Change Log 7.5.0

Paratus

1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

The alternative is having 3 Altis Life servers and 1 dev server. 

I'm ok with the current option:unsure:

Not really, we still have dev servers. It's just that testing things like this is much more effective on a live system.

100+ people playing on a live server will find many more bugs than 1-2 playing on a dev server. We wouldn't necessarily want to do that to all 5 servers though.

But really we're just doing it to upset @Bikstok

Edited by speed
Sergio, TRAV, Furnie Mack and 5 others like this

Please take the headless client off server 1 and 2 because its clear that when the asylum network is receiving DDOS attacks that all the servers without it stay up and all the servers with it dont (Server 1 and 2), Literally the two servers were down for an hour. In my opinion the headless client is not meant for big networks that receive ddos attacks on a normal basis.

I would rather have decreased frames than the server being down whenever someone feels like starting a DDOS attack on the server.

Edited by Spade
53 minutes ago, speed said:

Not really, we still have dev servers. It's just that testing things like this is much more effective on a live system.

100+ people playing on a live server will find many more bugs than 1-2 playing on a dev server. We wouldn't necessarily want to do that to all 5 servers though.

open up the dev server as a CTE (community test environment)

vazybot likes this
1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

open up the dev server as a CTE (community test environment)

We need full servers to properly test it and, believe it or not, I actually want the server DDoS regular amounts. Seeing how it reacts to DDoS show me how I can make it more stable.

Just now, Paratus said:

We need full servers to properly test it and, believe it or not, I actually want the server DDoS regular amounts. Seeing how it reacts to DDoS show me how I can make it more stable.

sounds agreeable.

Not sure if im the only one experiencing this issue, but i am not getting scrollwheel option for executing/picking barley/picking berries.

2 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

He might actually give a shit about what your saying if you helped pay for the servers.

why would I pay for this piece of shit. So he can create more mem leaks he doesn't know how to fix and cant find a solution on stackoverflow lol.

Edited by CJNasty
5 hours ago, speed said:

There a possibility to put up a testing server that people can freely play on for the purpose of helping you find bugs? so it would't interfere with gameplay on the main servers?

1 hour ago, CJNasty said:

why would I pay for this piece of shit. So he can create more mem leaks he doesn't know how to fix and cant find a solution on stackoverflow lol.

The problem's not on my end, it's on Bohemia's and they are already aware of it and fixing it. Why do you think that because it's more prevalent on our mission that it's a problem on our end? Our mission uses more memory because it has a lot of features, and that's all there is to it.

Before you bitch and complain, at least understand what you're complaining about. If it's working properly on BI's end it would be literally impossible for any mission script to totally crash the client with such an error.

Try Dwarden's performance binaries if you're impatient.

3 minutes ago, Furnie Mack said:

Do people still believe that massive amounts of FPS is important? 

Give me 25 fucking FPS that's stable above 60 FPS that isn't any day of the week.

I don't know what you consider massive but I'd consider 60 fps as a minimum for any game on the PC at 1080p. But then again this is ARMA so expectations have to be set low. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz