A Call To Serve! Join the APD.

But in all seriousness, I feel that there are people under 18 that would make great officers. I talked to a Captain and he said that the age limit isn't waiverable under any circumstances. I don't think that there are a ton of people under 18 that would have legitimate applications so it wouldn't feel like the APD is being invaded by squeakers and immaturity. But right now, only like 3 cops are on server 4 and one on 3. Seems like there is a shortage of officers that still play.

It seems like every APD thread receives some complaining about the age requirement. Grow up, lord jesus.

When will whitelisting be open again?

Whitelisting is currently closed for new applicants and will be open in the near future as we try to build our records of current APD members. We have to find out who's currently in the APD and who's not. It would be an absolute mess to take in new applicants while we also figure out who our current members are (and there's 1300 of them).

Keep posted. It won't be too long.

But right now' date=' only like 3 cops are on server 4 and one on 3. Seems like there is a shortage of officers that still play. [/quote']

The only thing is that the higher ups stopped checking playtime during Dec for obvious reasons. So a majority of the cops including me went out and started playing different games. But don't worry everyone will be back soon as the "you must have a 50/50 cop civ playtime to still be a member of the APD" and of course it's x-mas so ppl wanna spend time with family and all that

AegonTargaryenTv likes this
Man what did squeakers ever do to you?

nearly breaking my ear drums that's what they did to me

i mean 1 literally screamed at top of his lungs at server restart next day i get an ear infection

also lost out on 200k cause im a bh and they rdm and combat log

thats why i hate squeekers

• 3 months later...
On 03/01/2016 at 7:29 PM, Brandon said:

nearly breaking my ear drums that's what they did to me

i mean 1 literally screamed at top of his lungs at server restart next day i get an ear infection

also lost out on 200k cause im a bh and they rdm and combat log

thats why i hate squeekers

i'm with you on squeakers..i freaking hate them.Don't get me wrong i don't hate kids i have 2 myself,but listening to them over a mic is so cringe worthy ugh.Especially when they are trying to be all bossy or in control..it's like nails to a chalkboard x100..they should be kicked from the game but thats just IMO 

On 1-5-2016 at 5:59 PM, ChesterCopperpot said:

i'm with you on squeakers..i freaking hate them.Don't get me wrong i don't hate kids i have 2 myself,but listening to them over a mic is so cringe worthy ugh.Especially when they are trying to be all bossy or in control..it's like nails to a chalkboard x100..they should be kicked from the game but thats just IMO 

Don't quite like their attitude either but cmon it's a game.. Are we really banishing kids from having a fun game? If i were playing this as 14 y old i wouldn't leave my room.

You can just avoid/kill/mute people you don't like. 

Let kids be kids man

Eric916 and Reformed Rake like this
On 12/16/2015 at 7:53 PM, Vanilla Coke said:

Lower that age limit and I'd be happy, and I'm sure Leslie and Ranga would be happy! #Ranga4Cadet #Leslie4Cadet <3

You really can't. Honestly i'd be pissed if I got rolled up on APD and it was some squeaker. Also no offense to any younger people but if your too young your voice has no authority and people will not listen to you or cooperate just cuz of that. For instance, last night I was in Pyrgos at like 3am and a cadet and sgt went by me in a Hunter and I was like shit these guys would put up a great fight I bet so I posted up in a building and shot through a window into the city (not at them just discharge in a city to get their attention) and they drive straight over to me and got out and did very good job at using their words not guns. The cadet had a great voice and spoke well and honestly was very convincing I couldn't shoot at em lol and it ended peacefully. I know it's a game but the experience on Asylum is so great because of the level of maturity and professionalism from the APD (sometimes lol) So if things changed it may change the experience which is something im sure devs and admins don't want.

8 hours ago, Midamaru said:

Don't quite like their attitude either but cmon it's a game.. Are we really banishing kids from having a fun game? If i were playing this as 14 y old i wouldn't leave my room.

You can just avoid/kill/mute people you don't like. 

Let kids be kids man

True. I think they should be respected and people need to be nice, however, we still need to keep the APD 17 and up. Unless you are recommended due to maturity or something. When I was 14-15 I could honestly have been APD no problem but not everyone is at the same maturity level at that age.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/9/2016 at 3:18 PM, Vash said:

Every 14-15 year old thinks that he his mature.

Right? When I was 15, aka a whole 17 years ago almost, I thought I knew EVERYTHING and was 101% convinced I was right about everything...regardless of what was told to me, or shown to me.

If you ask me, APD applicants should be 18+, and hell, even at that age, you're still about as mature as the flower on a tomato plant.

1 hour ago, One Eye Jack said:

Right? When I was 15, aka a whole 17 years ago almost, I thought I knew EVERYTHING and was 101% convinced I was right about everything...regardless of what was told to me, or shown to me.

If you ask me, APD applicants should be 18+, and hell, even at that age, you're still about as mature as the flower on a tomato plant.

true but a lot of young people play arma but your right 18 year olds are not mature at all really haha

20 hours ago, Eric916 said:

true but a lot of young people play arma but your right 18 year olds are not mature at all really haha

A lot of young people do play Arma, aka Asylum Life.

Thankfully there is an "alt cop" option for them, aka Bounty Hunter, haha.

But in general, I think voice does play a role for cops too...presence is important, and when you're dealing with someone who sounds like your little sister, you tend to take them far less serious in general. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
4 hours ago, One Eye Jack said:

A lot of young people do play Arma, aka Asylum Life.

Thankfully there is an "alt cop" option for them, aka Bounty Hunter, haha.

But in general, I think voice does play a role for cops too...presence is important, and when you're dealing with someone who sounds like your little sister, you tend to take them far less serious in general. 

Yeah exactly no authority lol. And yeah ive seen my share of squeaky bounty hunters lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2016 at 9:09 PM, One Eye Jack said:

them feels    :FeelsBadMan::FeelsBadMan: