The Asylum Market is here!

Paratus

I've just now put live the Asylum Market page. You can use this to sell any duplicate crate items you've received, and to buy them from other players.

While our original design was to pay you real money, PayPal had issues with it and we're now giving credit, just like the Steam market. You can use credit from sales to buy items from the market or to buy more keys. You'll soon be able to spend it on donor levels, too.

This is a first build with minimal use-testing so I'll monitor it and feedback on its interface and such would be appreciated.

On 1/11/2017 at 3:55 PM, ShiftySlayer said:

@Paratus @Gnashes is there an ETA for the market to be back up? Idk if it's me or what but the website 404's when I try it

That's because it doesn't exist anymore. You get credit for duplicate keys per patch notes a few patches back.

4 minutes ago, Paratus said:

PayPal doesn't like marketplace systems, and refused us API access. So, nope, but you can use it for future crates and such.

That's pretty shit, especially with how bad the Donor Levels currently are. How about implementing a trade up system i mentioned a while ago similar to CSGO. 

4 minutes ago, Haych said:

So we pay money, get dupes, sell our dupes only to spend that money on shitty Donor Levels that are meaningless at the moment or spend it on more keys. Well that's shit.

Just now, Paratus said:

Ugh, will check that out now. Tested it a bunch of times with no issues.

Also give it a minute, because you won't get credit until the payment clears at PayPal.

I can't get in game to check at the moment but I think that happened b/c the PayPal transaction was canceled/timed out.  Browser crashed when I was completing the action.  I noticed that the item was no longer listed.  Not sure if I got it or if it's lost in the ether.

1 minute ago, TiLLeR said:

I can't get in game to check at the moment but I think that happened b/c the PayPal transaction was canceled/timed out.  Browser crashed when I was completing the action.  I noticed that the item was no longer listed.  Not sure if I got it or if it's lost in the ether.

Oh it's "reserved" for a few minutes.

1 hour ago, Paratus said:

I've just now put live the Asylum Market page. You can use this to sell any duplicate crate items you've received, and to buy them from other players.

While our original design was to pay you real money, PayPal had issues with it and we're now giving credit, just like the Steam market. You can use credit from sales to buy items from the market or to buy more keys. You'll soon be able to spend it on donor levels, too.

This is a first build with minimal use-testing so I'll monitor it and feedback on its interface and such would be appreciated.

Looking foward to this when I get home! Any thoughts as to when you will be adding more cool things to snag up in the crates? 

Google™ likes this

It does suck with the whole pay-pal issue, but what are the people who sell and have all this 'virtual' currency laying around going to do with them? Take @TheRealLethal as a example. He already owns all rare items from crates, he's already a donor 5, what is he to do with he's Asylum Credits? spend it on more crates only to do the same cycle again?

Add more items to spend money on. Coloured Ifrits, custom combat fatigues, more custom vehicle skins, etc.. etc.. The possibilities are endless. I know you shut the coloured Ifrit idea down @Paratus but it received a lot of positive feedback and believe me, people would love to see them in game and people will donate for them. You haven't even added the new Green Hex skin, people have been looking at the same Ifrit skin for 3 years.

4 hours ago, Haych said:

It does suck with the whole pay-pal issue, but what are the people who sell and have all this 'virtual' currency laying around going to do with them? Take @TheRealLethal as a example. He already owns all rare items from crates, he's already a donor 5, what is he to do with he's Asylum Credits? spend it on more crates only to do the same cycle again?

Add more items to spend money on. Coloured Ifrits, custom combat fatigues, more custom vehicle skins, etc.. etc.. The possibilities are endless. I know you shut the coloured Ifrit idea down @Paratus but it received a lot of positive feedback and believe me, people would love to see them in game and people will donate for them. You haven't even added the new Green Hex skin, people have been looking at the same Ifrit skin for 3 years.

Please COLOURED IFRITS @bamf @Paratus

savage (; likes this
  • 3 months later...