Change log 7.5.2

bamf

In what world... did we ask or need body cams? I don't like even thinking about the concept of people using it improperly to spy on each other, especially if there is a hostility between the dispatcher and the officer he is watching.

We either need some more information as what I've said above could be improperly concluded or this honestly needs to be removed. It's a bad idea in general.

All cops want is Prowlers and Jeeps. Give us that and don't fucking touch us with an update for another couple months for all I care. The one thing we ask for that's just basicly a quality of life change is taking so long to happen for reasons unknown to me.

Like seriously there is a vanilla Arma3 black skin for the prowler already. Just give us that until the skins are made. As for all seats being gunner seats cops are fine unlocking the vehicle who cares.

Like do you even play cop? Or do you sit in a channel playing civ all day and think of cool things cops are just waiting to have! Like, totes my goats body cams! How did I not think of it before...

Unfortunately, despite the feedback I provided in the past and hopes I had for it, the dispatch feature has failed. There's nothing that can realistically be done for it at this point. It's honestly just a source of hassle for staff and admins to hunt the people AFKing in it, and that's about all it's good for. Sorry I know a good amount of effort was put in but it's just not what any officer particularly wants to do for longer than 10-15 minutes, and it's not particularly helpful enough when officers have become better and better at responding to 911 calls and stuff directly themselves anyways.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

@bamf Any ETA for when cops will receive a re-skinned Prowler/ Quilen or at least UC access to the original skinned variants. 

As soon as @Haych is done with the skins, I'll add them in. Feel free to buy him a coffee/beer.

I'll need to talk to @Paratus about undercover skins though. He's very cautious about giving cops access to the prowler/quilen as it is, and there will be some limitations. As it stands, I don't think they'll be added.

Edited by speed
TNT, Thomas and Haych like this
6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Giving cops a vehicle that a shitload of people can shoot from; is not "basically a quality of life change".

Just saying.

Im mean. If Im being honest @Gnashes, who cares if they can shoot? Its not much different from a humming or offroad. You and I both know its pretty shit trying to shoot from either. And even so. Let that happen. Remember when firing from vehicles was released? Everyone wanted to get in chases, unfortunately offroads arent the greatest of vehicles. Maybe this could potentially bring that back. 

(This is just my opinion having not touched Arma since before Apex was released. So I have no idea of the limitations/abilities of the vehicle. This is just my opinion from the outside looking in)

Edited by Axe
Olivia likes this
2 hours ago, jack tapper said:

Just a though, with the dispatch being able to watch body-cams, what keeping them from doing what some officers do and just afk the chair? I mean if there is going to be a reason for ppl to sit and collect their checks its going to be abused. The only Difference is now they have a "reason" to sit there. I say take a room in a HQ and make it an office like the Gov's office were higher ups can have this system and can be able to lock the door. I really don't see a reason for anyone below sgt to have this seeing we really don't have a reason to "spy" on other officers.

+1 higher ups only

2 minutes ago, Motown said:

Someday, I hope to read a patch notes thread where everyone is actually grateful for the work put in by our devs and contributors.

Its like the major bounty hunter update, everyone hated it and bitched about it becoming OP.  Few weeks passed and majority seem to love it.  With time everyone just accepts the change for the better :)

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Giving cops a vehicle that a shitload of people can shoot from; is not "basically a quality of life change".

Just saying.

Maybe it's not a "basic quality of life change" but we really do need a decent vehicle with FFV positions. It would also add more decision making to cops that could influence a chase or battle. 

37 minutes ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

When we ask for some updates you guys respond with: "There is a lot of bugs that need to be fixed we need to focus on that instead of other stuff..." and then you bring up apd big brother asylum edition that no one asked for. 

Looking at the commit logs, it took @Paratus maybe 2 hours to make it.

Just now, Dpatt711 said:

Maybe it's not a "basic quality of life change" but we really do need a decent vehicle with FFV positions. It would also add more decision making to cops that could influence a chase or battle. 

shut up u have no fingers anyways nothing will change the game or make it fair for you just keep crying on the forums xD

Big Bird likes this
3 hours ago, bamf said:

The crates won't be there because at the start of the week we will disable locking houses within 600m as well.  The thought here is that we can move cartels (at times) into more "urban" areas to allow CQC without having to remove ownership on large swathes of houses.  

Is this update going to roll out into drug locations and turfs as well as cartels?

You could at least have it so peoples houses function properly within 600m but they cannot spawn at it or have it so houses dont function properly when a cartel is contested but works as normal when its captured.. anything is better than its current state as its just stupid that you are limiting the use of peoples houses when they spent so much to get the houses.. 

2 minutes ago, Quattro said:

People have totally slung hunters and striders with them.  People used to be able to do it no problem.  Just had to hope the sling wouldnt bug and send the Hemmit flying into you.  Shame.

Never in the history of asylum, have you been able to sling a hemmt with a mohawk. 

Edited by TheRealLethal
Zoex likes this
1 hour ago, Quattro said:

People have totally slung hunters and striders with them.  People used to be able to do it no problem.  Just had to hope the sling wouldnt bug and send the Hemmit flying into you.  Shame.

You can't even sling anything above box truck with Mohawk... You're thinking about the taru/huron