AMD and Arma

CuTThroat

So, I have had a AMD 6300 processor in my computer for quite some time, and recently I have had some major lag and continued crashing after downloading tanoa. People have told me that my issue is with AMD and nothing else. I want to hear other peoples input before I go throwing around cash all whilly nhilly like and throw my face into Intels deep hole of processors. 

Thank You in Advance,

CuTThroat

Pls, no trolling

It could be the processor but considering all other options, there's a decent chance it's not your case. Arma is just poorly optimized for AMD so your FPS will be what is mostly affected. I run an intel processor and I've dealt with crashes quite frequently until I turned on malloc. I would definitely investigate a bit further and use that as your sole reason for purchasing an intel processor (even though intel is way better lol).

AMD Is generally unoptimized for CPU intensive games, as they have less power per core. Intel tends to be much better, with the newest 6000 and 7000 series tending to run incredibly well on CPU intensive games.

Heres my current specs

ed86a29aeb24237198415951c33151fb.png

(6000/7000 series intel has a sort of inbuilt overclock mechanism where it can safely turbo itself significantly faster without damage. You can still overclock them of course, but its less necessary, my CPU can turbo to 4.0 with ease, if you are wanting to overclock though buy a K version)

3b2a52f794f21c18e436a0bf86bd1c1e.png

Never seems to drop below 60FPS and sometimes goes over 100 outside of towns when servers are quiet. It does sometimes drop to 40-50 on koth servers though.

Edited by Hiraku