Change Log 6.5.3

Paratus

Now that the whole hacking mess is behind us and we're getting back on schedule, here is this week's update!

• Cleanup will never remove dropped items within their first 5 minutes since being dropped.
  • Chopping down trees won't report that you're too far away.
  • When you chop a tree a pile of wood will spawn in addition to the timber you get in your inventory. This can be loaded into a vehicle for transportation.
  • You will now be less likely to lose gear when revived after taking additional damage.
  • Added more hacked in money blocks.
  • Police now receive the same amount of money from having someone pay a ticket as being arrested.
  • Turf capture radius check for other gang members has been greatly reduced on Stratis.
  • You can now re-capture a turf area that's been stolen even if you own two turf areas.
  • Vehicles pulled from a garage will now spawn with the proper amount of fuel with which it was stored.
  • A new sound effect was added for zipties.
  • Civilians who restrain another player who is not in their group will now be charged.
  • Bounty hunters can no longer restrain targets without their surrender.
  • Fixed a bug in gang bank deposits where the cap would be ignored. This will reduce bank sizes for small gangs and can even increase it a bit for larger gangs.
  • Made some action menu options more responsive.
  • Most action options will not show while you are in a deployed weapon position.
  • Blindfolds are now removed when you are sent to jail.
  • Removing blindfolds will now work much more reliably.
  • Fixed a bug when trying to apply painkillers to another player.
  • Reduced the "execute" safe-zone radius for all cities except Kavala.
  • All gang members can now see their war list, but cannot challenge, accept or cancel a war unless rank 1.
  • Houses and house storage should now synchronize more reliably, reducing a bunch of bugs related to either.
  • You will no longer respawn with money or virtual items if you disconnect while dead.
  • Boosted contrast. The game will look more sharp now.

Hotfix

• You will no longer get message spam when a rally or laser tag event begins.
  • Being revived will no longer remove all of your virtual inventory items.
  • Fixed bugs with accessing the virtual inventory of tents.
  • Fixed a bug which would cause contrast to reset to Arma defaults after certain events, like a speed camera flash.
  • Virtual items will again drop to the ground on death, as expected.
  • Changed the charge received for restraining another civilian.
  • Restructured gathering turtle meat. It'll work properly now and be a lot easier to target turtles.
  • The Lakka checkpoint has its SWAT sign-in and garage back.
  • The HUD will now always display the current name of your bounty targets.

Atmosphere, Steve and Olivia like this
Now that the whole hacking mess is behind us and we're getting back on schedule' date=' here is this week's update!

[*']Civilians who restrain another player who is not in their group will now be charged.

RIP bounty hunting. Get a charge every time you restrain someone?

Fun fact: This is a nerf to bounty hunting.

Before, you used to get the "restrain" option on people who changed their name, whereas your bounty list would give their old name.

Now, if people change their name and login, you'll have no idea what their new name is and won't be able to check by seeing if you have the restrain option.

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN ACTUALLY SELL MY FUCKING HOUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hype hype + ur bounty hunting post saved us. hail scott

Fun fact: This is a nerf to bounty hunting.

Before' date=' you used to get the "restrain" option on people who changed their name, whereas your bounty list would give their old name.

Now, if people change their name and login, you'll have no idea what their new name is and won't be able to check by seeing if you have the restrain option.

[/quote']

I'll add the name change thing to my list of critical bugs for BH. You're right, it's going to be a pain now for sure if they don't get an additional charge to put them on the list...

Olivia likes this

I'll add the name change thing to my list of critical bugs for BH. You're right' date=' it's going to be a pain now for sure if they don't get an additional charge to put them on the list...[/quote']

And this has been an issue for how long..... and will continue to be an issue for how much longer....#nofaith

And this has been an issue for how long..... and will continue to be an issue for how much longer....#nofaith

It has bugged me for forever as well, but it typically resolves itself in somewhat short order as the person commits their next crime. With the change to the mechanics for restraining today it has popped to the forefront a touch more - so I'll ask Paratus to look into the issue.

It's just going to take a little more detective work in finding a suspect. I mean if you keep tracking the guy and find the same random each time' date=' he's likely the guy you're after wouldn't you say?[/quote']

Haha, I wish the bounty hunting search function worked this way. Unfortunately, going to an area thats miles away, or maybe even in town, searching it, by the time you get there, they're either gone and

when you retrack every (what is it 10 minutes) they're miles away. You often won't find the guy like this that often, but when you do it's because you see the name and they've stopped their for a while/you're faster than they are.

For instance, you've gone from kavala to pygros, tracked fugitive, he's in athira, you go there, and maybe just maybe he's still in athira. His name has changed? What do you do then? Just wait until you find one guy in that area and arrest him? That could be a waste of everyones time. And by the time you realise he's not the guy, you go back search again, he's going to be miles away maybe in Kavala. My point being, I wish BH's had it that easy. They really don't.

But, this patch has made them also not have it easy. IM GLAD ABOUT THAT. It was OP, now it's not OP. But the name changing thing needs to be fixed and maybe a better cooldown on tracking fugitives and a higher chance of them being spotted in certain locations lol

Haha' date=' I wish the bounty hunting search function worked this way. Unfortunately, going to an area thats miles away, or maybe even in town, searching it, by the time you get there, they're either gone and

when you retrack every (what is it 10 minutes) they're miles away. You often won't find the guy like this that often, but when you do it's because you see the name and they've stopped their for a while/you're faster than they are.

For instance, you've gone from kavala to pygros, tracked fugitive, he's in athira, you go there, and maybe just maybe he's still in athira. His name has changed? What do you do then? Just wait until you find one guy in that area and arrest him? That could be a waste of everyones time. And by the time you realise he's not the guy, you go back search again, he's going to be miles away maybe in Kavala. My point being, I wish BH's had it that easy. They really don't.

But, this patch has made them also not have it easy. IM GLAD ABOUT THAT. It was OP, now it's not OP. But the name changing thing needs to be fixed and maybe a better cooldown on tracking fugitives and a higher chance of them being spotted in certain locations lol[/quote']

I bounty hunt all the time :P and yes its a bug. However it's really the pepole who change their name every time who messes it up. As Bamf said, it's going on the list to be addressed :)

Haha' date=' I wish the bounty hunting search function worked this way. Unfortunately, going to an area thats miles away, or maybe even in town, searching it, by the time you get there, they're either gone and

when you retrack every (what is it 10 minutes) they're miles away. You often won't find the guy like this that often, but when you do it's because you see the name and they've stopped their for a while/you're faster than they are.[/quote']

the cooldown is 3 mins