Bounty Hunter dont roleplay/initiate anymore.

Bounty Hunter dont roleplay/initiate anymore.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. It was a terrible idea to let the bounty hunters restrain their bounties without them having to put their hands up. Earlier today in server 3 an admin temporarily let us become prostitutes. once you hit $4,200 you had to run and deposit the money to continue. when i ran to deposit there was a bounty hunter

• allow bounty hunters to restrain others without RP
    • do not allow bounty hunters to restrain others without RP

It was a terrible idea to let the bounty hunters restrain their bounties without them having to put their hands up. Earlier today in server 3 an admin temporarily let us become prostitutes. once you hit $4,200 you had to run and deposit the money to continue. when i ran to deposit there was a bounty hunter who was waiting there and ran up behind me and restrained me, and continued to put me into his vehicle. I have also been restrained when attempting to heal myself at the hospital. how are we supposed to defend ourselves as a rebel when ANYONE could be a bounty hunter and come behind us and restrain without saying a single word. Also its unrealistic, in the real world people cant go and handcuff someone in 2 seconds without any resistance. if someone tried to restrain me i would fight him off. i think this gives bounty hunters an unfair advantage and should be removed immediately.

You ask how can you defend yourself as a rebel< it really is simple. Know your surroundings and do not let anyone get to close to you. If you have a bounty the last thing you should be doing is hanging around with people you do not know in a city. Bounty hunters have it pretty rough as is, this is the one thing that gives them an edge,instead of complaining about a game mechanic that is here to stay, learn ways to avoid it all together.

And then there's the fact that the moment a bounty hunter restrains someone it becomes open season on him' date=' literally anyone can come up on him without saying a word and shoot him since they can just claim they are part of the guys' group. The way bounty hunting currently works is fairly balance in my opinion.[/quote']

So again, force people To have to play in groups? No thanks.

This happened to me while prostituting the one time i did it.

The guy said he was an undercover officer, but he took me straight to the courthouse and sent me to jail.

Im sure the cops didnt like me blowing them up, but i thought they were the only ones who could restrain people like that...

guess I was wrong!

Paratus should honestly just remove the option for bounty hunters to restrain their bounties without them being downed or having their hands up. It's way too easy to abuse.

Only if you're in a town and standing still and not aware of your surroundings. It is completely your fault if it happens to you. If this gets removed by rebels who don't realize they are a target when they are wanted, it would be so laughable considering the HUGE advantage rebels have over bounty hunters.

Sigh...

The amount of these threads is too damn high. Just going to re-quote what I said earlier:

Been Bounty Hunting for over 2 years now' date=' RP is for actual role-players and not some cheap excuse to buy time for friends to shoot up a bounty hunter. Before the restrain feature a bounty hunter would get mowed down before they could finish saying "I'm here for your bounty (Insert name), hands over your head please."

Rebels and Pistol Bangers abused the hell out of the old bounty system. Shooting on sight because you couldn't hide the bounty badge, camping bounty hunter shop when requesting bounties, or making up bullshit "processing procedures." A LOT of RP towards bounty hunters is garbage and many legit bounty hunters are still treated like garbage. If a bounty hunter RDMs with downing guns, I'm all for banning them for lack of RP.

Even now, I still encourage people to RP before securing a bounty by downing or restraints. Then again, I also have my own limitations to RP standards since I don't deal with Kavala B.S. My Kavala or big city protocol is "By all means, necessary." If the game rules allows hunters to sneak up and throw on the zipties, good. Because you'd have to be pretty bad to let a bounty hunter walk up to you and slap on the zipties. There's still a lot that can go wrong, like someone telling their friends to camp Courthouse or some asshat that undoes the zipties when you have someone in custody.

Yes there are some dirty tactics in bounty hunting, but the APD and Rebels/Criminals use dirty tactics as well while still complying with the rules of the game. So please don't peddle me your woes on bounty restraints. There's bigger issues at hand like exterminating the trash hunters and helping/teaching the ones who want to be decent bounty hunters.[/size']

What you fail to realize is that rebels have better gear, weapons and typically more friends rolling with them then a bounty hunter. This is their one advantage and you want it taken away, just play smarter when you have a bounty. Everyone thinks it is fun getting a high bounty but then get mad when it does not end well for them, you want to be a rebel man up. If you let someone sneak up on you plain and simple it is your own fault, and besides if it is in a city you still have plenty of chances to be set free before you are arrested.

Paratus should honestly just remove the option for bounty hunters to restrain their bounties without them being downed or having their hands up. It's way too easy to abuse.

I was getting ready to sign up for jury, got instantly restrained while at the NPC and got sent to jail. 10/10 would do again.

Been wanting to comment on this for a long time, but haven't had the time to, so now that I'm here, let me point some things out I see wrong, and what I see right with this.

Right

1. Bounty hunters have way less firepower than rebels, so in a way they need this.

2. Adds another risk to being that dickhead that just shoots everything he sees.

3. Bounty hunters get an edge to make up for the disadvantage of initiation, the "Element of surprise" if you will.

4. Most of the time it is EXTREMELY hard to get someone to a courthouse without being shot when you get out of the car by a friend, random civ, anything or anybody really.

5. Rebels will never play alone, so it's kind of hard to take down 4-5 guys just for the sake of taking one of them to jail, then suffer the consequences of them shooting you the next time they see you.

Wrong

1. Encourages rebels to shoot literally every civilian and cop they see that doesn't have a hex on them.

2. Discourages rebels to actually talk to other people besides the guys they're in ts with, because anybody can be a bounty hunter. I really like talking to people on 5 when no cops are on and I'm just chillin in a town, because you get some of the funniest people around that time of night, then some bounty hunter walks up, restrains me, and sends me straight to jail, which is annoying, because it just wasted 45 minutes of the time I could be using getting to know random people I would usually shoot.

3. I get that chilling in a city with a bounty is bad, but it's hard to find people on the map elsewhere, as it's so big, and even on Stratis over half the server population sits in Agia, making it impossible to find anyone to talk to anywhere south of processing factories.

Personally, any rebel I've asked hates this feature, and any bounty hunter I asked loves it with a passion, it's not going to be removed but I do ask that it be tweaked to where you cannot restrain people with a gun in their hands. If the gun is holstered, it's free game, but if not, you should expect a fight.

Just my two cents, let me know if you can add anything, thanks.

Okay, but a rebel has a high bounty. These guys are fully prepared, but not EVERYONE who has a bounty is a rebel. Half of them are just civs who have accidentally ran someone over, and have a 1k bounty and some litte 'turd' of a rebel hunter is going around restraining him because he hasnt sorted out this 1k bounty yet, and the rebel won't accept that 2k, or even 5k bribe because theyre "cleaning up the streets". Rebels are different, they're equipped and prepared but you guys are seriously forgetting the fact that 70% of people these bounty hunters get are just regular people with very low bounties, often not even worth their time.

It is INCREDIBLY unfair for those civs.

Okay' date=' but a rebel has a high bounty. These guys are fully prepared, but not EVERYONE who has a bounty is a rebel. Half of them are just civs who have accidentally ran someone over, and have a 1k bounty and some litte 'turd' of a rebel hunter is going around restraining him because he hasnt sorted out this 1k bounty yet, and the rebel won't accept that 2k, or even 5k bribe because theyre "cleaning up the streets". Rebels are different, they're equipped and prepared but you guys are seriously forgetting the fact that 70% of people these bounty hunters get are just regular people with very low bounties, often not even worth their time.

It is INCREDIBLY unfair for those civs.

[/quote']

First off, let's clear up some misinformation here since you're distorting the issue at hand here.

• Bounty hunters aren't assigned bounties less than 2,000K.
  • The scenario you're describing is certain type of hunter, a newb of Asylum or an asshole.
  • This issue this particular issue takes place in major cities, primarily Kavala.
  • You're confusing cleaning the streets with greed, even a half-decent bounty hunter knows the difference .

Ok with all that on the table what can we gather from this? A bounty hunter that chases low bounties in a highly populated major city, doesn't consider a bounties' situation, and restrains without any RP. My friend you're simply describing what I like to call a "Kavala Kiddie" or a simple troll. Simply put, it's an unavoidable outcome because there will always be newbies that don't know any better or assholes that like to harass bounties.

On the civillian side of things what does it teach? Don't travel around Altis / Stratis with a bounty bigger than 2k. Not unless you want someone downing you and throwing you in jail. Civillians learn to play it smart by either paying their ticket at courthouse, get a pardon, or find a cop to pay off their ticket.

How can we improve the situation? Unfortunately there is no set standard for bounty hunting. So it is up to the veteran bounty hunters to set the example and help teach the new generation. Again, unfortunately many so called bounty hunters are merely criminals who are too poor and inexperienced to be rocking rebel gear. As a matter of fact many people quit bounty hunting and become full-time criminals because of the better pay and less demanding talent tree.

Instead of killing bounty hunters offer to pay the bounty off. You don't have to be a bounty hunter to step-in, any regular civ can simply offer to pay off a person's bounty so the bounty hunter won't throw them to jail. My crew doesn't chase bounties lower than 20k and we do our part by preventing bounty hunters from picking on low bounties. Unless it's an obvious RDMer or VDMer there isn't a reason to chase the small stuff. Perhaps easing up on the KOSing bounty hunters would help in creating better RP, something ALL players have been at fault in.

Also, it's easy to give bounty hunters a bad rap because some rookies / trolls lack standards. Then again, a rookie sending a small bounty away for 5 minutes. is better than a rookie rebel who goes into town killing people and destroying stuff.

Remember if you want change, the community has to do its part as well. Quite frankly I haven't seen too much imporvoement from the community that convinces me that criminals/civillans are victims. Which is why I don't mind if a bounty hunter restrains and jails bounties that are 20k+. The community within the major cities IS toxic no matter how you slice it. At that moment you have to ask yourself, "Are these people REALLY going to want to RP?" It's one thing if the target is alone, it's another if there a bunch of folks running around.

Was the dumbest idea ever to allow restraining like that. I watched some moron BH yesterday shoot out a man's tires and "RP" with him that it was an accident and that he would repair it. Then he walked up without no badge, no hostile intention, no announcement that he had the bounty and restrained the guy and took him to jail..for 5k. The idiot swore he did nothing wrong. Was this the intended outcome when this was implemented? If so, it's fucked...really fucked. I've never seen more BH abuse in the past 15 months as I do now.

This is so overblown that it's hilarious. This probably has never happened to any of you and if it has, it's was probably once and you learned your lesson...if you didn't, you're an idiot. Very fucking simple, don't stand around in towns while wanted. And no, it's not abuse to do this it is working as intended. Get over yourselves, rebels have every advantage over bounty hunters and sorry that civilians in Kavala or Agia can't sprint away or get their friend to pistol bang the bounty hunter or do it themselves after they are done looking for you.

Budbringer likes this
I love to do it. If you are dumb enough to let me' date=' with a trg and a BH vest walk up close to you while you are wanted, then you deserve to go to jail :P[/quote']

Seriously. It is hard being a solo BH in Kavala or really anywhere. When I did BH for a week straight, 70% of the people I downed and restrained combat logged on me. Of that 30% remaining, I got jumped a majority of that time just trying to run him from the square to the court house. Any time I had a car I would get shot as I was putting him inside of it.

It really depends. Best time to BH is in EU time' date=' before prime time. A lot of big bounties online, few cops, not many bigger groups, most people play alone, so you will earn tons of money[/quote']

100% agree with bud on this one. EU time is so much fun on BH. especially if you want to have some good RP too. good times being a BH.

It really depends. Best time to BH is in EU time' date=' before prime time. A lot of big bounties online, few cops, not many

bigger groups, most people play alone, so you will earn

tons of money[/quote']

My friend and I went bounty hunting early EU time and these mother fuckers just combat logged on me lol. That is my biggest problem while playing bounty hunter. They say they are talking to an admin and I am not allowed to do this followed with an alt+f4 lol. Happened twice within like 5 minutes.

My friend and I went bounty hunting early EU time and these mother fuckers just combat logged on me lol. That is my biggest problem while playing bounty hunter. They say they are talking to an admin and I am not allowed to do this followed with an alt+f4 lol. Happened twice within like 5 minutes.

I think you can submit comp requests for these situations but i think you have to report them first