Bounty Hunter dont roleplay/initiate anymore.

Bounty Hunter dont roleplay/initiate anymore.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. It was a terrible idea to let the bounty hunters restrain their bounties without them having to put their hands up. Earlier today in server 3 an admin temporarily let us become prostitutes. once you hit $4,200 you had to run and deposit the money to continue. when i ran to deposit there was a bounty hunter

• allow bounty hunters to restrain others without RP
    • do not allow bounty hunters to restrain others without RP

As Anders already said. I bounty Hunt EU time because there are no cops and no big gangs on. Then when FSA start logging on i switch to rebel again or pick up a gun from my house. I fucking hate getting caught by bounty hunters walking up too me. But damn do i love doing it when im bounty hunting myself. I usually just kill anyone walking up to me with a gun out or if they start pulling one out near me then just run away and kill them. Yesterday i was bounty hunting with a mk1, no one expects getting restrained by a guy in a ghilliesuit, carrier lite and a mk1.

As Anders already said. I bounty Hunt EU time because there are no cops and no big gangs on. Then when FSA start logging on i switch to rebel again or pick up a gun from my house. I fucking hate getting caught by bounty hunters walking up too me. But damn do i love doing it when im bounty hunting myself. I usually just kill anyone walking up to me with a gun out or if they start pulling one out near me then just run away and kill them. Yesterday i was bounty hunting with a mk1' date=' no one expects getting restrained by a guy in a ghilliesuit, carrier lite and a mk1.[/quote']

They never expect a random Asian guy to put Zipties on them too! kappa

Seriously though, If you have a bounty this risk is coming with it, make sure you do not stand in one place and always move around, being as careful as possible.

With that being said, I can understand how annoying that can be but there are ways to avoid it, such as if you like trolling in Kavala, make sure to always move around and never stay in one place, I am pretty certain that gang members who are wanted hardly fall into this situation if even.

Bottom line, I think it should stay at is, but modifications can always be done.(maybe even cancelling the option to hide your badge 70 meters from your bounty, could be a good solution)

Bottom line' date=' I think it should stay at is, but modifications can always be done.(maybe even cancelling the option to hide your badge 70 meters from your bounty, could be a good solution)[/quote']

+1 (I think 70 meters is a little far. I think 20-35 meters would be better, as that gives a chance for rp to take place.)

First off' date=' let's clear up some misinformation here since you're distorting the issue at hand here.

[list']

[*]Bounty hunters aren't assigned bounties less than 2,000K.

[*]The scenario you're describing is certain type of hunter, a newb of Asylum or an asshole.

[*]This issue this particular issue takes place in major cities, primarily Kavala.

[*]You're confusing cleaning the streets with greed, even a half-decent bounty hunter knows the difference .

Ok with all that on the table what can we gather from this? A bounty hunter that chases low bounties in a highly populated major city, doesn't consider a bounties' situation, and restrains without any RP. My friend you're simply describing what I like to call a "Kavala Kiddie" or a simple troll. Simply put, it's an unavoidable outcome because there will always be newbies that don't know any better or assholes that like to harass bounties.

On the civillian side of things what does it teach? Don't travel around Altis / Stratis with a bounty bigger than 2k. Not unless you want someone downing you and throwing you in jail. Civillians learn to play it smart by either paying their ticket at courthouse, get a pardon, or find a cop to pay off their ticket.

How can we improve the situation? Unfortunately there is no set standard for bounty hunting. So it is up to the veteran bounty hunters to set the example and help teach the new generation. Again, unfortunately many so called bounty hunters are merely criminals who are too poor and inexperienced to be rocking rebel gear. As a matter of fact many people quit bounty hunting and become full-time criminals because of the better pay and less demanding talent tree.

Instead of killing bounty hunters offer to pay the bounty off. You don't have to be a bounty hunter to step-in, any regular civ can simply offer to pay off a person's bounty so the bounty hunter won't throw them to jail. My crew doesn't chase bounties lower than 20k and we do our part by preventing bounty hunters from picking on low bounties. Unless it's an obvious RDMer or VDMer there isn't a reason to chase the small stuff. Perhaps easing up on the KOSing bounty hunters would help in creating better RP, something ALL players have been at fault in.

Also, it's easy to give bounty hunters a bad rap because some rookies / trolls lack standards. Then again, a rookie sending a small bounty away for 5 minutes. is better than a rookie rebel who goes into town killing people and destroying stuff.

Remember if you want change, the community has to do its part as well. Quite frankly I haven't seen too much imporvoement from the community that convinces me that criminals/civillans are victims. Which is why I don't mind if a bounty hunter restrains and jails bounties that are 20k+. The community within the major cities IS toxic no matter how you slice it. At that moment you have to ask yourself, "Are these people REALLY going to want to RP?" It's one thing if the target is alone, it's another if there a bunch of folks running around.

Okay, you make a good point, and I forgot about that 2k cap for a bounty hunter. But, I'm a stratis player and these kavala kiddies are everywhere. They don't reason, or anything, even if you're not even geared or anything. Although these people are indeed 'assholes' they are so because of the system. I understand there are proper bounty hunters who rp well, and are good fun to talk to, even accept a cheeky bit of bribary. But, there are WAY, WAAAAY too many of these kavala kiddies.

Okay' date=' you make a good point, and I forgot about that 2k cap for a bounty hunter. But, I'm a stratis player and these kavala kiddies are everywhere. They don't reason, or anything, even if you're not even geared or anything. Although these people are indeed 'assholes' they are so because of the system. I understand there are proper bounty hunters who rp well, and are good fun to talk to, even accept a cheeky bit of bribary. But, there are WAY, WAAAAY too many of these kavala kiddies. [/quote']

Agia*

sad that i wasnt mentioned :( people are gonna find out and im making my millions quick

oh trust me you're in everyone's 'hearts' in the situation. Don't get me wrong I don't blame anyone for trying it but lol come on this is an role play server admins. You're asking for complaints like this. The other day I was getting food and water in town and this bounty hunter came running to me from around the corner tell him stop don't come near don't come near. I shoot him, everyone complains at me telling me it's rdm even though he had a badge he was running at me and I gave him a couple seconds. Whatever maybe it was twitchy. I revved him and comped him and the guy understood.

But I took this on board, not wanting to rdm. Instead when getting food and water and being a good person and not being twitchy as hell I give them a few more seconds. I get handcuffed. Some pretend to be talking to you about a serious matter, then just restrain you etc.

If someone tried 'Tackling me' like this irl when I had a fully automatic gun I'm pretty sure I'd see a real life animation of them lunging and react aptly. Hey I've also been crossing the road been ran over accidentally by the cops and the bounty hunter arrests me for a 3k bounty half of it just him running into my car earlier.

Also what about desync.... This has happened to me before in a case of desync. Didn't even know he was there, massive desync obviously he came around the corner next thing I know some bounty hunter pistol banger is walking a rebel named cocaine Carl up to the courthouse. riperino.

Please. Fix. This.