APD needs balancing

Currently police officers just aimlessly rush into objectives with no tactics. They don't care if they die because they don't risk anything, I feel this needs to be changed. Doing a bank or prison break with more than 7 cops is almost impossible, when it just constant waves of police. Either increase risk or introduce a new life rule. Honestly, it's like playing zombies from CoD they just keep coming and coming. We did a bank yesterday and killed around 40 cop kills with only 8 cops online. Just my opinion, would like to see others thoughts.

Side note: My fix would be to increase the arsenal of the rebels to some what match that of a cop. Currently the cop strider takes 3 rpg hits to blow up, which at 40k a shell is dumb.

Edited by CJNasty
Cassettes likes this
9 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

Currently police officers just aimlessly rush into objectives with no tactics. They don't care if they die because they don't risk anything, I feel this needs to be changed. Doing a bank or prison break with more than 7 cops is almost impossible, when it just constant waves of police. Either increase risk or introduce a new life rule.

lol if you can't do in a bank with 7 or more cops on while in a group you must be god awful at the game, look at this video, im pretty sure bikstok did this solo

Edited by NotEqualTo (Eazy)
6 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

Currently police officers just aimlessly rush into objectives with no tactics. They don't care if they die because they don't risk anything, I feel this needs to be changed. Doing a bank or prison break with more than 7 cops is almost impossible, when it just constant waves of police. Either increase risk or introduce a new life rule.

Hurr durr we're bad at Arma and can't do the bank so nerf cops so everything is easy

Jake likes this

We did the bank and we're successful but it was retarded that the cops just keep aimlessly rushing in and dying. Some of them died because they smashed into the bank at full speed lol. My probelm is the cops don't know when to draw the line. They just flood and flood even 20 mins after the bank is over. The other two members went to rebel and I was on bank building and they just rushed and rushed until I ran out of ammo.

Edited by CJNasty
1 minute ago, CJNasty said:

We did the bank and we're successful but it was retarded that the cops just keep aimlessly rushing in and dying. Some of them died because they smashed into the bank at full speed lol. My probelm is the cops don't know when to draw the line. They just flood and flood even 20 mins after the bank is over.

Cops are required to cross a wasteland of no cover, face opponents with better shit, and far superior positioning.  The only actual advantage their is is respawns.

Eli, Noble, Reavantos and 2 others like this
8 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

IF only there was a search function..

2dad36724fe973a24b1db1400681aa77.gif

You could also do the same for new life rule. and find out why asylum doesnt have a blanket one as it would require civs to adhere to it as well. 

TL:DR search

OK, back to fixing my house..

But you see civ's lose alot more money that they make <.< :frog::frog::frog::frog:

Reavantos likes this

Cops are not OP at all at this point, we have a shitton more tools than they will ever have don't focus on blowing up a strider , focus on the people getting out of them.  Hold tight corners don't peak until you have a shot, communicate with your gabg to know what's going on outside your line of view, this is rebel 101 shit. 

6 minutes ago, KillZone said:

Here we go again like really ?  Your just in a shit group, me and maybe 4 other guys got on civ the other day, mind you we are not in the same gang and just went do a bank, we defended against 10 cops multiple wave easily.  Maybe you learn better tactics.  

Did you read the post, I'm not saying that bank is too hard. I'm saying that it stupid that cops can continuously flood. I sat on bank roof for like 20 mins after the bank and they just kept coming up the ladder until I ran out of ammo and they downed me. I blew through like 8 mags.

Edited by CJNasty
Just now, CJNasty said:

Did you read the post, I'm not saying that bank is too hard. I'm saying that it stupid that cops can continuously flood.

It's to simulate a police force, been this way for years, and I never had a problem fending off cops, you know you are going to lose sometimes even best gangs do, besides maybe bad blood <3.

again, communication is key.  Cops are not hard to fend against, a whole lot easier than fighting a rival gang. 

3 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

Did you read the post, I'm not saying that bank is too hard. I'm saying that it stupid that cops can continuously flood. I sat on bank roof for like 20 mins after the bank and they just kept coming up the ladder until I ran out of ammo and they downed me. I blew through like 8 mags.

Umm again bad tactics a orca should always be on the roof ,. Punney cop guns cannot get you in your orca90% of the time 

1 minute ago, Hiraku said:

picking up swat guns is exploiting tho.

Atleast i think

Yes 100% gnash would tear that ass up if he catches this.

and to OP picking up guns off dead bodies , common man , you new to life mods ?  Go play on other servers when you do a bank and police come with a armed ghost hawk to mow your ass down then come talk about how our police force is OP

Ray., Reavantos and Eli like this

Proper positioning and execution will create the APD "Zombie" effect. Once they figure out they are not going to win they just load lethals and run in face first. Or if you are like some people, load lethals immediately and prosper. The APD will never have the advantage of a defensive position but if they work as a unit and not as individuals they tend to over power the enemy after a little while. 

/|/|0T4RD likes this
7 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

It's not stated anywhere in the rules so?

Exploiting 

Knowingly using a bug or glitch to your advantage or another's detriment is not allowed.

Making Items duplicate is an advantage to yourself and will get you banned.

its also not stated that you can run and lay down to go through walls but you know it's an exploit 

Edited by KillZone
7 minutes ago, Agent X said:

Proper positioning and execution will create the APD "Zombie" effect. Once they figure out they are not going to win they just load lethals and run in face first. Or if you are like some people, load lethals immediately and prosper. The APD will never have the advantage of a defensive position but if they work as a unit and not as individuals they tend to over power the enemy after a little while. 

There is simply not enough to do that in a 10 minute event.  With the prison/Fed SWAT can spawn behind and that provides a huge advantage, bit with the bank SWAT is pretty much a sitting duck at most spawns.  Spawn in the water? Cool no I have no armor, spawn at the ATM some ass hat on the roof will shoot because we finish rendering in on our screens.  Parachute? Not even sure why thats even an option, I have never once seen people actually land safely.  You have a small hill far out to snipe from and that is essentially it.  You are forced to zerg to the building to stop it plan and simple.  You have to disable to drill or kill/restrain the driller.  

Reavantos likes this
56 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

Currently police officers just aimlessly rush into objectives with no tactics. They don't care if they die because they don't risk anything, I feel this needs to be changed. Doing a bank or prison break with more than 7 cops is almost impossible, when it just constant waves of police. Either increase risk or introduce a new life rule. Honestly, it's like playing zombies from CoD they just keep coming and coming. We did a bank yesterday and killed around 40 cop kills with only 8 cops online. Just my opinion, would like to see others thoughts.

Side note: My fix would be to increase the arsenal of the rebels to some what match that of a cop. Currently the cop strider takes 3 rpg hits to blow up, which at 40k a shell is dumb.

Bank is meant for rebels, go back to kavala you lil snot.  

1 hour ago, CJNasty said:

Also, don't use the RPG to disable the strider. Just take out its wheels or shoot the driver out... What else do you want Titan missiles?

20 minutes ago, CJNasty said:

It's not stated anywhere in the rules so?

It's globably declared in the rules as exploiting. 

Examples: Combat logging is against the rules. 

Your perception:  

I didn't hear a bullet in the last 5 seconds, combat over *alt f4* IT AINT AGAINST THE RULES CUZ THERE WAS NO COMBAT ANYMORE. 

Like the staff always likes to ask of you: Please use your common sense. 

KillZone likes this
3 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

It's globably declared in the rules as exploiting. 

Examples: Combat logging is against the rules. 

Your perception:  

I didn't hear a bullet in the last 5 seconds, combat over *alt f4* IT AINT AGAINST THE RULES CUZ THERE WAS NO COMBAT ANYMORE. 

Like the staff always likes to ask of you: Please use your common sense. 

Salty?