Bring back night please

1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

and if it rained it looked like someone drew white lines on your screen in ms paint. night was aids. Maybe after the next arma update night can come back. but not until then.

Lethal probably described it as best anybody could.

Locking...

I wish...

Edited by Dust Runner

We had a open debate with the community to voice are opinions on this topic. The idea to get as many people to vote so that it was reliable data as to whether people actually wanted it back or not. It got locked for no reason so despite a lot of people wanting night time it isn't coming back anytime soon. Apparently it's removed for a reason ?

after few hours playing these days my eyes start burning 

i have to turn brightness down and it looks misty/foggy 

my eyes actually telling me there are hurting looking at a burning screen for a few hours its almost uncomfortable that there is no break apart from server restarts or staring at the map 

i think night should come back , a full cycle like before , maybe decrease the time for pitch black at least , night time was good , car lights , cop lights , it is what made the game really atmospheric , i mean its how it was suppose to be , full night / life cycles ,the moon the stars 

Arma is a really nice looking game but with this burning sun 24/7 i really think its a bad mistake , 

night time wasn't bad at all  , tracers , car lights , full beams , flashing cop lights , medic orange flashers , night vision , 5% of roads have lighting and even cat eyes 

maybe if they bring it back just reduce cost for spawn items IE the night vision reduce the price to like 50$ or $20

Edited by friendlypilot
LuxCapere likes this
On 5/30/2016 at 7:46 AM, TheRealLethal said:

and if it rained it looked like someone drew white lines on your screen in ms paint. night was aids. Maybe after the next arma update night can come back. but not until then.

Why are all the people with decent graphics processors and monitors being punished just so the poor people can play on their potato machines?

On 6/6/2016 at 4:24 AM, friendlypilot said:

after few hours playing these days my eyes start burning 

i have to turn brightness down and it looks misty/foggy 

my eyes actually telling me there are hurting looking at a burning screen for a few hours its almost uncomfortable that there is no break apart from server restarts or staring at the map 

i think night should come back , a full cycle like before , maybe decrease the time for pitch black at least , night time was good , car lights , cop lights , it is what made the game really atmospheric , i mean its how it was suppose to be , full night / life cycles ,the moon the stars 

Arma is a really nice looking game but with this burning sun 24/7 i really think its a bad mistake , 

night time wasn't bad at all  , tracers , car lights , full beams , flashing cop lights , medic orange flashers , night vision , 5% of roads have lighting and even cat eyes 

maybe if they bring it back just reduce cost for spawn items IE the night vision reduce the price to like 50$ or $20

Get rid of night vision unless you have a talent which allows you to use it for flying. Night vision is to OP for firefights on land and totally negates the point of night time.  Other than that, add more lights in cities and on major roads. Add in glow sticks into the game that can be worn on the body, like in ACE, so that players can see where they are going in the middle of a pitch black field at night. 

Can you imagine a night time firefight with no nightvision for players on the ground? For one, the firefight would be very intense and lengthy, and players would have to rely on muzzle flash and footsteps to get players locations. This would also give rebels and cops a reason to buy weapon flashlights (but they'd have to know when and when not to use them, or else they'd give their position away!).

EDIT: It was also be interesting if only the Police SWAT team would get access to NVGs when they were deployed. Make it so that if they die, their bodies can be raided at least for NVGs by other players. Make NVGs a SWAT only item so that any player wearing them is doing something illegal.

Edited by BigDeluxe