Change log 7.5.2

bamf

1 hour ago, Motown said:

Someday, I hope to read a patch notes thread where everyone is actually grateful for the work put in by our devs and contributors.

Probably adding stuff that actually matters, and community wants; would help :shrug:. Don't you think so? Just my 2 cents. Nobody is being ungrateful, people just don't understand why add such useless features (even if they took only 2 hours to code, which could have been used for something else).

1 hour ago, Wang Liqin said:

Is this update going to roll out into drug locations and turfs as well as cartels?

You could at least have it so peoples houses function properly within 600m but they cannot spawn at it or have it so houses dont function properly when a cartel is contested but works as normal when its captured.. anything is better than its current state as its just stupid that you are limiting the use of peoples houses when they spent so much to get the houses.. 

This update is so that we can roll cartels into places that we couldn't previously.  I do have the ability to change both features independently, but the disabling of crates is so that people don't glitch into your crates in what would be an unlocked house (come next week).  We will certainly entertain having varying distances for all 3 features though.  My concerns are the following:  

1. Allowing people to spawn inside (or very close to) an active cartel is unfair.  
  2. Allowing people to lock themselves inside a house in the cap zone would be unfair.  
  3. Allowing everyone access to someone's crates when they can't lock their house is just silly.  

Again, I'm willing to make this more granular - this was just round one of the implementation.  This is so that we can put cartels in more locations.  You guys are thinking about what houses cost (and usability of houses) in an area that may or may not be a cartel soon.  

1 hour ago, Quattro said:

They're called Mohawks.

There is a great article here (linked from STS) that shows the weight that each type of helicopter can lift in Arma:  

Helicopters with the Sling Load ability:

• MH-9 Hummingbird: 0.5 tonnes (500kg)
  • PO-30 Orca: 2 tonnes (2000kg)
  • WY-55 Hellcat: 2 tonnes (2000kg)
  • UH-80 Ghost Hawk: 4 tonnes (4000kg)
  • CH-49 Mohawk: 4 tonnes (4000kg)
  • Huron: 10 tonnes (10 000kg)
  • Taru: 12 tonnes (12 000kg)

The Mohawk lacks the lift to get anything bigger than a box truck due to the weight of the bigger vehicles.  Paratus and I have discussed this at length in the past because I too love stealing people's vehicles and flying away with them.  We have a few things we can do to try to make it work, and I'll get back into that next week to see if we can try to make something happen.  

2 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Probably adding stuff that actually matters, and community wants; would help :shrug:. Don't you think so? Just my 2 cents. Nobody is being ungrateful, people just don't understand why add such useless features (even if they took only 2 hours to code, which could have been used for something else).

Perhaps we are laying the ground work for other new features as well...

4 minutes ago, bamf said:

Perhaps we are laying the ground work for other new features as well...

You know how many times such thing has been said that has lead to nothing? I guess this could be just a first test of how body cams would work, then it could be a feature for APD higher ups to spy on cops or something. Unless you're talking about completely something else.

Edited by Pentax
1 minute ago, Feenix said:

bamf bro, i understand how you dont like the idea of houses and people spawning there but my man @BrutaL @Wang Liqin had houses all next to church and we knew each time so we shot out their crates and killed them when they respawned. Wasn't a problem since there were out of the fight most of the time since we camped it to certain points.

Again, you are thinking about current locations.  Free your mind my friend...

Haych likes this

I'd love to see bigger payouts for drug runs (and even more legal ways of making money), medic money making buff, NLR for cops at drug fields (using these body cams as proof?), craftable apex weapons, larger group caps, less aggressive dynamic market so community group runs are a thing again etc. Oh wait all this has been asked for often but ignored. Carry on.

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
sakha, Rag, Feenix and 2 others like this
1 minute ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I'd love to see bigger payouts for drug runs, NLR for cops at drug fields (using these body cams as proof?), craftable apex weapons, larger group caps, less aggressive dynamic market so community group runs are a thing again etc. Oh wait all this has been asked for often but ignored. Carry on.

Group cap has already been increased and will likely not change. 12 is good. But +1 to the rest

1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I'd love to see bigger payouts for drug runs (and even more legal ways of making money), medic money making buff, NLR for cops at drug fields (using these body cams as proof?), craftable apex weapons, larger group caps, less aggressive dynamic market so community group runs are a thing again etc. Oh wait all this has been asked for often but ignored. Carry on.

^^^

1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I've lost count of the number of times people have asked for the above...

+1.

8 hours ago, bamf said:

This patch will go live on the servers shortly:  

• The APD has finally been equipped with body cameras.  Unfortunately we do not have recording capability yet, so only the dispatcher can watch what the officers are doing.
  • Spawning at a house within 600m of an active cartel capture location has been disabled.  Also, crates in houses 600m from an active cartel location will not spawn in.  When the capture point is not within 600m of a house, then the house will function as normal.  
  • The APD SPAR will now load rubber bullets by default for Constable+
  • Undercover APD officers with access to Pilot Coveralls will now have the correct skin displayed
  • Revived players with full inventories should now keep their headgear and NVGs
  • Added some additional cover to the new southern Arms Cartel capture point

The cartel changes above are to allow us more freedom in where to place cartels going forward.  

The only problem with this is, on server 5 only Wongs and Arms switch locations, being as I have a house on Drug and Arms, obviously they're both going to be unusable being as the caps hardly move on arms and drug is a static location. A more fair way to handle this would be if the cartel is contested then the crates simply shouldn't spawn in, however if it isn't then everything should run as normal. Cause if you can't access the crates to either move or do anything what's the point of owning the house? Along with that just removing the spawn point in general makes the house have no use what so ever, obviously, in my opinion it should be if a house is 300+ meters away then it should be able to be accessed but, I don't make the rules. Obviously it's special to own a house on a cartel island and its just like owning a house at a turf. It gives you an advantage in the game to capture something which benefits you and your gang. If the cartel houses can't be used then neither should turf houses. The big difference is that you can cap a cartel anytime but a turf goes up once per restart, so if you have someone spawning 100~ from the flag and running back with a rook or anything to capture it what makes it different? It's the same concept.

5 hours ago, Motown said:

Someday, I hope to read a patch notes thread where everyone is actually grateful for the work put in by our devs and contributors.

I don't think anyones ungrateful, but when the game has grown to such a stale point, and nothing changes, but when you do updates and do patches you fix/add the most minuscule useless stuff, it gets tiring. 

Although bug fixes are a necessary evil that must be done before implementing new things, we are just so tired of the same game, 6.0 was promised as an Asylum Innovation that would 'Change Altis for the Better' or somewhere along those lines, and in my opinion it completely ruined it, not just 6.0 in general but the patches following and etc.

No one here discredits what Paratus/Bamf/Speed/You...hell even Gnashes do, but at some point you keep beating the dog, (us) we're going to bite back, we just want new fun things to do, I can give you one example of this, and its Alcohol, you guys added Alcohol, I wanna say 6 months ago? And so many people that didn't play, hopped back on and enjoyed Asylum again, it doesn't take a complete overhaul of the game for us to enjoy it, all we ask is for more transparency with where you guys want to go with Altis and more complex things to do to make money and fight other players, if sitting rebels down and talking to them, although I admit sometimes it can be frustrating for you listening to so many people, is helpful to the dev's, then let's get something set up. I honestly miss the 'Golden Age of Asylum' where fights were plentiful, side chat was at a premium all-time-high toxicity, the servers didn't shit harder than a lactose-intolerant dude at an ice cream festival and the game was just FUN. 

If you want any elaborations, perhaps some things that could be improved/added I can write them up for you in a nice orderly fashion and you can pick and choose what you think would both keep the server afloat and be easily do-able. 

Edited by hamsham12
asiuxjau, Haych, 0scar and 5 others like this
6 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

I don't think anyones ungrateful, but when the game has grown to such a stale point, and nothing changes, but when you do updates and do patches you fix/add the most minuscule useless stuff, it gets tiring. 

Although bug fixes are a necessary evil that must be done before implementing new things, we are just so tired of the same game, 6.0 was promised as an Asylum Innovation that would 'Change Altis for the Better' or somewhere along those lines, and in my opinion it completely ruined it, not just 6.0 in general but the patches following and etc.

No one here discredits what Paratus/Bamf/Speed/You...hell even Gnashes do, but at some point you keep beating the dog, (us) we're going to bite back, we just want new fun things to do, I can give you one example of this, and its Alcohol, you guys added Alcohol, I wanna say 6 months ago? And so many people that didn't play, hopped back on and enjoyed Asylum again, it doesn't take a complete overhaul of the game for us to enjoy it, all we ask is for more transparency with where you guys want to go with Altis and more complex things to do to make money and fight other players, if sitting rebels down and talking to them, although I admit sometimes it can be frustrating for you listening to so many people, is helpful to the dev's, then let's get something set up. I honestly miss the 'Golden Age of Asylum' where fights were plentiful, side chat was at a premium all-time-high toxicity, the servers didn't shit harder than a lactose-intolerant dude at an ice cream festival and the game was just FUN. 

If you want any elaborations, perhaps some things that could be improved/added I can write them up for you in a nice orderly fashion and you can pick and choose what you think would both keep the server afloat and be easily do-able. 

personally im done until the servers can stay up for more than an hour at a time. Its gotten to the point of no return. I tried to weather the storm, dont say i didnt, but lets face it. The servers crashing is killing the game. 

Clint Beastwood and {BOA}Cole like this

600m is a little too much imo. If someone has invested in say a Arms house, they should be able to use it. Should be something like 300m, still eliminates issues if you're planning locations on top of more houses. My guess is a couple people own Spirit houses near Wongs? they'll permanently be useless? You can see the issue here.

My guess is your'e planning to have CQB Town Cartels in the future? I can tell you right now, that will not come across well within the Rebel community. 

Edited by Haych
JIMBO likes this
17 hours ago, bamf said:

This patch will go live on the servers shortly:  

• The APD has finally been equipped with body cameras.  Unfortunately we do not have recording capability yet, so only the dispatcher can watch what the officers are doing.

Hyped to see how this goes, this will help settle disputes in a heartbeat noce its working.

Y Inventory sometimes does not despawn, script is somewhat bugged.

Y Inventory is still blowing up vehicles, maybe have it so only your illegal items drop when you die and the rest drops when you get executed, say money lockpicks dirty money gold bars drugs etc drop instantly, rest drop on execute, unless you can find some item to use instead of suitcases.

@Paratus @bamf

5 hours ago, Meow said:

Posting this again. These are sexy ^_^

I'd love to have these put back into the game from back in the day, just as a normal rebel clothing everyone can buy from rebel. They don't have much more armour than the Combat Fatigues (MTP) and I personally love the look of the AAF Pilot Coveralls. 

f78a0cabcace47a9b42c96a54351fade.png220e14b6e2b637b582d7fe37be9c4e3d.gif

They're actually in the game. Change to rotor lip and you're able to buy them from civilian clothing store.