Change log 7.5.5

bamf

4 hours ago, bamf said:

There is only one main feature today, but it is one that has been requested for a long time.  

• Organs may now be harvested from dead players by choosing "Execute and Harvest" and having a skinning knife on you.
  • Organs are quite heavy, make sure you have space on you to hold them.
  • The Black Market is interested in buying organs from you.
  • You may only harvest organs once per hour.
  • Some people may try to eat organs - this is possible, but may have unpredictable results.  Raw organs can not be eaten.
  • The smell of cooking human flesh is able to be distinguished by the APD at certain ranges.
  • Cooked human organs may be sold to Wong's.
  • If you have recently butchered someone, or have organs on you, then the APD can charge you with cannibalism.
  • Cannibals who are jailed will go to the Insane Asylum inside the jail.  Inmates in the Insane Asylum are unable to request a trial or pay their bail so that they can get the help they so deeply deserve.

Lets fucking go, I am So glad you implemented this!!!! Cant wait to play.

4 hours ago, Olivia said:

Wouldn't raw organs sell for more since they could be used in transplant surgeries or experimental Frankenstein's monster projects?  Or am I the only one who would do that?  :lol:

well in reality fresh organs would sell for alot more then cooked organs due to the fact that cooked organs cant be used to replace faulty organs.

Leap and Olivia like this
5 hours ago, bamf said:

Cartel fights are going to be extra fun now.

I will restrain my enemies, kill and cook them one by one in front of each other while consuming the cooked flesh and force feeding it to them.  This is all your fault.. Lol

@Haych You like my RP bruh?

Edited by DJB
Haych likes this
4 hours ago, Paratus said:

It was never intended to be a primary source of income, but an extra bonus you can get if you're mentally unstable and the opportunity arises.

What about having the payment degrade if you do it multiple times in an hour? That way you can do multiple people just for fun, but only make like 8-10k max.

Edited by Dpatt711
23 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

Could you possibly add another step like you purchase an ice chest 1-3k with a one time use. Then combine the raw organ with the ice chest then you have 10-15 min to bring it to a hospital for an operation which would pay roughly 20-30k. If you didn't get it in time it would spoil the organs and you would not receive any profit.

It is not, nor will it ever be intended to be entirely for profit which this suggestion is.

It's to add a physical element to an aspect of roleplay that was just theoretical in the past.

Now when someone burns you over a campfire they can actually eat you rather than playing pretend. That's what this update is.

I approve.

Olivia likes this
4 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

It is not, nor will it ever be intended to be entirely for profit which this suggestion is.

It's to add a physical element to an aspect of roleplay that was just theoretical in the past.

Now when someone burns you over a campfire they can actually eat you rather than playing pretend. That's what this update is.

I approve.

You could lower the price but if the police catch you instead of saying I'm a cannibal or I'm selling this for money you could say I was sent on a mission to deliver these organs for a dying child.

kingtoad and bobby99 like this
1 hour ago, Haych said:

The removal of the exchange hasn't fully solved the server issues, but i'm noticing long term lag less frequently, could just be a coincidence though, I don't think its enough to justify the removal actually doing something.

I've been in the RPT files for all the servers all night, and I have a theory now.  If a server craps out tonight while I'm still awake, I will make a change to see if it helps out.  

Haych, Big Bird, sakha and 1 other like this
8 hours ago, bamf said:

There is only one main feature today, but it is one that has been requested for a long time.  

• Organs may now be harvested from dead players by choosing "Execute and Harvest" and having a skinning knife on you.
  • Organs are quite heavy, make sure you have space on you to hold them.
  • The Black Market is interested in buying organs from you.
  • You may only harvest organs once per hour.
  • Some people may try to eat organs - this is possible, but may have unpredictable results.  Raw organs can not be eaten.
  • The smell of cooking human flesh is able to be distinguished by the APD at certain ranges.
  • Cooked human organs may be sold to Wong's.
  • If you have recently butchered someone, or have organs on you, then the APD can charge you with cannibalism.
  • Cannibals who are jailed will go to the Insane Asylum inside the jail.  Inmates in the Insane Asylum are unable to request a trial or pay their bail so that they can get the help they so deeply deserve.

Can we have a title for butchering X amount of people? Kavala justice has taken a new path.

sakha, Big Bird, Reavantos and 3 others like this

Hotfix

• Big focus with several changes in server performance and stability.
  • Can no longer place a tracker from within a vehicle.
  • Can no longer place a tracker on another player's body.
  • Can now swap selected number of items on both sides of trunk/container interface.

Aside from stability stuff, all those 3 fixes were the work of Gnashes!

DJB, Haych, Furnie Mack and 2 others like this
7 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Fugitive pings have a hard-capped 4 Kilometer radius.

If you're not within 4 kilometers of something, you're not going to get pinged for it. That eliminates pretty much every Drug Runner except the salt flats from the formula unless you're hovering out in the middle of nowhere.

Please include speed cams in this <3 @Gnashes

Edited by HotWings
Olivia and Sjuol like this
29 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Hotfix

• Big focus with several changes in server performance and stability.
  • Can no longer place a tracker from within a vehicle.
  • Can no longer place a tracker on another player's body.
  • Can now swap selected number of items on both sides of trunk/container interface.

Aside from stability stuff, all those 3 fixes were the work of Gnashes!

Said it once and I say it again, @Gnashes for dev. 

When using the Y Inventory custom Key to access it on your phone, pressing use on say food/water, it doesn't update until you close the phone and reopen it. Been like this since the interface change to the virtual inventory.

Same thing when giving items to people. Say you have 8 Redgull, you'll click it multiple times and it stays on 8 until you close the phone and reopen it.

DJB likes this
17 minutes ago, Haych said:

When using the Y Inventory custom Key to access it on your phone, pressing use on say food/water, it doesn't update until you close the phone and reopen it. Been like this since the interface change to the virtual inventory.

Same thing when giving items to people. Say you have 8 Redgull, you'll click it multiple times and it stays on 8 until you close the phone and reopen it.

This was fixed yesterday in a hotfix to the last patch, and then we rolled out 7.5.5 so it was likely lost in the shuffle.

Haych likes this