be played/grinded. Maybe I will fully return one day but I'm just having too much fun on other games.

Same with me. Im at 8700 hours and been part of asylum/playing arma for about 5 years.

Innate likes this

We just need another big streamer to restore Kavala's population and then it'll be business as usual.

When a server's population is reserved to hardened bitter veterans, it makes sense that new players aren't sticking around. Think back to when you were a new player and what got you into life servers.

What made life servers fun for me was chatting with randoms in populated areas, doing a variety of jobs, both legal and illegal, just for the fun of it, and getting into some crazy situations with gangs willing to RP. One time I got downed and kidnapped by a group of rebels, only to end up getting paid by them to help them defend cartels or break their buddies out of prison after chatting with them in their car for a while. 

Now think about being a new Altis Life player in 2019:

You join the server, and even Kavala is mostly devoid of life. You ask about making money on side chat and the answer you get is "meth in orca/hemtt." Well, good luck with that. You have little-to-no money, no gang worth their salt will accept you due to your playtime and skill level, and if you try doing a run in an offroad, not only will it take a LOOONG time, but after 45 minutes or so a group of rebels fully clad in body armor and magnified 7.62 rifles will drop in on you farming ephedra and kill you on sight to boost their bounty, even though they literally own the cartel you'd be paying at the end of your run. You can try to group up with some friendly dudes and try again with some 9mm SMG's to protect yourself, but chances are you'll still get wiped by the guy with thousands of hours played and RainMan-level knowledge of game mechanics.

Okay, so you aren't elite enough to play with the gangs and make the big money (or get anywhere near an illegal zone without getting clapped for that matter), so how about trying a legal activity? Tough shit, pal. When the 15-gang members on a 20-pop server get bored of guarding their uncontested cartel, they're gonna find you at peaches. Last thing you'll hear is "handsuphandsuphandsuphandsup." (In fact, that's probably the only thing you'll ever hear in direct because most chatting happens over TS/Discord now) Never mind the fact that you're unarmed and outnumbered; some people get a hard-on from padding their bounty, so instead of getting kidnapped and going on some wild adventure, you're just gonna get killed, revived, and killed again. Because fuck you.

TL;DR It's hard for new players to get started on a server dominated by autismos who religiously play it like it's their job. I'm not knocking the rebel lifestyle, but when it gets to the point where you're bullying new players off the server, you need to go outside and sort yourself out. A good way to start rebuilding our population would be to make the server more inviting to newbies. Whether you're a career rebel, full-time cop, Kavala troll, or whatever else...do your part and do some stupid crazy fun shit with a noob today! You'd be surprised at how fun this game can be when you put your gun away.

Edited by Kowalski
adding on
MR. COW likes this