Bring Back Pre 6.0

23 hours ago, Volunteer281 said:

This is called the Nostalgia Effect. You believe the past was way better than the present.

Yes while some features and game play style has changed over the years Asylum has been out and there are times I really, really miss the "old" Asylum, I chalk a lot of that up to the Nostalgia Effect.

Let me explain. When you started playing on the servers whether it was over 2 years ago or 6 months ago, everything was new and exciting. You remember the first time you bought a house, or the first time you did a drug run, or the first time you got caught by the cops, etc. Over time you began to realize you have done everything in the game you can do. Countless cartel and prison fights as rebels. Countless drug runs. The 100+ times you've heard the same tired RP from a rebel/civ while playing cop. You start getting bored. Frustrated that each time you log in to the servers you are chasing that same feeling you used to get when you started playing however long ago and keep coming up short. 

At the end of the day, you can't blame the feature changes from patches. Reverting the game to pre 6.0 or hell even pre-talents isn't going to somehow revitalize the game for you. It is just a game after all, people will come and go. All you can do is enjoy the friendships you've made here and the amazing people you've met here and enjoy the game for what it is. How often does a gaming community come around where people have been playing for 2+ years and are still this passionate about it?    

Just now, Call Me Shirley said:

Let's just bring back 2014 altogether.

Terrorism, Nighteyes' Airforce, weapons hidden when holstered, dramatically smaller guidebook, mother fuckin' LEW.

I don't really want 2014. Just some things that they had in 2014. We do have some good things today but the cartels should be changed back, the money system and the group cap should be increase to 12-13

Declaring Terror needs to be brought back and then give the cops the ability to call out SWAT from an HQ. Obvious highest ranking officer has the option after the death total in the area has reached a certain amount and once it happens have a big AAN broadcast goes across the screen stating Marshall law is in effect like it was back in 2014.

Edited by allstarplaya
Flax likes this
1 minute ago, allstarplaya said:

Declaring Terror needs to be brought back and then give the cops the ability to call out SWAT from an HQ. Obvious highest ranking officer has the option after the death total in the area has reached a certain amount and once it happens have a big AAN broadcast goes across the screen stating Marshall law is in effect like it was back in 2014.

I like this idea kinda

7 minutes ago, allstarplaya said:

Why not bring back the original SWAT that COX, Skalicon and Myself ran? 

52 minutes ago, Noobious said:

I really do miss pre 6.0. I do like some of the things we have in 6.0 but pre 6.0 was so much fun. No money cap, the gang life was a lot more alive, and I'm sure most of our active players want this.

Out of curiosity. What is it that you miss about pre 6.0, and what effect do you think reverting to pre 6.0 will do?

Just now, Budbringer said:

Out of curiosity. What is it that you miss about pre 6.0, and what effect do you think reverting to pre 6.0 will do?

I miss the no money cap, We were actually able to have fun instead of grinding so damn hard we get pissed and stressed out when we die. I don't miss the huge gang wars. But we could increase the cap to 12-13 people. Or could we at least increase the money cap to 5mil? 6.0 does have some great things added. I also miss the old cartels and being able to have several places on the map. It would actually let smaller gangs get cartels like no bigger gang is going to take herion cartel or coke. This would make the community pretty damn happy imo. 

On 3/21/2016 at 3:33 PM, Volunteer281 said:

Because cops gave a shit about their lives pre 6.0? 

This is called the Nostalgia Effect. You believe the past was way better than the present.

Yes while some features and game play style has changed over the years Asylum has been out and there are times I really, really miss the "old" Asylum, I chalk a lot of that up to the Nostalgia Effect.

Let me explain. When you started playing on the servers whether it was over 2 years ago or 6 months ago, everything was new and exciting. You remember the first time you bought a house, or the first time you did a drug run, or the first time you got caught by the cops, etc. Over time you began to realize you have done everything in the game you can do. Countless cartel and prison fights as rebels. Countless drug runs. The 100+ times you've heard the same tired RP from a rebel/civ while playing cop. You start getting bored. Frustrated that each time you log in to the servers you are chasing that same feeling you used to get when you started playing however long ago and keep coming up short. 

At the end of the day, you can't blame the feature changes from patches. Reverting the game to pre 6.0 or hell even pre-talents isn't going to somehow revitalize the game for you. It is just a game after all, people will come and go. All you can do is enjoy the friendships you've made here and the amazing people you've met here and enjoy the game for what it is. How often does a gaming community come around where people have been playing for 2+ years and are still this passionate about it?    

Completely agree.  Case in point: Server 5.  Remember how many months people begged for the return of Server 5?  So many threads were created, so many people waxed poetic about Agia Marina you would think it was the fucking lost city of Shangri-La.  Then S5 came back and quickly became a ghost town.  

Quit chasing the past, man.  I understand there are legitimate arguments for removing money cap and increasing group cap (the only two things from pre 6.0 that people actually want back, by the way), but sorry, these "Bring back pre 6.0" posts remind me of those annoying "ONLY 90'S KIDS WILL REMEMBER THESE 15 QUIRKY THINGS LOL" posts.

Edited by Olivia

I don't see why people want the group cap changed. How are you not happy with 10 vs 10 fights? Are the people you play with not coherent enough to get the job done? It gets AIDS beyond that point. This entire community made an outcry for gang sizes to drop. 15 people is way too many, and fuck the 12-13 idea. Just leave it at 10, let the Zergtards go live their life somewhere else. This server wasn't meant for huge groups, and it needs to stay this way above all else. They could remove money cap, add back old cartels, the whole 9, but if anything stays the same it should be the group cap. 

Flax, Olivia, DarkKnight and 5 others like this
6 minutes ago, J9R9MY said:

I don't see why people want the group cap changed. How are you not happy with 10 vs 10 fights? Are the people you play with not coherent enough to get the job done? It gets AIDS beyond that point. This entire community made an outcry for gang sizes to drop. 15 people is way too many, and fuck the 12-13 idea. Just leave it at 10, let the Zergtards go live their life somewhere else. This server wasn't meant for huge groups, and it needs to stay this way above all else. They could remove money cap, add back old cartels, the whole 9, but if anything stays the same it should be the group cap. 

J9 for president.

J9R9MY likes this
22 minutes ago, J9R9MY said:

There are no 10v10 fights because every gang is afraid to fight each other. 

Edited by epTic
Flax likes this
3 hours ago, J9R9MY said:

Yea I don't mid the group cap fam.

You are all blinded by nastalga. I remember going from cartel to cartel pre 6.0 with no fights and people complainig that no one ever fought cartels. The only difference now is that you are bored of Arma and remember the fun times you had when it was still exciting and wrongly associate that with pre 6.0. You want the money to go to the gang bank but you fail to remember how the big gangs had problems with the ways in which their leaders used that money. At least now every member of the gang gets benefits from holding the cartels, not just the leaders who comped themselves generously and sold their gang's money. You say that it was better pre 6.0 but you seem to have forgotten losing your gun on revive, not getting payed for leaths, paper thin ifrit tires, stupidly large gangs, and countless other annoying/broken things. You complain that making money is too hard/boring but once again you forget that pre 6.0 it was just a constant meth grind; at least now you have other viable methods. While  gang life feels a bit stale, that is less on the part of the servers than it is on you because as I said before, you are bored of  Arma. The cartels don't need more incentives, you just need to be willing to fight them and have a good time doing so.

Edited by Treeherder
15 hours ago, J9R9MY said:

nearly impossible for people to want to fight after 6.0

17 hours ago, Treeherder said:

You are all blinded by nastalga. I remember going from cartel to cartel pre 6.0 with no fights and people complainig that no one ever fought cartels. The only difference now is that you are bored of Arma and remember the fun times you had when it was still exciting and wrongly associate that with pre 6.0. You want the money to go to the gang bank but you fail to remember how the big gangs had problems with the ways in which their leaders used that money. At least now every member of the gang gets benefits from holding the cartels, not just the leaders who comped themselves generously and sold their gang's money. You say that it was better pre 6.0 but you seem to have forgotten losing your gun on revive, not getting payed for leaths, paper thin ifrit tires, stupidly large gangs, and countless other annoying/broken things. You complain that making money is too hard/boring but once again you forget that pre 6.0 it was just a constant meth grind; at least now you have other viable methods. While  gang life feels a bit stale, that is less on the part of the servers than it is on you because as I said before, you are bored of  Arma. The cartels don't need more incentives, you just need to be willing to fight them and have a good time doing so.

@Treeherder This is true but there are a lot more gangs now. People will fight cartels and the smaller gangs can take weed and coke if they wanted to. I like a lot of the things they added in 6.0 like all the things you named. Gang Leaders are now more mature I'd say. Paratus did fix a lot of things. SO lets keep it that way. I like not losing my gun on revive. I like getting payed for lethals. I like all of it. I'm not saying bring pre 6.0 back completely just some of the things I listed above.

The contradictions are just so blatant and ridiculous it's almost funny.

"Gangs don't have anyone to fight and it's boring", except that "Gangs are afraid to fight each other" : "Increase group size to 12-13"...so we can't fight other gang's because we are scared, wtf?

Increase money cap to 5mil. Ok, so you max out 5 mil and blow it all doing dumb shit, now you spend 5 days building up 1mil a day. Orrrrrrrr you blow 1mil cap and spend 1 day grinding back up. The math is the same, you just want deeper pockets, which in turn means less value of life and YOLO moments.

Edited by Murmurs
Treeherder likes this
3 minutes ago, Murmurs said:

The contradictions are just so blatant and ridiculous it's almost funny.

"Gangs don't have anyone to fight and it's boring", except that "Gangs are afraid to fight each other" : "Increase group size to 12-13"...so we can't fight other gang's because we are scared, wtf?

Increase money cap to 5mil. Ok, so you max out 5 mil and blow it all doing dumb shit, now you spend 5 days building up 1mil a day. Orrrrrrrr you blow 1mil cap and spend 1 day grinding back up. The math is the same, you just want deeper pockets, which in turn means less value of life and YOLO moments.

Which makes the game fun. Group cap can stay at 10 i'm fine with that. 5mil makes the game more fun. Gangs dont fight because they are bored of Asylum

1 hour ago, Noobious said:

Gang Leaders are now more mature I'd say.

Lets hypothetically say you were a gang leader. You loose an orca or ifrit in some non-gang related activity for some stupid reason that's completeley your fault. Would you comp yourself with gang bank money? Of course you would; everyone would, it's just human nature. This isn't a question of leader maturity. this is going to happen no mater how mature a leader is and that's why I'm in favor of keeping the equally distributed cartel benifits we have now.

1 hour ago, Treeherder said:

Lets hypothetically say you were a gang leader. You loose an orca or ifrit in some non-gang related activity for some stupid reason that's completeley your fault. Would you comp yourself with gang bank money? Of course you would; everyone would, it's just human nature. This isn't a question of leader maturity. this is going to happen no mater how mature a leader is and that's why I'm in favor of keeping the equally distributed cartel benifits we have now.

It's not like you can't have current cartel benefits + direct deposit into the gang account.

Edit.  Also, not every gang leader does that.  Sometimes the gang account is solely meant for purchasing ifrits, orcas and to comp gang mates for stupid shit that happened to them.  Some gangs do paychecks, it's just very dependent on how that gang operates.  

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
2 hours ago, Noobious said:

Which makes the game fun. Group cap can stay at 10 i'm fine with that. 5mil makes the game more fun. Gangs dont fight because they are bored of Asylum

How does more money make it less boring? You still haven't legitimately addressed that tbh.  I remember back in the day I was constantly loaning out my 25+ mil to members of the gang I was in.  People refused to grind then just like they refuse to grind now. How will upping the bank cap change that?

Edited by HotWings

Bringing back some type of darkness (not pitch black) but still something other than always fucking sunny days would really juice this server back up..

Should also bring back clouds and different weather.. 

don't even understand why it was done.. for this long of a period of time

unless its to bring it back so we all love it that much more? maybe it was a mind trick to get more players to play the modded server?

Not sure ... a reason from paratus would be nice.. 

best idea is because alot of players have shit computers so to get more players he dumbafied it to the average dumbasses level when it comes to using the time of day and weather to your advantage. lmao sunny all day errdeh? get real

Edited by SarcasticElectricity
  • 1 year later...