Change log 7.5.1

bamf

1 minute ago, Frizzy said:

-1 Sounds like ONE bad experience with certain people caused this to happen MAYBE APD should hold briefings on not coming back 8 times in a row (If they are not in the middle of a town of course causing mayhem) 

Altis is 270km2. The idea (from the very beginning, late 2013, early 2014) is there's a lot of cops on an island that big, especially in Greece. Not just 10-15 cops, but likely hundreds. It's on the rebels to decide when to leave the area. The police are a never-ending force, and are in part, a money sink for the servers. They're intended to find you, catch you, and make you lose money. Either through tickets, jail time (wasting your time = money), seizing your gear, or you just straight dying to them.

It's the cycle of Asylum. Gather money, spend money on gear, have fun with the gear, eventually lose it via other rebels, or cops.

The only way you don't lose the gear is if you make the smart decision of when you get the hell out before more cops come.

An NLR cannot be enforced unless it's done by all sides. APD Leadership, Admins, and Developers.

Sergio and Frizzy like this
1 minute ago, Durga said:

Altis is 270km2. The idea (from the very beginning, late 2013, early 2014) is there's a lot of cops on an island that big, especially in Greece. Not just 10-15 cops, but likely hundreds. It's on the rebels to decide when to leave the area. The police are a never-ending force, and are in part, a money sink for the servers. They're intended to find you, catch you, and make you lose money. Either through tickets, jail time (wasting your time = money), seizing your gear, or you just straight dying to them.

It's the cycle of Asylum. Gather money, spend money on gear, have fun with the gear, eventually lose it via other rebels, or cops.

The only way you don't lose the gear is if you make the smart decision of when you get the hell out before more cops come.

An NLR cannot be enforced unless it's done by all sides. APD Leadership, Admins, and Developers.

all those officers, and you still had to add combat seizing back

7 minutes ago, Durga said:

I've not been around that long but I agree 100%. I've seen it posted numerous times with people complaining about cops returning to a situation. We're supposed to give the impression of a larger police force than what we are. I don't think a NLR should be in effect based off of certain circumstances (I definitely don't think it would be okay to die and have to spawn at the furthest HQ from where we were fighting as mentioned previously by someone else).

As far as lethals go, I don't know what server this happens on but on the server I play on, lethals are only used in a "have to" situation. Accidents happen from time to time but our SGTs and LTs are extremely good at keeping their cool and not letting people go lethals because "fuck it".

As far is decreased pay, I would be fine with that if you could find a way to stop quick peaking. I mean, come on. I roll up to a PB. 2 guys in each deer stand crouching. They get their cross hairs ready and quick peak, respawn! Die a few more times because quick peaking is totally realistic and then what do ya know, lethals authorized on deer stand. But now pay is decreased for lethals? Well, if we work extra hard, we might be able to just sneak up there and down those guys

All these cops salty over not being able to lethal everyone and get paid as if they turned them in.

Wild idea: Fucking push and you don't have to worry about lethaling.

Playing cop is aids because every constable will sit on top of first ATM yet over half can't land a shot beyond 100m

Edited by Parker
Term likes this
9 minutes ago, Parker said:

All these cops salty over not being able to lethal everyone and get paid as if they turned them in.

Wild idea: Fucking push and you don't have to worry about lethaling.

Playing cop is aids because every constable will sit on top of first ATM yet under half can't land a shot beyond 100m

Nah, then we get nothing. You'd be surprised how many people will just jump off a building or nade themselves to avoid being downed. Really sucks because then the people who wanted to lethal will just be like "Told you so"

Edited by Dpatt711
36 minutes ago, Durga said:

I agree as much as people like to complain about police being OP in all actuality they are NOT! Causing that much chaos IRL you would not last half as long. (I understand its a game) Altis needs police not only is it 50% of game play but it is crucial to the balance system. (making money/losing money) In no way was I suggesting new life rule because I strongly disagree in that and with adding in "certain circumstances" there will just be more confusion resulting in more points/blacklisting. If you are a career rebel and you can not have free roam to cause terror in Altis it is working as intended! Lethals are not used enough in my opinion one can argue to just push at PBs/banks/feds but any experienced Asylum player is going to know with the way end game content is set up that is easier said than done. Pushing in an open field where the rebels can just quick peek to kill any cop pushing in a vehicle especially is not ideal for the police.

Edited by Frizzy
7 minutes ago, Furnie Mack said:

At least we know why Dpatt plays cop.

I just said I wanted less nerfs and more rewards for actually ticketing/jailing people. In fact I would prefer to not get money from jailing people, but have more straight to jail offenses. 

Edited by Dpatt711
3 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

Nah, then we get nothing. You'd be surprised how many people will just jump off a building or nade themselves to avoid being downed.

No, just rush it and down people on the lower floors. 3 competent people can take out the lower floors, some just choose to be utterly useless.

3 minutes ago, Parker said:

No, just rush it and down people on the lower floors. 3 competent people can take out the lower floors, some just choose to be utterly useless.

I'd say in about 25% of banks at least one person will suicide off of lighthouse or roof top.

Edited by Dpatt711
Just now, Dpatt711 said:

I'd say in about 25% of banks at least one person will suicide off of lighthouse or roof top.

Exactly. I was sitting at lighthouse at a bank trying to help down the guys on the roof. We got all but one so the last guy was all "fuck this I'm out" and tried to jump off. He took a lethal to the face before he hit the ground

I still think NLR for cops should work like this.

Prison / Fed / Bank - Unlimited Lives
Any other situation - Restricted to 1 life

Money making when wanted is the hardest thing to do on Asylum with the tracking abilities BH's and Cops have and nothing is worse than the same cops constantly coming to the field and processor a handful of times no matter how much you kill them. This is coming from experienced players, now imagine newer players and smaller groups, yeah, you can see how it can be a issue with them. 

Just now, Haych said:

Money making when wanted is the hardest thing to do on Asylum with the tracking abilities BH's and Cops have and nothing is worse than the same cops constantly coming to the field and processor a handful of times no matter how much you kill them. This is coming from experienced players, now imagine newer players and smaller groups, yeah, you can see how it can be a issue with them. 

Add more LEGAL ways to make money? Running drugs should not be easy.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Haych like this
3 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

Add more LEGAL ways to make money? Running drugs should not be easy.

It shouldn't be easy, but group money making is bad due to the aggressive dynamic market so you are forced to make money either on your own, or in a small group, and no matter how many times you kill the cops off, they will not stop until they lethal you and get your truck. I've had times i've defended off the same 3 cops around 7 times during a heroin run.

Its the same cycle, you kill them at the field multiple times, they return to the processor multiple times.

All I ask for is a change like that, or for money making to be significantly altered to where gangs and large groups can actually make money without being hurt by the aggressive dynamic market

explicit likes this
1 minute ago, Haych said:

I agree with you. It doesn't have to be strict NLR but be present enough to the point that people don't get steamrolled by the same cops coming back for another time. Not saying that cops are hard but it does get a bit annoying sometimes when they just don't stop returning. I never really thought about the newer players / inexperienced gangs... they probably have it hard.

This is a good idea. Unfortunately, as the past has proven, it will probably be blown off by the development team.

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
41 minutes ago, Durga said:

I still dont understand how this guy isnt banned, Or at least removed him from captain. I mean lets be honest the APD was much more about RP about 2 years ago...And then Durga came.

3 minutes ago, Haych said:

All I ask for is a change like that, or for money making to be significantly altered to where gangs and large groups can actually make money without being hurt by the aggressive dynamic market

Change how "Aggressive" the market is to make it a bit more rewarding for being able to do those drug runs! 

13 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

I feel as if it is their right to be able to commit suicide, in any method other than suicide button, to avoid jail time. When I play civ, I would much rather pay for a new loadout than sit in jail for 45 minutes. I don't completely agree with the current trend of "You are coming in[to my bank account] dead or live" (Not ensuing those who lethal those at banks, ect. are in it for the money]. With the addition of combat seizing, a nerf may have been in order for such aspects of the APD.

16 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

Change how "Aggressive" the market is to make it a bit more rewarding for being able to do those drug runs! 

I've been asking this for months. Devs don't understand how terrible group money making is. The Dynamic market is intended so people don't do the same run over and over again, however it is so aggressive that during group runs, half the group gets significantly cut payouts, and i'm not even talking about large trucks, i'm talking about a hours work with Box Trucks when you combine cops coming over and over again, it shouldn't be like that. 

Take a look at other servers, selling money is not a rule, but no ones buys it anyway because you can get 10 guys on, run meth twice, then when the market drops, you switch to moonshine etc.. whereas nearly everyone I know on Asylum buys money for fights. Thats how the Dynamic Market should be, not the way it is now. When was the last time you saw the larger gangs come on, on a daily basis to make money together? Doesn't happen, whereas it always happens on other servers. Make money together during the day, fight at night, whereas Asylum is, Buy money, and just fight, nothing else.

For the short time Elysuim played on another server, people would wake up early just to make money together as a group in Hemm'ts and Orca's, even though they already had enough to fight for the next week or so. All i'm asking is for some changes to money making and the dynamic market so we can actually use large trucks together, not get fucked by how long it takes, or get fucked at the drug dealer when we all get half cuts because of the market dropping after the first person selling. All I want to see is large group runs in large trucks to return, it will be better for both civilians and the APD.

Also consider the locations, like why on earth is illegal fields so close to spawns and main roads? I don't understand the logic behind that.

Please consider making some changes @bamf

Edited by Haych
1 hour ago, DaQuan said:

Also, as far as cops being "nerfed".  Give me a break.  The whole premise behind cops even having lethal ammo is to thin the herd so to speak.  Outnumbered?  Call for backup like you are supposed to.  Your job is to put people in jail, not kill them.  Cops aren't going to win some fights; just like rebels aren't going to win some fights.  If you want to kill people and make money, go fight cartels.

No matter what way you look at it the police force was "nerfed" they USED to make more money for lethaling people now they make less money! 

We all know that "putting people in jail" may not always be the case. The backup responds may take a while. Backup may not be available. Your squad may be the only cops on duty. Pushing fully geared rebels may NOT always be the option as you can see what pushing at a prison break or a bank gets you with an outnumbered police force.

2 minutes ago, Haych said:

I've been asking this for months. Devs don't understand how terrible group money making is. The Dynamic market is intended so people don't do the same run over and over again, however it is so aggressive that during group runs, half the group gets significantly cut payouts, and i'm not even talking about large trucks, i'm talking about a hours work with Box Trucks when you combine cops coming over and over again, it shouldn't be like that. 

Take a look at Olympus, selling money is not a rule, but no ones buys it anyway because you can get 10 guys on, run meth twice, then when the market drops, you switch to moonshine etc.. whereas nearly everyone I know on Asylum buys money for fights. Thats how the Dynamic Market should be, not the way it is now. When was the last time you saw the larger gangs come on, on a daily basis to make money together? Doesn't happen, whereas it always happens on other servers. Make money together during the day, fight at night, whereas Asylum is, Buy money, and just fight, nothing else.

I hear you man something that should be addressed at least. 

40 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

Most of the items on the market do not hit their massive reductions until 1500 of an item has been sold.  I would think that should cover most large groups even.  Perhaps we could be a little more lenient at the low end of the curve, but the intent is really to diversify what people do and not have them always run X.

31 minutes ago, Frizzy said:

No matter what way you look at it the police force was "nerfed" they USED to make more money for lethaling people now they make less money! 

Frizzy, really the biggest change was me fixing a bug that I didn't really know was there.  I started looking at the lethal payout code last night and realized there was a flaw in the way the logic was originally implemented. The max that ever should have been paid out for a lethal was $75k, but instead at times it was able to be more than that.  

Frizzy likes this
16 minutes ago, bamf said:

but the intent is really to diversify what people do and not have them always run X.

I understand the intent behind the Dynamic Market, but I believe it doesn't hold that purpose in its current form. From my experience, every time we used to do group runs, the first couple of box trucks ruins the market significantly. Possibly alter the % drop so it isn't as aggressive. The last people always selling usually get a hit as big as 50%. Hence the reason solo and house runs are so popular because the market doesn't hit you.

The fact that large gangs/groups simply don't do group runs together in big trucks just says it all really, as I said, large convoys on Asylum are rare. People will rather just buy money and fight. 

We all want to see group Hemm'ts, we all want to see gangs doing runs all day, it will even benefit all factions.

All i'm asking for is some changes to be made to money making so gangs will get together and farm during the day, it just doesn't happen on Asylum as people would rather just buy the money because who wants to spend so much time doing drugs together when half the group gets half cuts from a hours of work just for 2 load outs. Other servers don't experience this issue with money making, Asylum is the only server where buying/selling is so popular, isn't this something you lot want to slowly get away from? Changes to money making will fix that.

Combining this issue, with the fact that having a bounty attracting every cop and every BH to you without any form of NLR, adds on top of how bad money making is on the servers.

Edited by Haych
Frizzy likes this
1 hour ago, Corgi said:

I feel as if it is their right to be able to commit suicide, in any method other than suicide button, to avoid jail time. When I play civ, I would much rather pay for a new loadout than sit in jail for 45 minutes. I don't completely agree with the current trend of "You are coming in[to my bank account] dead or live" (Not ensuing those who lethal those at banks, ect. are in it for the money]. With the addition of combat seizing, a nerf may have been in order for such aspects of the APD.

The combat seizing was actually not a buff to APD, but rather in response to the dramatic price reduction of heavy firearms. Don't want combat seizing? Ask to bring back guns 10x the cost. That's what a lot of people don't understand, Asylum tends to buff rebels first, then tries to balance cops. 

Edited by Dpatt711
1 minute ago, Dpatt711 said:

The combat seizing was actually not a buff to APD, but rather in response to the dramatic price reduction of fire-arms. That's what a lot of people don't understand, Asylum tends to buff rebels first, then tries to balance cops. 

Everyone can play civ, not everyone can play cop so ofc there will be more rebel patches.

Also an mx loadout is 3k. Meanwhile in order to get reduced weapon prices on rebel you actually have to maintain ownership of cartel / turfs.

8 minutes ago, Dpatt711 said:

The combat seizing was actually not a buff to APD, but rather in response to the dramatic price reduction of heavy firearms. Don't want combat seizing? Ask to bring back guns 10x the cost. That's what a lot of people don't understand, Asylum tends to buff rebels first, then tries to balance cops. 

Dramatic is an over statement, it is very situational... Rebel vs Cop loadouts have a 22k or so difference for me w/o Arms, Turfs