Change log 7.5.1

bamf

47 minutes ago, Jimbo! said:

Redzones/illegal areas (cocaine/heroin/ephedra/meth field/processings/distillery) should be one life per officer per the 20minute guideline, makes drugs actually worth doing rather than the last officer hiding for 10minute until guys regear and come back, spawn nearest hq, use gear up option, spend 3k to gear, go straight back, not balanced imo, no wonder people play cop for the money, unlike me @explicit and @Ronald, we play for the RP.

Problem with that is two cops on patrol will roll into an illegal field, get killed and tell the rest on TS. Those on TS will wait outside the illegal zone and chase you down endlessly so the problem isn't solved. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz

I dont mind removing lethal payout like @Olivia recommended because i dont play for the money. But one thing you guys have to understand is that when you have a gang and do rebel things like prison break for example you know the people you are playing with and know what they are capable of doing. If you are high tier gang and u have strict rules and all that stuff then you can execute whatever plan you come up with. APD doesnt work in that way, you work with people you have at the time and most of the time we dont even know each other to the point when i can say that if we make a plan that person is going to be able to do what is needed of him.... So often times when you try to execute a plan it doesnt work and then you get killed and killed a dozen times and you need to lethal to get some ground. I understand that you guys have your point of view but not everything is so simple. I would rather reduce payout of lethals even more than take lethal force away. 

The thing is cops play the game like Bikstoks Holdout Scenario where you wipe the 1st wave of cops then the 2nd wave comes in you fight and kill them and then the 1st wave you killed comes back and its an ever lasting loop until the point where they give up, eventually take you down or to the point where you run out of ammo, You can argue oh you get 7.62s when you think about it cops get a free loadout and couldn`t care less to losing it so they will keep coming back and even when they come back they have lethals loaded and don`t say we spawned with them you can reload your gun while your running to get your car and don`t say I was out numbered all you have to do is ask for back up and you will most likely get back up.

2 minutes ago, Monkeysz said:

The thing is cops play the game like Bikstoks Holdout Scenario where you wipe the 1st wave of cops then the 2nd wave comes in you fight and kill them and then the 1st wave you killed comes back and its an ever lasting loop until the point where they give up, eventually take you down or to the point where you run out of ammo, You can argue oh you get 7.62s when you think about it cops get a free loadout and couldn`t care less to losing it so they will keep coming back and even when they come back they have lethals loaded and don`t say we spawned with them you can reload your gun while your running to get your car and don`t say I was out numbered all you have to do is ask for back up and you will most likely get back up.

Not true, the AI on holdout actually come close to you, they do not stay 500+ out and be rendered useless.

Big Bird likes this
4 hours ago, Killswitch said:

The evolution of stuff:

Lethals:
Then - Lethals, only to be used to kill someone in an unreachable location (roof of a house or building) OR when you are highly outnumbered (not 1v3, but 1v6), in which you must pardon and do not get paid. 

Then++ - Lethals authorized towards anyone who is rolling in a group of 6+, or if it is a group of big gang members, only pardon if you get paid. 

Now - Lethals authorized towards anyone who is rolling in a group of 4+, or if it is a big gang. Auto-pardon and get paid. 

Seizing of weapons:
Then - Once the player is restrained, you can seize the weapons (combat doesn't matter). But rebels will try and kill each other once they are in custody. 

Then++ - Once players are in restraints, they will be in god mode. By doing this, players will be more inclined to save their buddy, RATHER than killing them. So, seize weapons in HQ or when there is no combat.

Now - Once the players are in restraints, they will be in god mode, you can seize the weapons (combat doesn't matter). 

Cop Waves: 

Then - Prison and Fed, come back as much as you want (however, i was taught to put a limit on your lives 2 or 3 total, because you can't win them all). Anywhere else, once your group was wiped, you could no longer go back, UNLESS backup was called and they are on their on the way. 

Now - Everywhere, including prison, fed, and bank, come back as much as you want and don't give up!

Is it just me or does it feel like we are just evolving backwards? Honestly, they should just revert back to the 'Then' phases all around. Make life so much easier for everyone. With all these new changes, RP has spiraled downwards into a shit-hole. I see it from both sides, cops and rebels alike. 

Honestly i liked how it was back then, tho i can admit to authorising lethals myself in situations where it might not been necessary. If i could choose i would want the old system back, lethals are used to much!

Now - Everywhere, including prison, fed, and bank, come back as much as you want and don't give up!

I feel this was even more back in the days, people came back so many times to feds that insted of pulling out a HB they pulled out Quadbikes. Tho fight now may last longer with people just hiding on top of the bank building watching lather.

I'l drop my opinion into this cop debate because why not.

I personally don't see reducing the money earned from lethals as a way to prevent endless waves of cops, if anything I think it will increase it.

The reason why people get frustrated and decide to use lethals is because they come back over and over to players hiding in the same tower/roof just quick peaking anybody that tries to get close. Yes some people lethal people all willy-nilly like but when it comes to cop there are plenty of broken things I would rather fixed first.

Want cops to stop zerg rushing? Only give them a protector to start with no matter the rank. Or better yet just a po7. Once I started buying gear every time, I valued my life a lot more.

Or just give cops MRPL Compacts, the criminals will burn!JU6RSu4.gif

Edited by Legit
4 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Just get in that orca and take off. I dont think Ive ever had troubles getting away, except for when people "just want to kill 1 more ".

Then what is the reason of playing cop? You need some sort of reason to get people to play cop, if not, there will be so few cops on.

And how about the advantage for cops with mk1s vs anyone that is not a rebel with carrier lite, those with rooks and slash bandolier? 

If it can be abused, it will be abused, and its not just a few bad apples. Its something that have happened with every cool things cop have gotten, its been abused

Be an admin again.

4 hours ago, Budbringer said:

And how about the advantage for cops with mk1s vs anyone that is not a rebel with carrier lite, those with rooks and slash bandolier? 

Dude really? The old "oo what about mk1 against pistol bangers" argument, this argument is uterly trash, you know why? Because no MATTER if cop has MK1, MXM, MX, MXC, the pistol banger will get downed the same way if he had that mk1, like this argument is just so bad, I don't even know why would anyone even would bring it up. The only difference would be if a cop would at first had a sting then got equipped with MK1.

Edited by Pentax
Just now, Pentax said:

Dude really? The old "oo what about mk1 against pistol bangers" argument, this argument is uterly trash you know why? Because no MATTER if cop has MXM, MX, MXC, the pistol banger will get downed the same way if he had that mk1, like this argument is just so bad, I don't even know why would anyone even would bring it up.

So going against a pistol and going against a mk 1 has no difference?

1 minute ago, Frizzy said:

So going against a pistol and going against a mk 1 has no difference?

That's not what me or Budbringer talked about. Budbringer pointed out an argument which literally makes no sense of how a cop would gain advantage if he had MK1 against a pistol banger. NO HE WOULD NOT GET ANY ADVANTAGE, you know why? Because if the cop has Mk1, mxm, mx, mxc the pistol banger would literally get downed in 1 hit ANYWAY.

Edited by Pentax
Just now, Pentax said:

That's not what or budbringer talked about. Budbringer pointed out an argument which literally makes no sense of how a cop would gain advantage if he had MK1 against a pistol banger. NO HE WOULD NOT GET ANY ADVANTAGE, you know why? Because if the cop has Mk1, mxm, mx, mxc the pistol banger would literally get downed in 1 hit ANYWAY.

I see what you are saying now.

Pentax likes this
7 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Bottom line:

Too many instances wherein cop zerg tactics completely prevent the Rebels from being able to run. Oh, you want to get to a car and go? Too bad, the next wave is already here!

We're working on some things to stop that. But I'm going to keep hush until they're fleshed out.

Institute a wave rule, where  ALL cops need to either die or retreat back to HQ for reinforcements.  Not that difficult. 

Edited by HotWings
Haych likes this

I play cop on 5 a lot, and to be honest i hear ppl in ts even before we get to a bank or whatever ask if we can go lethal's. This needs to change, I personally don't care to lethal seeing yes i do enjoy the rp, and the last time i tried to with a corpse it was one sided. Honestly i feel the payouts for lethal should just go away, but on the flip side of the coin remove the pardoning. This way it stays balanced for both sides. 

The combat seizes i personally don't use It make for a better rp experience when we get back to the hq and i cut your straps and add it to my collection of rusting evidence pile that my csi department is still test firing to match up to other unsolved cases.

As far as the zurging on 5 at times its hard just to get guys to show up, seeing they have been getting the faces handed to them being rolled by groups of rebels non stop. I just tell them go when you die return to your city dutys. I can say on other servers though that wasn't the issue and the zurg is real at times there.

7 minutes ago, jack tapper said:

I play cop on 5 a lot, and to be honest i hear ppl in ts even before we get to a bank or whatever ask if we can go lethal's. This needs to change, I personally don't care to lethal seeing yes i do enjoy the rp, and the last time i tried to with a corpse it was one sided. Honestly i feel the payouts for lethal should just go away, but on the flip side of the coin remove the pardoning. This way it stays balanced for both sides. 

The combat seizes i personally don't use It make for a better rp experience when we get back to the hq and i cut your straps and add it to my collection of rusting evidence pile that my csi department is still test firing to match up to other unsolved cases.

As far as the zurging on 5 at times its hard just to get guys to show up, seeing they have been getting the faces handed to them being rolled by groups of rebels non stop. I just tell them go when you die return to your city dutys. I can say on other servers though that wasn't the issue and the zurg is real at times there.

You sir are a rare breed

2 hours ago, Pentax said:

Dude really? The old "oo what about mk1 against pistol bangers" argument, this argument is uterly trash, you know why? Because no MATTER if cop has MK1, MXM, MX, MXC, the pistol banger will get downed the same way if he had that mk1, like this argument is just so bad, I don't even know why would anyone even would bring it up. The only difference would be if a cop would at first had a sting then got equipped with MK1.

Sure thats true against the Slash bandolier guy, but not everyone on the island run around with mk1, csat and carrier lite, there are people with less than that who would be hurt by that.

18 hours ago, Gnashes said:

There was also an inherent stupid in the lethal payout script that is now also fixed.

Max payout before was 150k. Now it's 30k.

Let's nerf cops a little more, maybe the cops will end up at Weed field trying to get money for 3 mags and a bottle of painkillers instead of catching criminals. What a crock of shit. I don't play cop for the money, but if you buy guns to fight rebels CONSTANTLY you need it. Eventually we will just go in there naked with PO7's when they have 3 Orca's 2 Hunters and 7.62's, let's give them a tank while were at it. So tired of the pampered rebels asses.

Edited by Phil.
10 minutes ago, Phil. said:

Let's nerf cops a little more, maybe the cops will end up at Weed field trying to get money for 3 mags and a bottle of painkillers instead of catching criminals. What a crock of shit. I don't play cop for the money, but if you buy guns to fight rebels CONSTANTLY you need it. Eventually we will just go in there naked with PO7's when they have 3 Orca's 2 Hunters and 7.62's, let's give them a tank while were at it. So tired of the pampered rebels asses.

Lethalling has always paid 50% less than arresting someone.  They simply fixed a bug and there is nothing wrong with them doing so.  The reason for the lower paying lethals is simple, it creates incentive for you to actually capture the suspect instead of people begging for lethals all the time.

Brutus and Big Bird like this
Just now, HotWings said:

Lethalling has always paid 50% less than arresting someone.  They simply fixed a bug and there is nothing wrong with them doing so.  The reason for the lower paying lethals is simple, it creates incentive for you to actually capture the suspect instead of people begging for lethals all the time.

I understand that, just kinda seems like every time I turn around cops are getting nerfed again. Rebels continue to get improved while cops get the same or less than what they had before. If it was already at 50% what was the reasoning for it to go down to 20%? This will just make cops not spend money on gear and just use default loadouts more than they do now.

10 minutes ago, Phil. said:

I understand that, just kinda seems like every time I turn around cops are getting nerfed again. Rebels continue to get improved while cops get the same or less than what they had before. If it was already at 50% what was the reasoning for it to go down to 20%? This will just make cops not spend money on gear and just use default loadouts more than they do now.

Fixing a bug is not a nerf lol

33 minutes ago, Phil. said:

I've never been in need of money on cop. If you're spending so much money on cheap loadouts that you're seeing your account go downhill you gotta check yourself. 

Normally i see a passive income on cop and get huge payouts when i arrest a couple of bounties as the solo cop online.

Cops aren't needing any additions right now. You're making this sound like a cheap kavala newspaper drama story that ended up on the last page. 

13 minutes ago, Phil. said:

The reasoning was, several gang members were camping an illegal area.... There were 12+ cops on and around 8 of this gang...

Instead of actually trying to deploy any tactics, there were 2 (as gnashes put it "unnamed apd officers") who would try to sneak up there and pick off the high target bounties, with lethals, get killed re-spawn and repeat, this happened atleast 6 times.. They had default loadouts and were just buying lethals trying to farm bounties...

9 hours ago, Olivia said:

I've said it before and I said it again, if you're surprised that cops return to the scene for a 2nd, 3rd, 8th, 15th time, then you don't understand how engagements work, because escaping and getting out of the fed/bank/prison/firefight is an essential part of the win condition.  If you're still in the same spot when the cops return for the 8th time, you should have gotten the hell out of dodge a long time ago.  (And if they were taking that long to lethal you, sounds like they made a real honest attempt to catch you.)

You can't just start a prison break, kill one wave of cops and expect to "win".  (If that was the intended design, Paratus would have enforced a new life ruling a long time ago.)  You gotta get out of the prison and get out alive to win. 

I don't mind the reduced payout from lethals, but that never affected my decision to go lethal in the past so it will continue to not affect me.  Maybe the money hungry rebels who play cop once a month will think twice before going lethal, and if that's the intended purpose of the change then yes I hope it does exactly that.

(This isnt directed at you specifically)

Back when I started playing cop, arresting the bad guy was an essential part of winning. That was when the lethal script always failed and no one got paid. Once the script became more reliable, me and many others got leathaled 4 out of 5 times and the cop meta changed from coordination and team work to the better players baiting the meatshields. 

I can understand why a career cop would be upset with the changes. I mean, now they can no longer farm kills and get paid well for it and might actually have to play a little civ to grind like the rest of us. 

Hopefully this shifts the meta back towards the way it use to be. And is the first of the balancing changes that was promised with the group cap patch.

Sjuol likes this
1 minute ago, Kajun said:

The reasoning was, several gang members were camping an illegal area.... There were 12+ cops on and around 8 of this gang...

Instead of actually trying to deploy any tactics, there were 2 (as gnashes put it "unnamed apd officers") who would try to sneak up there and pick off the high target bounties, with lethals, get killed re-spawn and repeat, this happened atleast 6 times.. They had default loadouts and were just buying lethals trying to farm bounties...

No, that happened and then Bamf who was playing with them realised that the payout is highed than IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. So he FIXED the percentage of reward awarded by lethals. 

Has nothing to do with that situation or cops comming back. Bamf himself said this... 

Just now, Midamaru said:

No, that happened and then Bamf who was playing with them realised that the payout is highed than IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE. So he FIXED the percentage of reward awarded by lethals. 

Has nothing to do with that situation or cops comming back. Bamf himself said this... 

Ok, just keep telling your self that... What do you think led to him looking at the code.... 

:rolleyes:

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
18 minutes ago, Phil. said:

personally I would give up all bounty pay as a cop for free loadouts.  The balance to that would be you are required to manually regear every death.  You would spawn with a p07 and slash bandoleer.  All other equipment would need to be checked out of the locker.

4 minutes ago, Kajun said:

Those people are usually gang members looking for a quick payday. Totally disagree with the tactic and certainly would not let them do that if I was highest rank present.

Rag and Midamaru like this
6 minutes ago, Kajun said:

Ok, just keep telling your self that... What do you think led to him looking at the code.... 

:rolleyes:

The moment he saw that a too big of a cut being paid.

Or what do you really assume, someone with access to unlimited money got salty and changed the code? :shrug:

P.s. The reward for lethaling was 10-20% before for a long time till 6.0

Edited by Midamaru
1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

The moment he was too big of a cut being paid.

Or what do you really assume, someone with access to unlimited money got salty and changed the code? :shrug:

Please, Gnashes has had many a broken code fixed and its not because he was salty lol.

34 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

I've never been in need of money on cop. If you're spending so much money on cheap loadouts that you're seeing your account go downhill you gotta check yourself. 

Normally i see a passive income on cop and get huge payouts when i arrest a couple of bounties as the solo cop online.

Cops aren't needing any additions right now. You're making this sound like a cheap kavala newspaper drama story that ended up on the last page. 

Oh ok, let's give the other faction all the new stuff while giving the people that actually enjoy playing cop nothing. Seems fair :shrug:

33 minutes ago, Kajun said:

No one had a problem with it until this. Don't remove the system, remove the bad apples.

Edited by Phil.
18 hours ago, bamf said:

I don't accept your premise Jimmy.  The number of times those APD officers came back to a scene that they had no chance of "winning" other than by lethaling people one at a time was appalling.  It's that sort of mentality that drives newer players from servers - so I fixed it.  

30 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

Although I see where Bamf is coming from with his response Midamaru I think it is naive to say that that  particular situation did not contribute to the fix of what was already supposed to be the way it is now. Just felt the need to point out the obvious kind of like you did to me :).

Edited by Frizzy