Build LaGrange's First PC!

LaGrange

Hey everyone,

So as some of you know, I have been gaming on a MacBook Pro for the past 2+ years on Asylum. I have finally decided it's about time to build a proper PC.

I plan to buy whatever the community jointly agrees on! 

I do not know how much I want to spend on the PC honestly. ~$1000 is a soft budget line, ~$1500 is the hard budget line (I would need some convincing to pay this much).   I don't have a monitor yet, so this would include that.

Help me find the best parts for my PC and I will buy them! I don't really know where to start, but I'll put out a test build from PCPartPicker in a few moments.

I'm running the intel i7 6700k for CPU and im nothing but pleased with its output, some say its overkill, but i say its 100% worth it with the performance and the task's it can do, As of GPU im running the GTX970 and i haven't had any problems with it, not the most expensive one but it has a solid performance. Make sure you get a SSD

5 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

Http://PCPartPicker.com/list/Q29CJV

Here is a random build I made. I know nothing about PC parts. I just want this thing to run really good on Arma since that is all I really play :P

CPU is Overkill

Mini ITX Motherboard? Bitch, if you're going to be a fucking pussy don't even try. ATX. ATX. Go with a Z97 chipset Intel and drop DDR3 into it. DDR4 isn't going to do shit for you.

Go with at least a 500GB SSD; trust me

Monitor looks good. Case is eh.

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

CPU is Overkill

Mini ITX Motherboard? Bitch, if you're going to be a fucking pussy don't even try. ATX. ATX. Go with a Z97 chipset Intel and drop DDR3 into it. DDR4 isn't going to do shit for you.

Go with at least a 500GB SSD; trust me

Monitor looks good. Case is eh.

Like I said, I need my hand held. I don't know anything about PC parts.

hold my hand plz. :D 

2 hours ago, LaGrange said:

Http://PCPartPicker.com/list/Q29CJV

Here is a random build I made. I know nothing about PC parts. I just want this thing to run really good on Arma since that is all I really play :P

Looks good! @LaGrange Don't spend too much on the graphics card if you're only playing arma. 

The way the game is optimised is that the CPU does most of the work so if you splash alot of your money on say a 1080, for example, your CPU will bottleneck your graphics. A lot of people here are saying to get the 1080 but if you're only playing arma it's a complete waste of money.

At the moment, a 970 is easily enough to run everything ultra, and is the card I've got. Anything above for Arma is pointless and you might aswell spend more on the CPU. 

Edited by BioHazard_
Noble likes this
45 minutes ago, Norwegianviking said:

^ Can confirm. If your PC is slow, just download some more ram. My PC is currently running 128 GB of DDR4 ram :kappa:

Very good website. Now I've gone from 32 GB to 256 GB of ram for free and not used any slots:kappa:

Edited by BioHazard_