Change log 7.1.0

bamf

To everyone saying their crates full of cocaine are now worthless, you realize it sells for like $1k each now right?  

As for opium being a bad replacement, it was simply the easiest thing to implement today. Also, I wouldn't get too stuck on the distances for now to craft weapons. We will be adjusting some things soon. 

DJB likes this
4 minutes ago, bamf said:

To everyone saying their crates full of cocaine are now worthless, you realize it sells for like $1k each now right?  

As for opium being a bad replacement, it was simply the easiest thing to implement today. Also, I wouldn't get too stuck on the distances for now to craft weapons. We will be adjusting some things soon. 

Unprocessed coke sells for $1k each? 

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Maybe we can switch it for opium for you people. Something I'll think about. 

Tbh It just sucks that you removed something so big without putting any thought into it at all. Cocaine plays such a huge part in the Asylum economy and you just decided to remove it without any solid replacement.

Not only does it play around with removing one less money making method, it plays around with weapon crafting which hugely effects every rebel on the server. Its one less place to check for cops making all the other illegal alternatives even harder. Not to even mention houses people owned, and the content they had inside those houses. Such a short sited decision.

Edited by Haych
Virrx, ryno7, DJB and 10 others like this
4 minutes ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

Wait, when has cocaine ever been ran? All the Chinese run scotch and heroin. I'm pretty sure they know what's good and bad. The only thing cocaine was ran for, was for guns. 

And that's why people are upset about it.. We hoard the unprocessed cocaine to make the guns but now it's useless to us. So we wasted our time collecting crates of cocaine that we can't use

Edited by Someguy
Trotfox likes this
2 hours ago, bamf said:

Cocaine sells for way too much to be on Altis now. It's equivalent to meth. 

We can fix the crafting easily enough by switching it out. 

For what? Another drug thats further away? Pointless. People wont do it then. Another change not thought threw before it was added. Coke is something for people who just join to do, its a place that cops check probably most and have the most interactions at, its used for numerous items for crafting, it was in the best spot for its crafting purposes like where is the logic? I understand you guys have ideas for asylum but just hint them to us so you can get feedback because im telling you now, this will cause a problem.

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Tiger, Haych, Virrx and 3 others like this
11 minutes ago, Smokahontas // Douggem said:

Wait, when has cocaine ever been ran? All the Chinese run scotch and heroin. I'm pretty sure they know what's good and bad. The only thing cocaine was ran for, was for guns. 

Cocaine was ran for the benefits of it, not for the money, you can have no fatigue for 5minutes and you sprint faster with cocaine + gun crafting

6 minutes ago, Chan Wong said:

I wanna know this too

Its essential you have the Apex expansion. When you do go to your game library and right-click Arma 3. Go to Properties--> Beta's and then click development build  instead of ' NONE' in the drop-down menu. This will start up a 6.6 GB download and after this is finished you can join S5 like you would join any other Asylum server. When you wanna switch back to the normal build click ' NONE' again and this will start a 300 MB download, after this is done you can play on any other server again. 

Just now, PJ - said:

Its essential you have the Apex expansion. When you do go to your game library and right-click Arma 3. Go to Properties--> Beta's and then click development build  instead of ' NONE' in the drop-down menu. This will start up a 6.6 GB download and after this is finished you can join S5 like you would join any other Asylum server. When you wanna switch back to the normal build click ' NONE' again and this will start a 300 MB download, after this is done you can play on any other server again. 

I need a direct ip to the server. I am on the dev build but I can't find the server in the searching shit....

4 hours ago, Paratus said:

I've heard people can fix it by going to the main menu and changing your difficulty settings. Untested but a lot of reports it works.

Confirmed for me and at least "most" people. Either change difficulty to recruit and/or change all settings to show. configure > game > difficulty

Hotfix

• Fixed how fast new Tanoa items lose value on the market.
  • Weather on all maps will now restrict fog levels a lot more strictly, instead of basing it off humidity in real world location.
  • You can now properly pick coca leaves.
  • The Tanoa bank is actually where it should be.
  • Moved the location of the jail break object to allow for better cover.
3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

This is 100% a work in progress, it was said at the start that it was a work in progress and things were going to change and most likely things would be broken/moved/changed. If you dont want to be part of the alpha go back to servers 1-4.  I cant believe someone is actually crying about being involved in the early development stage of the new server.

Hotwings they mean cocaine got removed from S1-4. That was the decision they are upset with.

Professor Pericles likes this

QUESTION! There are houses on Tanoa that are similar to the houses on Australia where the house has a garage attached to it. One of us bought it and you can't use the garage to pull vehicles. Will you be adding this feature to houses like this? The main reason the house was bought is because it has a garage in it. Should we sell it or keep it?

3 minutes ago, Shepurd said:

QUESTION! There are houses on Tanoa that are similar to the houses on Australia where the house has a garage attached to it. One of us bought it and you can't use the garage to pull vehicles. Will you be adding this feature to houses like this? The main reason the house was bought is because it has a garage in it. Should we sell it or keep it?

We plan to do that, yes.