Change log 6.9.2

bamf

2 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

@Killswitchand I have been playing DayZ and really acquired a taste for human meat. Is it possible to add this feature of skinning your dead foes and cooking their meat on a camp fire?

If implemented please add ability to make campfire in city limits so we can roast plebs tribal style in the square.

3 hours ago, Paratus said:

Yep.

This patch was a massive, almost complete, overhaul of the Australia map. Definately worth checking out.

I get bad frames on the map when i start it up myself and not with the asylum mods. The map just takes to much of computer to process how big it is and gives me horrible frames, probably a similar issue with almost everyone. I never had a problem with the things you guys did for the map, i have a problem with the map.

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

That was fixed several patches ago and is functioning as designed. Crates wipe when a house is sold...

That is disappointing but i do believe you had good reason for that implementation. Now i can finally buy crates instead of waiting for server restarts. 

On 13/05/2016 at 0:16 PM, bamf said:

Australia:

• Modified the Australia map placements for the new Australia map
  • Additional helicopters have been added to the map, and existing helicopters have had their prices reduced
  • Gathering locations have changed significantly since the last time you were likely on the island, so come check that piece out as well

Sounds promising. I'm hoping this makes it not such a grind to make money (which appears to be the reason for such a low-pop server from what it was when it first opened).

I'll check it out now and report back :)

Regards,

The Gent

42 minutes ago, The Gent said:

Sounds promising. I'm hoping this makes it not such a grind to make money (which appears to be the reason for such a low-pop server from what it was when it first opened).

I'll check it out now and report back :)

Regards,

The Gent

So far, looks pretty damn similar - poppies, heroin processing, all the turtle spawns, Wong's even the cartels are all in the same spot - and take the same very long time to take over - I've had time to type this all out while I'm waiting.As are drug dealers and I think drugs - maybe cocaine's moved a little I can't quite tell...? Same with the quarries - if they've moved, it's not by much. Chop shops appear to be same spots. The whole of WA, including Darwin is still a redzone, black market production, and most rebels still in the same spot. Adelaide is still a useless city that could be better utilized. Most if not all of the DPs appear to be in the same spots.

I don't understand...what was changed and what was hoping to be achieved by the changes?

Things you sell need to have a higher value - that is problem number 1 with this server. That is the reason the server is so unpopulated and we've tried to explain that to you - if it takes so damn long to make money, we won't play. And we're not!

The prices and distances are still the same, so you're still getting the same ridiculously low wage for something that takes 10 times the effort in the Altis server. Please. Fix that. Make it actually fun to play! A higher wage would be a great start. $35 is atrociously unbalanced. You literally get more on benefits in terms of ability to buy normal food items IRL.

If you ramp up the value of cash to such an extent, it just means so much more when you lose it, rage-quits and just general not playing are the result - this is proven by the single-digit population.

Regards,

The Gent

Edit: fun update: now the cartels give "dirty" money, so, as an example, when you are in the middle of the desert capturing a cartel, within maybe 50m of your car, of course it despawns and of course you can't get a car out using dirty money and of course the nearest town is over 6KMs away...so fun!

Also, can't quite work out what's going on with stamina - shows about 3/4 of a bar able to be used, but only fills up a few millimetres before going back to empty while still and not overly loaded. Might just log out now...

Sorry guys, whatever you did hasn't worked it's still not fun I'm afraid :/

Edited by The Gent
9 hours ago, Bikstok said:

@Killswitchand I have been playing DayZ and really acquired a taste for human meat. Is it possible to add this feature of skinning your dead foes and cooking their meat on a camp fire?

9 hours ago, Killswitch said:

Yeah and when we eat too much...we start laughing like hyenas...so please add this as well

@bamf read this and acknowledge it please... :D

Volunteer281 likes this
15 hours ago, Paratus said:

This patch was a massive, almost complete, overhaul of the Australia map. Definately worth checking out.

The performence seems 100 times better than before.  Not having any things in the cop shops and the inability to buy weapons is pretty wack. But im happy with how its not lagging out my CPU all the time now.