Waiting for the fun events to come back

Ba-KA

Smirnoff is really the only admin who does events. From an admin POV, it is really hard to get motivation to do them and I think Smirnoff is a saint for keeping it up.

For me, it was really just a matter of not being able to make everyone happy. Putting a lot effort into an event only to have people complain and get angry is quite disheartening. I remember when I used to do them people would say stuff along the lines "THIS IS WHY ASYLUM IS DYING BECAUSE OF SHITTY ADMIN EVENTS, FUCK YOU!" :P

Vash, Haych, Feenix and 4 others like this
Just now, LaGrange said:

Smirnoff is really the only admin who does events. From an admin POV, it is really hard to get motivation to do them and I think Smirnoff is a saint for keeping it up.

For me, it was really just a matter of not being able to make everyone happy. Putting a lot effort into an event only to have people complain and get angry is quite disheartening. I remember when I used to do them people would say stuff along the lines "THIS IS WHY ASYLUM IS DYING BECAUSE OF SHITTY ADMIN EVENTS, FUCK YOU!" :P

Ive also seen Olio do some too. But him its more : Ive dropped my wallet in Pyrgos... Try to find it.

Its kind of easy because its always in the same spot. lel

55 minutes ago, IShinigamibakaI said:

What happened to Swat Vs Civ, laser tag wars in athira, Purges, good ole jin lightning bolt arena, speed bomb races, or when the cops try to take a city back over from rebels or fuck any events apart from smirnoffs 

22 minutes ago, Bilal Battu said:

The community is full of sour fucks that complain about everything including "lopsided" events.

This! Me and Snatch did a few and had guys do nothing but complain.....its a big downer when we are doing something fun and people constantly complain, but stick around. I do thinks like zeus bolt derbys on quads, quad derbys that have PDW's attached to the horn, Speedbomb Roulette etc. We are having issues with Zeus at the moment for some events so once that gets fixed it will help.

1 hour ago, Olio said:

This! Me and Snatch did a few and had guys do nothing but complain.....its a big downer when we are doing something fun and people constantly complain, but stick around. I do thinks like zeus bolt derbys on quads, quad derbys that have PDW's attached to the horn, Speedbomb Roulette etc. We are having issues with Zeus at the moment for some events so once that gets fixed it will help.

i love you olio

53 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I do at least 1 event per day as a goal unless I have full day of work. 

Of course with 4 servers its hard to be noticed on all servers.

Since Zeus stopped working some events I can't do since I used modules form there. ARMS RACE is the newest event I do and with the best feedback so far.

Arms race is a blast. The only changes i'll make is rewards for 2nd and 3rd and scopes for the weapons. Other than that, the event is perfect

14 minutes ago, Haych said:

Arms race is a blast. The only changes i'll make is rewards for 2nd and 3rd and scopes for the weapons. Other than that, the event is perfect

I tried scopes but it makes people run off and camp on hills and in the tower. Rewards for 2nd and 3rd are tricky to implement I guess can just wait for other people to get their nade kill but problem is I sometimes forget who won lol would be much harder to remember 3 names. 

Mr.Purple likes this
1 hour ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

I tried scopes but it makes people run off and camp on hills and in the tower. Rewards for 2nd and 3rd are tricky to implement I guess can just wait for other people to get their nade kill but problem is I sometimes forget who won lol would be much harder to remember 3 names. 

Maybe have SMG scopes to prevent people attempting to snipe? some guns are horrible with iron sights.

Oh I understand with the money, I thought it was automated. Is it not possible to make it automated?

events r fun but sometimes it gets aids with the new events since all the bugs arent fixed, for example the cop vs civ event or swat v civ w/e, some people will kill their own teammates just for war points, and then you lose your ONLY mk loadout, which makes it lame af...lol

but idk the csgo gungame thing is really fun, sometimes i dont even get  to make it there till someones already on level like 6, i have to go put my gear in house and respawn and shit, but idk i cant really complain most of the time its pretty enjoyable....

Edited by hamsham12

I think its ridiculous to complain about admins taking their time to do events. I miss JIn's crazy little events so much.

Would love to see more laid back ones like the old Jin Says, Quadbike's with Mk200s, and hatchback sport speed bomb races.  They were just a fun bit of mayhem that brought a little more life to the servers.

I can not disagree one bit. What can we conclude here? Fuck this generation

On 15-4-2016 at 3:37 AM, Jigawatt said:

Same here.

I am not going to spend an hour setting up an event only to have people cry when they don't have it exactly their way.

On 15-4-2016 at 2:46 AM, Bilal Battu said:

The community is full of sour fucks that complain about everything including "lopsided" events.

On 15-4-2016 at 2:20 AM, LaGrange said:

Twang and Brown like this
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/15/2016 at 7:47 PM, Mr Smirnoff said:

Since Zeus stopped working some events I can't do since I used modules form there. ARMS RACE is the newest event I do and with the best feedback so far.

I always win this shit Smirnoff when i join it !!!!

Twang likes this
On 4/15/2016 at 4:47 PM, Mr Smirnoff said:

loved the event today. please keep it up it was really fun!

Mr Smirnoff likes this
  • 2 weeks later...