❤We miss you Server 5❤

12 minutes ago, Crow said:

Server 6 just needs work to it and it could easily be popular. Server 5 was just aids and a money generator for cops lmfao.

If they don't try to push incredibly flawed gameplay changes and resets, then it might have a chance. Asylum's core gameplay + modded weapons, vehicles and clothing is all that needs to happen.  It doesn't have to be incredibly complicated.

Crow likes this
5 minutes ago, OLL13 said:

Majority opinion considering it got shut down AGAIN. S5 is useless without Meth.

It got shut down because server 6 was suppose to surpass it, didn't end up happening after a month.  Also, the first server 5 shut down was just random as it had a good population and was only underpopulated late at night.

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
Vash, Nikita, Flashpoint and 1 other like this
1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

It got shut down because server 6 was suppose to surpass it, didn't end up happening after a month.  Also, the first server 5 shut down was just random as it had a good population and was only underpopulated late at night.

True

On May 9, 2016 at 7:48 PM, bamf said:

I hear that v5 of Australia is out. I'll likely start messing with that again to see if it is viable. 

The placement of objects etc needed some tweaking, but I generally liked S6. 

Everytime I look at server 6 no ones in it, it's too buggy and it's a ghost town. Sure it was fun for the first few days but in reality sever 5's population was way larger than server 6's and people enjoyed playing on stratis. Now if you want to go play something other than Altis you have to hop on a sever that you have to load all the mods up and join along with the 4 other people online. Bring back server 5 guys, it was so much better than 6 will ever be. 

Mr.Purple likes this
On 5/9/2016 at 7:48 PM, bamf said:

I hear that v5 of Australia is out. I'll likely start messing with that again to see if it is viable. 

The placement of objects etc needed some tweaking, but I generally liked S6. 

Australia is just to frigging big to be viable.  Even full there is still a massive unused area that is nothing but KOS and is just wasteland tbh.  On top of the map is massive and there is tons of hills and open areas and nothing but holographic optics I think it is really hard to justify forcing CQC because of that.  People have been part of this community for years and starting over again is just not something they are willing to do, so not having access to their banks and skills is also a huge turn away.  The map would be a ton better if it were scaled down quite a bit, but that's not an Asylum fix.  

Edited by HotWings
Nuvo likes this

Australia is a fun alternative to Altis and Stratis imho. Further, it has been a great learning experience from a dev perspective about what we would and would not want in a modded server  

As for other modded maps, Stratis is too small to mod really. Altis would be a pain for some technical reasons I will not go into. It could happen, but the level of effort likely is higher than we would want to do - for now anyway. 

Tanoa should be soon. Paratus said a while back that we will be looking at Tanoa very closely when it comes out. I know most people want something different - I know I do. We are looking at ways to freshen up Altis, as well as new map opportunities and mods. 

explicit likes this
1 minute ago, bamf said:

Australia is a fun alternative to Altis and Stratis imho. Further, it has been a great learning experience from a dev perspective about what we would and would not want in a modded server  

As for other modded maps, Stratis is too small to mod really. Altis would be a pain for some technical reasons I will not go into. It could happen, but the level of effort likely is higher than we would want to do - for now anyway. 

Tanoa should be soon. Paratus said a while back that we will be looking at Tanoa very closely when it comes out. I know most people want something different - I know I do. We are looking at ways to freshen up Altis, as well as new map opportunities and mods. 

How would Bornholm be map wise?

Just now, Jarvo said:

Haha lol the few times insurgents ever came to s5 they lost lol. I remember fighting you and your gang and you just ran straight up to the lighthouse at arms and got killed like a headless chicken. Let's be honest you can't complain about free war kills when you are utter shit and rush cartels like that. 

omg INS were never on s5 together as a gang it was only me that went on there once in a while.

btw, who the fuck are you?

• 2 years later...