So since you can't glitch the tool kits anymore some thing needs to be done so we can repair our cars, if your in a chase and need to get out in a hurry ooh wait no you can't beacus you already used your tool kit so now you are fucked.. sure you can buy more then one but then you will get less mags and the sway hoho the sway. Fix it so you buy one tool kit for like 1k and always keep it until you die or something cuz this is ridiculous with the way arma works with sports for example.

Distinct, Bishop, Don and 2 others like this
2 minutes ago, Bishop said:

You could also have a talent so you don't need to buy one too! Or at least buff the current talent so every 1/4 require a toolkit! 

that could work to, but when i have to buy a tool kit that "breaks" every single time i use it i makes sense to me what kinda cheap shit is that.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Good to know I ruined someone's fun with that code.

Keep your toolkits in the car. Pull them out when you need to repair. You then have a toolkit, and don't have to worry about excess weight when you need to eject and fight.

Mr good scripter/coder you could just make it so we only have to buy 1 tool kit for a bit more $, or is that to hard for you? 

1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

Good to know I ruined someone's fun with that code.

Keep your toolkits in the car. Pull them out when you need to repair. You then have a toolkit, and don't have to worry about excess weight when you need to eject and fight.

But it was more fun to exploit it than use it logically...

Just now, Juicy said:

You should get out of Kavala Mr. Forums Warlord

I never go to Kavala, kkthx.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Paratus does not want Cops to be capable of carrying that much ammo/Medkits/flashbangs/etc/etc.

The system is designed and working as intended. Anyone who has been playing otherwise has been using an exploit which is now fixed.

You should give cops backpacks, I can't wait to carry 40 flashbangs with me to prison and just toss them all into the towers. 

Just now, Gnashes said:

Paratus does not want Cops to be capable of carrying that much ammo/Medkits/flashbangs/etc/etc.

The system is designed and working as intended. Anyone who has been playing otherwise has been using an exploit which is now fixed.

Dosen't make any sence

Just now, Gnashes said:

Players need a Toolkit to repair their car quickly. Toolkits may be purchased from any NPC-based Gas Station on the island, as well as at any General Store (including Rebel). It is not difficult to put extra toolkits into your vehicle, as every vehicle is capable of holding a toolkit. When you crash your vehicle, you can choose to either repair without a toolkit, which is slow, or take a toolkit out of the vehicle's inventory, use it, and be about your way much faster.

The only difference here is that you can no longer carry a single toolkit, and gain unlimited uses for it via exploiting. Considering it was a fairly blatant exploit; I have no sympathy for those negatively impacted by the resolution of the issue. If you feel this is a game-breaking issue, please direct it to Bamf or Paratus; although they will tell you the exact same things I am.

shitty toolkits break after 1 thing

Just now, Gnashes said:

Players need a Toolkit to repair their car quickly. Toolkits may be purchased from any NPC-based Gas Station on the island, as well as at any General Store (including Rebel). It is not difficult to put extra toolkits into your vehicle, as every vehicle is capable of holding a toolkit. When you crash your vehicle, you can choose to either repair without a toolkit, which is slow, or take a toolkit out of the vehicle's inventory, use it, and be about your way much faster.

The only difference here is that you can no longer carry a single toolkit, and gain unlimited uses for it via exploiting. Considering it was a fairly blatant exploit; I have no sympathy for those negatively impacted by the resolution of the issue. If you feel this is a game-breaking issue, please direct it to Bamf or Paratus; although they will tell you the exact same things I am.

what if he uses a go kart to drive every where :kappa: 

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It only makes up for the fact that you can be revived after suffering a gunshot wound to the head; or the detonation of a suicide vests wrapped around your person.

This is a game, as you admins say not a Hardcore RP server so what you just said has nothing to do with this. If you wanna go into realistic here i worked as a mechanic in the army and i'll tell you this if my "tool kit" broke every time i used it well i would quit. 

My point was that using the argument "my toolkit breaking every time I use it is stupid" (that argument being based on reality) was a silly thing to do.

Thank you for brilliantly proving my point; you have both saved me much effort in explaining my thought process.

WHAT A SHITTY TOOLKIT ARMA USES THEn! what about making some other toolkits in another color and set the price to like 5k and they can change a wheel without breaking. then u still get your cheap toolkit and i get mine :kappa:

My point was that using the argument "my toolkit breaking every time I use it is stupid" (that argument being based on reality) was a silly thing to do.

Thank you for brilliantly proving my point; you have both saved me much effort in explaining my thought process.

You have a point there, but then again this is a suggestion and you as an admin should listen to what the ppl want other wise what is the point of have suggestion and feedback? if no one wants this fine but then again this is going to be a problem.

Think of it this way, your toolkit does not break when you use it - it is instead consumed (much like ammunition from a magazine).  

Making it so that you can repair your car without needing a toolkit was an awesome feature that Paratus put into the game ages ago.  The only downside was that the repair was just slower.  So saying that you have to carry a minimal cost item to repair your vehicle much faster seems OK to me.  You only have to have it in your inventory during the repair, so like said previously just put a few extra in the car.  

Honestly, you should see how many I carry (I'm a terrible driver in the game).

Michael and Heidelberg like this