Change log 7.7.1

bamf

@Phantom Viper where were u when there was no combat seizing? I think the cops have a big advantage with being able to keep coming back to almost any fight in 2-4min don't even have to buy a gun they spawn with it.. we wiped cops at meth and wanted to finish our meth run and then here they come !!!!!!!!! had to refight them within 3min.... even rebels don't respond that fast lol.. cops don't need a buff they are fine.. and if u have a LT online and fighting with u he downs anyone with like 1-2 hits even with us wearing csats.. imo its fine. and I think its fair that now rebels can get their gear back. I know career cops like u may be upset bout a little bit more work on the job but... us rebels enjoy the change

Edited by bigjohn561
DreamC, Space and Vortex like this
36 minutes ago, TrashCat said:

When cops want to push, someone has to always have a car nearby to take the weapons. Makes pushing in a lot harder if you want to take the weapons during combat. Then once the event is over, cops need to go through 20+ vehicles to figure out which one the seized items are in to drive it back.

:shrug:

They don't need to search any vehicle. If you read the post it says "Police will not be able to impound a Police vehicle which contains virtual or physical items in the inventory." Impound all the vehicles and the vehicle(s) left standing obviously hold the evidence. Simple. It's really not that hard.

Also I'm a certified career cop:FeelsBadMan: myself, I think this brings a whole new side to cop. It means we have to value our lives a bit more, not just rush blindly and try to seize the evidence; for it to magically poof into the matrix.

Being a cop isn't about winning. It's about doing the right thing.

Edited by Crow
Mike Stmria likes this
28 minutes ago, TrashCat said:

When cops want to push, someone has to always have a car nearby to take the weapons. Makes pushing in a lot harder if you want to take the weapons during combat. Then once the event is over, cops need to go through 20+ vehicles to figure out which one the seized items are in to drive it back.

:shrug:

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Phantom Viper said:

My point exactly, people telling you get better or use tactics which is just not feasible when it's 2-3 officers fighting 5-10 fully-armed rebels. You might get lucky but really, you have less powerful weapons, armor, and people. Now instead of removing people from the fight you can't even disable them if your not near a car and even them if your not watching over your car all his buddy has to do is lockpick it and get the loadout back and now that rebel has lost nothing/risked nothing.

NEWSFLASH:

Cops werent intended to win each fight, or even most fights.. maybe that's why the gear is borderline free :shrug:

Edited by Professor Pericles
Monster likes this
2 hours ago, Phantom Viper said:

So then how's about when we send rebels to jail they stay there permanently for their crimes or have to be jail broken out, that's REALISM FOR YOU. Being able to seize weapons off people in combat is our way to turn a fight to our tide. Now I always have to worry about a car being nearby and then guarding instead of focusing on the fight which is already very rebel sided. This IMO is a dumb change meant to benefit rebels which happens in every update as of recent. I fear that soon the best weapons cop can get will be pistols with lethals only and will have to run up and try to restrain people. I mean that's realism bullshit right? Let's just continue to cripple the APD until no one wants to play it anymore because you just get flattened by rebels. This update should be reverted and we need at least some updates to benefit cops. This update going to remove risk for rebels getting caught be an officer that can sneak up on them because they can be easily freed and recapture their weapons and it is going to be a chore for cops always making sure a vehicle is cleared out. People say use tactics, we do and succeed, then we get fked because there are 5 other rebels nearby full armed and there are 2 of us and now we cant disarm someone. I really do call bullshit on this realism excuse, sorry but not sorry.

17907-768x461.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

Edited by DreamC
10 minutes ago, Boris said:

tbh I don't see why I don't spawn with a free mk1 as a cop???

i can't make meth as cop so i deserve free gear.

Then get on civ and make meth. cop is white listed, not everyone has access to it, and it was never intended to be your primary moneymaker. 

Imo: 

COP = quality RP

CIV = Better money, Stronger combat

maybe that's just the way I see it though

Monster likes this
1 minute ago, Professor Pericles said:

Then get on civ and make meth. cop is white listed, not everyone has access to it, and it was never intended to be your primary moneymaker. 

Imo: 

COP = quality RP

An interesting response, and I wasn't sure how to properly word my rebuttal, so please allow this video to do it for me.

Kettles likes this
57 minutes ago, Professor Pericles said:

Imo: 

COP = quality RP

Some cops have to uphold time constraints. Moneymaking on civ is a time investment and can often be done while watching videos/movies etc. Playing cop (should) require concentration if you are devoting yourself to another players role-play so it tends to feel slower.

Basically it is very easy to rack up CIV hours, but while playing cop you feel like you have spent a lot more time then you actually have. If there were no time constraints it would make sense, sure you crash a couple helicopters just go excavate for 3 hours and get it back. 

There is also the fact that some people want to make money while playing cop, without having to go out of their way to make money. An argument people rarely seem to bring up is the fact playing cop requires much more focus and effort to play.You have to follow many more rules, anticipate civilian behavior, and get verbally abused at least 3 times per play session. Cop can bring frustration and salt a lot quicker then civ. Some people just want to be rewarded for this without having to "robo-cop". 

It is why I suggested awhile ago cops get split the entire bounty value regardless of reduction, or pardon. It would allow much more RP and consideration to go into ticket pricing when every cop can ignore money. 

A lot of "robo-copping" is brought on by peer pressure. Cops that are moneyhungry can be ruthless if you pardon their catch of the day.

Miles likes this
28 minutes ago, Legit said:

An argument people rarely seem to bring up is the fact playing cop requires much more focus and effort to play.You have to follow many more rules, anticipate civilian behavior, and get verbally abused at least 3 times per play session.

Too true. Up that number though :FeelsBadMan:

1 hour ago, TrashCat said:

Too true. Up that number though :FeelsBadMan:

Not to mention you can't just "defend" yourself and insult them back. You have to act professional and take it. Or you can warn them a few times and send em to jail for 100$. Then they start right back up. When one gets close to you being able to report him for harassment his friend will take his place. Or they just make your experience worse by messing with you any way they possibly can.

Honestly maliciously attacking people belongs nowhere in RP. There should be no warning people, if they can't play like an adult they probably shouldn't be playing. 

Edited by Legit
30 minutes ago, Legit said:

Not to mention you can't just "defend" yourself and insult them back. You have to act professional and take it. Or you can warn them a few times and send em to jail for 100$. Then they start right back up. When one gets close to you being able to report him for harassment his friend will take his place. Or they just make your experience worse by messing with you any way they possibly can.

Honestly maliciously attacking people belongs nowhere in RP. There should be no warning people, if they can't play like an adult they probably shouldn't be playing. 

If you get bent out of shape over what someone says online. Maybe you should just turn off your computer. You complaining about toxic 12 year olds has nothing to do with the changelog. Nobody forces you to deal with those people. nobody is forcing you to play cop. You are playing on one of the only competitive altis life servers are you are expecting CG style RP. Sounds like you just take it all too serious.  

same logic with "cyber bullying" just turn off the monitor.

Edited by TheRealLethal

Weak ass asylum rebels get another buff, what a shocker...

Better guns, better armor, better vehicles, less rules that leave them at a combat disadvantage, no laser guns that give away their positions, and every event is setup for them to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault their position, but they need more, lol...

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Vhantom like this
1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

If you get bent out of shape over what someone says online. Maybe you should just turn off your computer. You complaining about toxic 12 year olds has nothing to do with the changelog. Nobody forces you to deal with those people. nobody is forcing you to play cop. You are playing on one of the only competitive altis life servers are you are expecting CG style RP. Sounds like you just take it all too serious.  

same logic with "cyber bullying" just turn off the monitor.

The argument of the ignorant. Once something has been said it gets heard. You can't say what should or shouldn't offend somebody, that would be entirely moronic. Hell people have killed themselves over just knowing the fact people are making fun of them, regardless of ever hearing it to their face. When cops are expected to roleplay every situation, yes there is roleplay. While it may not be serious and involve you following your character etc. This is still considered a "role play" game-mode. You are roleplaying as a criminal. I was implying that kind of malicious behavior does not belong in this community. Why should I have to turn off my computer, or stop playing a game I enjoy because somebody else chooses to be crude and abusive? 

Maybe you have been subjecting yourself to the underbelly of society for a bit too long. In reality the immature insults people spout to somebody they have never met, doesn't directly make the person "bent out of shape". It just causes a useless negative environment and really stops anybody from having fun. 

Fondly enough the people who tend to be the most malicious are the adults of the server, the kids just seem to run around spouting derogatory remarks for certain races. While the adults know better then to act this way, it is their only release to making themselves feel better because in reality they are usually the ones at the bottom of the social "food chain". The kids however are just being edgy.  But hey, if you want to uselessly attack somebody because they arrested you in a video game, go for it friend. I'm sure your e-muscle will grow 3 sizes. 

So say you are in a classroom and this guy doesn't like that you are answering the questions correctly and he is getting them wrong. So the guy stands up and very loudly calls you something very offensive. Who do you think is going to be sent away? You for being offended, or the person who tried to offend you. Or should he not be punished and simply walk out of the room and fail a test because "It shouldn't offend you anyway".

I am no liberal, but some things are obvious. (Especially that most of the information in change logs has nothing to do with the change log)

TL:DR I see no logic in thinking the person who is being insulted should be the one who has to leave. Unless it begins to effect how he treats other people. Saying "just turn off your computer" is just selfish. (Yeah this topic gets me warm)

Edited by Legit
Miles and Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz like this
16 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Better guns, better armor, better vehicles,

15k per Mk1, 10k for vest and clothes, and 100k for my ifrit. How much for your free loadout again?

19 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

and every event is setup for them to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault their position, but they need more, lol...

See, when we die, we have to respawn (assuming we dont get revived), drive to rebel, hope to god there arent people already there or else we'll die again, then buy a 30k+ loadout, and then drive all the way arcross the map to get back to the fight. This can take 15 minutes if everything goes well.

When you die, at lets say a prison break, you respawn with free gear, and drive 600m back to the fight. Literally takes you less than 1 minute to get back.

Phil., TheRealLethal, Tiger and 1 other like this
4 minutes ago, Shepurd said:

15k per Mk1, 10k for vest and clothes, and 100k for my ifrit. How much for your free loadout again?

See, when we die, we have to respawn (assuming we dont get revived), drive to rebel, hope to god there arent people already there or else we'll die again, then buy a 30k+ loadout, and then drive all the way arcross the map to get back to the fight. This can take 15 minutes if everything goes well.

When you die, at lets say a prison break, you respawn with free gear, and drive 600m back to the fight. Literally takes you less than 1 minute to get back.

Tell me more about how good you are in a game where you have better guns, better armor, better vehicles, less rules that leave you at a combat disadvantage, no laser guns that give away your positions, and every event is setup for you to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault your position.

Must be tough...

I'll gladly pay the price rebels have to match you gear wise, let me rdm you in red zones, no more laser tracers, and armored vehicles.

Edited by JimmyBeans
Vhantom likes this
11 minutes ago, Shepurd said:

I mean... To be fair, people who don't buy an mx are essentially cannon fodder.

12 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Tell me more about how good you are in a game where you have better guns, better armor, better vehicles, less rules that leave you at a combat disadvantage, no laser guns that give away your positions, and every event is setup for you to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault your position.

Must be tough...

I'll gladly pay the price rebels have to match you gear wise, let me rdm you in red zones, no more laser tracers, and armored vehicles.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

mad cause bad

Big Bird, Chau, Phil. and 1 other like this
3 minutes ago, Haych said:
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

mad cause bad

Tell me more about how you are so much better than "bad" people when you have better guns, better armor, better vehicles, less rules that leave you at a combat disadvantage, no laser guns that give away your positions, and every event is setup for you to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault your position.

The skill it takes to talk shit with all those advantages, whew...

Edited by JimmyBeans
Vhantom likes this
7 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Tell me more about how you are so much better than "bad" people when you have better guns, better armor, better vehicles, less rules that leave you at a combat disadvantage, no laser guns that give away your positions, and every event is setup for you to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault your position.

When I play cop I usually don't have an issue with anything you listed. The new bank and prison locations are aids so I can agree with that but honestly the weapons and armor are fine. Just don't play like a fucking idiot.

Just now, Parker said:

When I play cop I usually don't have an issue with anything you listed. The new bank and prison locations are aids so I can agree with that but honestly the weapons and armor are fine. Just don't play like a fucking idiot.

I'm glad you feel things are fine with rebels having better guns, better armor, better vehicles, less rules that leave them at a combat disadvantage, no laser guns that give away their positions, and every event is setup for them to sit in a defensive position while those with lesser equipment get to assault their position.

Can't say I agree, especially considering how much these bad ass rebels talk shit with all their advantages...

25 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Just read and get that into your thick skull. Ty, have a nice day.

9 hours ago, Paratus said:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We've done a ton of testing on this and can say with no doubt at all the the problem is external, most likely DDoS (and yes, I see a lot of you don't believe this and think of it as an excuse). We receive close to a dozen attacks a day which are large enough to trigger filters, and the majority aren't even that strong.

How comes the servers only go down when it's high pop and not any other time? surely if it's DDoS the servers will go down wether it has 80+ players or not. I don't think it matters how many people are on the servers, if someone wants to take the servers, they'll take them down regardless. These kicks only happen when the servers hit 80+, and a lot of the times, the server doesn't even lag. Many of us here have experienced what DDoS feels like on Arma servers, and the issues we have here, are nothing like that.

Nothing about these kicks seem like DDoS. Usually no prior lag, sidechat responds flawlessly, server works fine after the kicks only for the kicking to start 15 minutes after hitting 80+ again. Servers work flawlessly and never lag or kick when theres less then 80 players etc.. etc.. 

Or how comes Tanoa doesn't experience any of these performance issues? Are you trying to tell us that the 'attackers' are only targeting the Altis Servers? That just doesn't make sense to me.

Pentax likes this
5 minutes ago, explicit said:

@JimmyBeans

No wonder why you're a corporal. All you do in this community is bitch and complain 24/7. You've been doing it in the change-logs for a year+ now. Fucking pansy.

A look back on your completely autistic and fucking retarded posts;

0c8347d0001ac65576622b02a1938d63.png

6a6bb9a62ee22e5182e6591600067ee5.png
71537abf7ef8e7e86c96ee6913a952bc.png275d5a48733fadc0267a7ce2029a4d55.png

27d5fab8923b59eb5213dfbdc21259b5.png

cb4527f0b510dd17d9da12445c26d7ee.png
61e76c8e5ad3f2d7f141c890720ff03a.png

5981329c9011167a9b6edae050119a69.png

So hes basically a bunch of sticks.

Edited by W0LF
HardyBxoxo, Big Bird, DreamC and 1 other like this
1 hour ago, Haych said:

How comes the servers only go down when it's high pop and not any other time? surely if it's DDoS the servers will go down wether it has 80+ players or not. I don't think it matters how many people are on the servers, if someone wants to take the servers, they'll take them down regardless. These kicks only happen when the servers hit 80+, and a lot of the times, the server doesn't even lag. Many of us here have experienced what DDoS feels like on Arma servers, and the issues we have here, are nothing like that.

Nothing about these kicks seem like DDoS. Usually no prior lag, sidechat responds flawlessly, server works fine after the kicks only for the kicking to start 15 minutes after hitting 80+ again. Servers work flawlessly and never lag or kick when theres less then 80 players etc.. etc.. 

Or how comes Tanoa doesn't experience any of these performance issues? Are you trying to tell us that the 'attackers' are only targeting the Altis Servers? That just doesn't make sense to me.

It's more an issue of time of day than population. Admins can see it happening with tools before the kicks go out as everyone's pings will spike in a major way. Our server hardware is normally under very little load and each box has a full gigabit connection with nothing on it but a single Arma instance.

What happens is the DDoS begins and quickly floods the server. Following that, within just a minute or two, filters block the attacking IPs and you can continue playing. Your BattlEye client is sending a heartbeat to the server and if it happens to line up with that dead time you're dropped as the server thinks your BE client isn't running.

I've written a program which is promising and I'll be looking into more, but essentially it can monitor all packets and determine if it's Arma traffic. If not, it'll immediately block the IP at the datacenter level.

Bikstok, Monster, 0scar and 7 others like this
9 hours ago, Legit said:

Maybe you have been subjecting yourself to the underbelly of society for a bit too long. In reality the immature insults people spout to somebody they have never met, doesn't directly make the person "bent out of shape". It just causes a useless negative environment and really stops anybody from having fun. 

When i play cop (which is admittedly a rare case) i think its hilarious when someone calls me a useless piece of shit and that i should neck myself. dont tell me you let that affect whether or not you have fun in a video game.