Helicopters and Being Kicked While Flying

I rarely get kicked for having a high ping, but it has happened on two separate occasions in the past two/three days, both times while I was flying in a helicopter with passengers.  This results in the helicopter quickly and violently plummeting to the ground before the co-pilot has enough time to react and take control or stabilize the heli. 

I have lost 2 m-900s(that I recently purchased) because of this.  I'm very afraid to invest in heli's if this is so dangerous.  Shouldn't there be some kind of fail safe or something for this?  Like not kicking players having a short minute-long lag spike if they are in a vehicle(if that is even possible to detect properly) or maybe grounding/impounding the heli when the pilot is kicked from the game?  (I should mention that I did post in the comp section for the first heli, if anyone is wondering, it's already done, awaiting a reply or something)

The risk for flying is way too high for me,  and my connection is typically stable.  I was in the air for about 1 1/2 hours with my friends doing whatever before I got kicked the second time.  Is there really anything I should do other than avoid using air vehicles?

Just now, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

You probably have a high ping or bad connection.  Just record or Screen Shot when you get kicked and post a compensation report.

Is there a way to avoid this happening?  My connection is usually good but I will get bogged down at times for a minute or two, and there is really no way for me to prepare for that happening, since it is mostly random.  I guess I should just avoid using them then

Just now, BobTheHunted said:

Is there a way to avoid this happening?  My connection is usually good but I will get bogged down at times for a minute or two, and there is really no way for me to prepare for that happening, since it is mostly random.  I guess I should just avoid using them then

There is no way to prevent Arma from happening my friend. 

AceDread, DreamC, The Boss and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Norwegianviking said:

the auto kick for too high ping is not something Asylum have made but it's something every arma server have. Nothing Asylum can do about it.

ive seen servers with max ping 200 ive seen servers with max ping of 400 and ive been on servers when my pings been 500+... wanna try again?

14 hours ago, CrossFade said:

It's funny that he states he's done a Como request and that it rarely happens but nobody takes note that he suggested if someone gets max ping spike then it shouldn't auto kick if there in a vehicle. Sounds like a decent idea.

So we should allow people to lag around the map and have their way with anyone they cross because they dont exist in that persons world?  Its really simple, if you have ping issues dont fly until you figure it out.  Dont blame the server for your own internet issues.

Patato likes this
On 3/31/2016 at 4:16 PM, CrossFade said:

It's funny that he states he's done a Como request and that it rarely happens but nobody takes note that he suggested if someone gets max ping spike then it shouldn't auto kick if there in a vehicle. Sounds like a decent idea.

Well it happened two days in a row for me, so I just assumed it was related to being in the air and moving at a much faster speed, maybe being responsible for the lag spikes?  I don't know, I just think there could be a way to avoid this

• 1 year later...