Change log 7.7.0

bamf

@bamf @Paratus Crates still broken.

1. I bought a house and it had 3 crates in it. I can't destroy one of the crates and replace it with an ageing barrel. What I did first was destroyed the crate and soft logged. The crate spawned back. I then destroyed the crate, placed the barrel and sync'd but still didn't work. After I soft logged the crate came back instead of the barrel.

2. I tried to place a crate in my meth house. It only has 1 crate in it at the moment. It gives me this message everytime I try to place another one. 3c803d1a765fff3d78487efa28f14c45.jpg

3. Ok so I have a house that had no crates in it and it let me place a crate in there. Just didn't ket me change anything to a house that had a crate previously in it.

Edited by Goldy
3 hours ago, Goldy said:

@bamf @Paratus Crates still broken.

1. I bought a house and it had 3 crates in it. I can't destroy one of the crates and replace it with an ageing barrel. What I did first was destroyed the crate and soft logged. The crate spawned back. I then destroyed the crate, placed the barrel and sync'd but still didn't work. After I soft logged the crate came back instead of the barrel.

2. I tried to place a crate in my meth house. It only has 1 crate in it at the moment. It gives me this message everytime I try to place another one. 3c803d1a765fff3d78487efa28f14c45.jpg

3. Ok so I have a house that had no crates in it and it let me place a crate in there. Just didn't ket me change anything to a house that had a crate previously in it.

you need to go into teamspeak and get an admin to help you, they have a tool to manually remove the crates from DB. i had same problem, eleec and gnashes were able to remove them

4 hours ago, Google™ said:

@bamf 2 crashes within 40 minutes lost 2 ifrits because of FUCKING asylum = :poop:
Maybe we should make a deal with the Chinese to fix Asylum?

3 minutes ago, Pentax said:

Naa guys, "I think the servers are just being ddosed, because you know nothing could be wrong with our mission/server file and kick people?" :shrug: :kappa:

Since the Chinese ripped the Asylum files and I doubt they changed much of it aside from maybe the database tables and language translation, they should have the same problems as Asylum but don't. So what could the difference be between the two? Hmm..did someone say OVH? Asylum is definitely making a lot of money now, especially with this market + loot crate keys so there's absolutely no excuse for us not to be on the best hardware possible. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Google™ likes this
Just now, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Since the Chinese ripped the Asylum files and I doubt they changed much of it aside from maybe the database tables, they should have the same problems as Asylum but don't. So what could the difference be between the two? Hmm..did someone say OVH? 

You can't say they didn't change much lol, that could be completely untrue, until you will see their server file and their database.

2 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

A BE kick wouldn't come from the db anyway unless it stopped responding completely and I doubt that's the case. Are the chinese still using Arma2Net? 

I don't know, I don't care. I was just trying to quote and make fun of someone who constantly said "relax, the servers are just being ddosed, it's not the mission file or anything!" when we were telling to that person that it's not ddos issues.

Edited by Pentax
1 minute ago, Pentax said:

I don't know, I don't care. I was just trying to quote and make fun of someone who constantly said "relax, the servers are just being ddosed, it's not the mission file or anything!" when we were telling to that person that it's not ddos issues.

Yeah but DDOS is a convenient scapegoat. 

On 9/16/2016 at 10:32 AM, Tom said:

career cops enjoy the unlimited money. Not grinding 10 mill for it LOL

Right! lmfao

On 9/16/2016 at 10:56 AM, william said:

Im not grinding money, the only people with money cap lifted are career cops so not worth grinding on civ because money making is shit and boring for no payout.

This is a very good point.. I love cop so I will probably get my money cap increased but not getting that 10mil prestige lol im good

I would really like to see Asylum hire a short term developer to create a new UI for the server. One thing Asylum is behind in, and that is it's GUI. It looks very outdated and far behind some of the current Life Servers out there.

Try get in contact with someone like OPTiX, the developer who created the Arma Desolation mod and the new game mode which is currently super popular Rush Redux. He's GUI work is insane and I think he can do some amazing stuff for Asylum. Rush Redux is a good example, the GUI looks like something you'd expect from a modded server. 

After all, Loot Crates brought in a ton of money so it wouldn't be to bad of a investment imo.

Sylus Degalle, Azeh, Tiger and 3 others like this
3 minutes ago, Haych said:

I would really like to see Asylum hire a short term developer to create a new UI for the server. One thing Asylum is behind in, and that is it's GUI. It looks very outdated and far behind some of the current Life Servers out there.

Try get in contact with someone like OPTiX, the developer who created the Arma Desolation mod and the new game mode which is currently super popular Rush Redux. He's GUI work is insane and I think he can do some amazing stuff for Asylum. Rush Redux is a good example, the GUI looks like something you'd expect from a modded server. 

After all, Loot Crates brought in a ton of money so it wouldn't be to bad of a investment imo.

As much as you have good ideas

Server performance > pretty server

12 minutes ago, Redbull said:

As much as you have good ideas

Server performance > pretty server

Hence the reason they should hire a developer for it while Paratus and Bamf fix server stability. Or even better idea, hire someone who can actually knows he's shit about the issue we are experiencing. Server performance has been bad for 4 months, maybe its time no?

Corgi, Azeh, Don and 4 others like this

You know the new prison is bad when gangs only want to do it when they have a blatant cheater with them..

Old prison was great for both sides (in my opinion anyways), granted that cops weren't complete idiots, cops could get up against the walls/both corners and it would be a viable spot to hold/play, it was a great advantage for cops to have people on island, it was fairly easy to get to these spots too (car/heli/boat/diving/swat), one orca could end the old prison, @Hubschrauber is a great example of this.

Keep this in mind and create something similar to the old prison, use of an orca at the new prison is just useless, armored vehicles are almost a necessity.

• Remove the deerstands on the backside (Who's idea was it to place them there anyway?)
  • Remove the cluster of housing compounds, don't shove all of the cover into a 50m radius, range it.
  • In the field across from the barracks add ranging cover (possibly a longhouse/broken house combo similar to old prison, worked great), possibly a few wooden sheds at a distance.
  • Make a community poll/suggestion thread, try and see if there are better places to put the prison (the landscape for the current one is pretty bad to work off of), possibly get together with a few APD higher ups and gang leaders and work off of that.

Honestly, you could always revert to the old prison and work on balancing that (a second bridge maybe(?)), as much as I felt change was needed, this one was bad.

Whenever I find the time I will get into editor and find some locations / add cover that will balance the current location out.

can I be removed off of mod queue already I'm missing out on alot of likes, my knee pads are already equipt @Bilal Battu

Eyad likes this
13 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

100% Intended to be a grind from hell.

You're not going to get it lowered. That's why it was called a compromise.

Except for the part where the server handles precisely zero of that. That's all on your client every time you open an ATM / pay for something / get paid for something, and/or join / leave / get restrained / unrestrained.

U have no power here you filthy contributor :frog:

Crossfade likes this