Remove Crosshairs

With the addition to Wars and pvp statistics it is clear that developers are trying to appeal to the pvp players more which is fine. But, If 3rd person allows people to peak behind walls without exposing yourself and crosshairs make it incredibly easy to fight close quarters and line up shots before peaking then it would be better to remove crosshairs.

I'm not sure if this would interfere with any scripts like seeing other peoples' names and if it does then disregard this suggestion

1 minute ago, Jimbo! said:

I wouldn't mind it being gone honestly, it would get rid of the dogshit meta that is quick peeking but then again I use it too much in cqc to fully let it go

but you do realize most servers have it off because of how insanely stupid it is, especially in a game like this.. Like I abuse the crosshairs too and i have to admit it is bullshit. Up to 300m you can use crosshairs only almost completely accurately... 

47 minutes ago, cFeor said:

With the addition to Wars and pvp statistics it is clear that developers are trying to appeal to the pvp players more which is fine. But, If 3rd person allows people to peak behind walls without exposing yourself and crosshairs make it incredibly easy to fight close quarters and line up shots before peaking then it would be better to remove crosshairs.

I'm not sure if this would interfere with any scripts like seeing other peoples' names and if it does then disregard this suggestion

I vote yes, the whole quick-peaking meta is ridiculous, it has turned banks and prison into basically a patience contest of who can wait for the other person to expose himself first. (Plus I think servers without them have more enjoyable 3rd person combat)

I mean players will still do the whole "dot on the center of screen" thing but at least it will require a bit of effort. 

Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Get rid of 3rd person entirely, it's stupid.

3rd person is stupid imo aswell, but if they remove 3rd person then most people will leave so that is not an option.. maybe having one server 1st person only would be cool but that is still asking for too much

14 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

Let me guess. these "major servers" are not life servers... If you want strict rules like that. Go play KoTH / Wasteland

KoTH/Wasteland don't usually have or encourage RP being the key difference. The combat on Asylum outside of Cities has become lackluster due to "quick peaking" being a thing. 

"If you want less realistic combat, go play on a non RP server"

I know there are arguments against me, such it being light RP but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I like debates. :) 

2 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

It wouldn't affect quick peaking.

yMnoO0y.png OBdCsgD.jpg

Was about to say there was a discussion about it before and Bikstok made a good point there.

Some monitors already come with a built in option to add a scope in middle of the screen, which will make it an advantage for them.

Pointless to remove imo, probably won't happen.

Monkeysz likes this
36 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

Let me guess. these "major servers" are not life servers... If you want strict rules like that. Go play KoTH / Wasteland

My point had to remove crosshair goes back to what i said earlier with the devs trying to make this server more pvp by adding in things like war statistics so at this point i'm addressing this issue as if it were not a life server. This server is now fulled with competitive arma players so minus well add in some competitive settings like removing the crosshairs since pvp is so heavily focused!

3 hours ago, Jimbo! said:

I wouldn't mind it being gone honestly, it would get rid of the dogshit meta that is quick peeking but then again I use it too much in cqc to fully let it go

Try playing a server without crosshairs. It's not hard bc you're experienced enough to know where the crosshair would be if it were to be there. 

cHIP oTLE likes this
3 minutes ago, LmfaOExde3 said:

I don't understand how you think removing crosshairs would improve pvp? the majority of close quarters combat nowadays is just using the 3rd person crosshair. Why change that?

pointless thread imo, but who cares I already quit for attention

" the majority of close quarters combat nowadays is just using the 3rd person crosshair." are you just talking just to talk? 

Edited by cFeor
3 minutes ago, cFeor said:

" the majority of close quarters combat nowadays is just using the 3rd person crosshair." are you just talking just to talk? 

LOL u made a thread about removing crosshairs. That topic has been discussed numerous times in the past. So are u talking just to talk? or have u finally just realised you're awful and can't keep up with other players so you ask for crosshairs to be removed so better players can be put back down to your dreadful level of ability?

Edited by LmfaOExde3
Linka likes this
6 hours ago, cFeor said:

but you do realize most servers have it off because of how insanely stupid it is, especially in a game like this.. Like I abuse the crosshairs too and i have to admit it is bullshit. Up to 300m you can use crosshairs only almost completely accurately... 

If you're a god you can use it all the way up to 800m :P accurately

Edited by Jalapeno
2 hours ago, LmfaOExde3 said:

LOL u made a thread about removing crosshairs. That topic has been discussed numerous times in the past. So are u talking just to talk? or have u finally just realised you're awful and can't keep up with other players so you ask for crosshairs to be removed so better players can be put back down to your dreadful level of ability?

So because crosshairs give an unfair advantage  in my opinion, I'm bad at the game? that is your logic... I'm saying that having crosshairs enabled is easy-mode and removing it will increase the skill gap between good players and not-so-good players, Which is a good thing if nowadays there are so many people on this server just for pvp.

Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this