Lock-pick Hotkey

10 minutes ago, Murmurs said:

Duuuuuude. This guy must not have been around when you had to bring up your backpack EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU USE A PICK!! 

Be happy you got a scroll wheel now

This. The scrollwheel lockpick is one of my favorite things that's been implenented. Doesn't need changing when the time could be spent in other areas.

BioHazard likes this

Sometimes the scroll wheel option doesn't pop up for me until I lock pick the vehicle a few times, even then there are times it wont pop at all. Also for people it doesn't pop up and you have to keep going into your back pack does you not?

Edited by aleco5
1 hour ago, Murmurs said:

Duuuuuude. This guy must not have been around when you had to bring up your backpack EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU USE A PICK!! 

You obviously know nothing about Arma. If you did you'd know that your client is constantly checking if you have lockpicks, if you're near a car, if you're restrained, if the car is moving, etc, etc. 24/7. If you assign it to a hotkey, it only checks those variables when you press the key. This isn't about ease of use, it's about performance and moving away from a poorly designed interaction system.

On 9/7/2016 at 3:50 PM, Murmurs said:

No one wants to play the game anymore. Everyone wants a hockey for example everything. They don't know the pain we have been through to get here.

Huan Lee likes this
11 hours ago, Sneaky said:

No one wants to play the game anymore. Everyone wants a hockey for example everything. They don't know the pain we have been through to get here.

So when are we getting autorun and autogather options? 

I understand the frustration with the scrollwheel sometimes. But honestly, we have enough hot keys for everything else. And i prefer the scrollwheel for the simple fact I dont have to take my hand off my mouse or movement keys in case I need to shoot or something

On 9/7/2016 at 3:50 PM, Murmurs said:

Man, I haven't played Civ since this has been implemented. The backpack lockpick was my least favorite thing about Civ.