Craftable Optics (Glass/Sand Buff)

If you're an avid crafter like myself you know how silly it is to see sand in your inventory when mining. Even before crafting was a concept the act of selling glass was lame since salt mining paid WAY better. Now that crafting was become more and more relevant I'm going to bring up this idea again since the original one faded away despite having a lot of support. Let's be honest, processing sand into glass is literally THE BEST way to kickstart craftible optics within Asylum.

Proposed Crafting Locations: Firearms Factory AND Black Market Productions
Proposed Optic Material Requirements:

ACO Green/Red: 2 Iron Ore + 1 Glass

MCO: 2 Iron Ore + 1 Copper Ore + 2 Glass

RCO: 3 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

ARCO: 5 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

ERCO: 5 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

NVGs (Black,Gray, Green, or Brown Variant): 2 Copper Ingots + 4 Glass

Binos: 2 Iron Ingots + 4 Glass

Let's make sand/glass relevant to Asylum, because we already get a prompt saying "you found nothing, but worthless rock." We don't need two prompts. Please support and give feedback!

Edited by Cobra
gramps, Bob Lee, .Sean and 14 others like this
13 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

ARCO: 1 Flawless Diamond + 5 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

ERCO: 1 Flawless Diamond + 7 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

flawless sells for 1200..... I pretty sure the scope is cheaper then that.... but +1 for being able to craft stuff with the sand. just not using this format lol

With some tweaking we can settle on the exact matierial requirements. I kinda threw the diamonds in there to get people to make comments like yours. As long as the total ingridients has a base value less than $700 we should be good. You already know how hard it is to make decent list when the market is constantly fluctuating in regards to crafting reasource.

:P

Edited by Cobra
6 minutes ago, Parker said:

+1 because why not?

-1 on NVGS and Binoculars because that is just point less. My paycheck every 5 mins pays for my NVGs

Thanks! 

And ya I know it's silly, then again I'm a cheap ass since one of my mottos are "If I can craft it, I don't buy it." 

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

Ya I'm not sure if rangefinders are a good fit for Asylum. A lil too OP with I knew my exact range of people, but then again you don't really need them to find out either. 

I see no reason not to add rangefinders at this point.  As long as they don't add scopes with zeroing it's basically a non issue as everyone already uses the map to get ranges anyways.  Could be a nice luxury item.  Make them like $1500 or something and have that be the only scope that requires a flawless to craft and I'm +1 for this idea.  Only issue I see with your crafting idea is the prices seem off but in general I think it's a great idea.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2016 at 6:09 AM, 2legit said:

I see no reason not to add rangefinders at this point.  As long as they don't add scopes with zeroing it's basically a non issue as everyone already uses the map to get ranges anyways.  Could be a nice luxury item.  Make them like $1500 or something and have that be the only scope that requires a flawless to craft and I'm +1 for this idea.  Only issue I see with your crafting idea is the prices seem off but in general I think it's a great idea.

Luxury Item + Talent needed wouldn't be to bad, but Asylum's combat has always been about pure skill and balance. No suppressors, no zeroing scopes, no large calibers, but hey, they kind of threw balance out the window when P2W fatigues got introduced, so anything can happen I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2016 at 9:54 AM, Phil. said:

That's too much effort..

I dunno, I'd definitely put in the extra work if it meant I could craft black or green NVGs. Some people would want to specifically craft NVGs into different color. More of cosmetic factor I thought I throw in. In all honesty the APD could care less if someone has black NVGs unless they want to be a jerk and use that as a reason to detain a person. 

Regardless of that, craftable weapon optics really do need to be implemented. 

On 7/16/2016 at 2:10 PM, bigjohn561 said:

ARCO: 1 Flawless Diamond + 5 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

ERCO: 1 Flawless Diamond + 7 Iron Ingots + 3 Glass

flawless sells for 1200..... I pretty sure the scope is cheaper then that.... but +1 for being able to craft stuff with the sand. just not using this format lol

I can see diamonds, not flawless tho.  Wouldnt be worth the time getting flawless to craft scopes. Normal diamonds are easy to get.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...