The Search for More FPS

explicit

The Search for More FPS : A Guide by Explicit

Recently I have found that both Asylum and Arma's performance has gone down the drain. I used to get 45-70fps constant and with patches + apex I am now getting 30-50 and I am lucky to get 60. Looking for optimization techniques, I ran into a program called Razer Cortex.

With Razer Cortex I have completely optimized my frames without having to pull down my graphics. I went from 30-50 FPS constant to frames ranging from 60-160 FPS. I never would have thought that such a program would work wonders like this but it did.

Download and Installation

You can download Razer Cortex from Razer's official website here http://www.razerzone.com/cortex 

Once installed, it will ask you to sign in with a Razer account. If you do not have one, make one. Sign up is quick.

After Installation

After installation you are going to want to go to the "boost" section of the Cortex program.

e0aac1d9934a61deafb4ac1983e94fd5.png

From here you are going to select "custom" and start clicking on processes/services/programs that you want to be terminated once you launch a game like Arma 3. Essentially, by doing this, we are allowing more memory to be dedicated to Arma + cleaning shit up.

Once done this, click on the "games" tab of Cortex, click on Arma 3, and launch.

45e50ef1b9d7cb7d6d280f76add506ec.png

When you are done playing...

When you are done playing and you want to restore the processes that the game booster terminated simply reopen Cortex, go to the booster tab, and click on the "restore now" button.

e414a2bb5bbdd36cc8846b125c995179.png

And there you go!

If anything, you should see a slight FPS increase. Mine was huge. I went from 40-60 on a full Asylum server 30 mins before restart to a stable 60-150 on a full Asylum server 30 mins before restart.

Edited by explicit
Buddy™, Don, .Sean and 2 others like this
16 minutes ago, explicit said:

The Search for More FPS : A Guide by Explicit

Recently I have found that both Asylum and Arma's performance has gone down the drain. I used to get 45-70fps constant and with patches + apex I am now getting 30-50 and I am lucky to get 60. Looking for optimization techniques, I ran into a program called Razer Cortex.

With Razer Cortex I have completely optimized my frames without having to pull down my graphics. I went from 30-50 FPS constant to frames ranging from 60-160 FPS. I never would have thought that such a program would work wonders like this but it did.

Download and Installation

You can download Razer Cortex from Razer's official website here http://www.razerzone.com/cortex 

Once installed, it will ask you to sign in with a Razer account. If you do not have one, make one. Sign up is quick.

After Installation

After installation you are going to want to go to the "boost" section of the Cortex program.

e0aac1d9934a61deafb4ac1983e94fd5.png

From here you are going to select "custom" and start clicking on processes/services/programs that you want to be terminated once you launch a game like Arma 3. Essentially, by doing this, we are allowing more memory to be dedicated to Arma + cleaning shit up.

Once done this, click on the "games" tab of Cortex, click on Arma 3, and launch.

45e50ef1b9d7cb7d6d280f76add506ec.png

When you are done playing...

When you are done playing and you want to restore the processes that the game booster terminated simply reopen Cortex, go to the booster tab, and click on the "restore now" button.

e414a2bb5bbdd36cc8846b125c995179.png

And there you go!

If anything, you should see a slight FPS increase. Mine was huge. I went from 40-60 on a full Asylum server 30 mins before restart to a stable 60-150 on a full Asylum server 30 mins before restart.

160fps wtf whats your specs? 

3 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

I run 

I7 6700k Skylake/Nvidia GTX 970 and ArmA 3 on an SSD and im getting like 30 FPS with this program wtf am i doing wrong?

If I were you I would just keep fucking around with the settings and removing different processes and programs until it does work.

You could also try soft logging, sometimes this fixes my FPS issues.

7 minutes ago, explicit said:

If I were you I would just keep fucking around with the settings and removing different processes and programs until it does work.

You could also try soft logging, sometimes this fixes my FPS issues.

Like its specifically with this program my FPS runs low, Otherwise in kavala i'll get upto 70/80FPS in a full server on ultra settings.

From my experience Razer Cortex is for older computers/potatoes that have a shit load of junk running on them. I tried it on my system, didn't notice a single difference. (i5 6600k 4.5Ghz, GTX 970)

Tried it on my older AMD system, got a couple fps boost, I guess thats good for some.

Edited by Haych
sakha likes this
58 minutes ago, Haych said:

From my experience Razer Cortex is for older computers/potatoes that have a shit load of junk running on them. I tried it on my system, didn't notice a single difference. (i5 6600k 4.5Ghz, GTX 970)

Tried it on my older AMD system, got a couple fps boost, I guess thats good for some.

Thats for sure