We're changing data centers

bamf

2 minutes ago, bamf said:

Surely you must be joking about running Arma in AWS?

Other than the price (if that is an issue) I don't see what's wrong with it. I have a few CS:GO servers running on EC2 and they are great. I haven't done anything with Arma though.

36 minutes ago, bamf said:

Surely you must be joking about running Arma in AWS?

Edit:  The reason I ask is that trying to get something close to what you could run Arma on (which they don't really offer in AWS) would cost more than $500/mo/server. :P

22 minutes ago, bamf said:

Arma is mainly about MHz. It's 32 bit and overal just a crappy server executable. 

I see your edit. They offer some CPU optimized instances fully capable but you would most likely be looking at upwards of $1,000/month per server so thats a concern haha. So does each Asylum "Arma server" run on their own dedicated hardware or do they share? Also I'm curious about the specs of the servers as I'm not really sure what is required to run an Arma server with ~100 people on it. But anyway I understand that the price of AWS is unrealistic at the moment but I'm sure the new host we're moving to is going to be good and I thank you for the initiation on fixing stuff.

Edited by Kate
24 minutes ago, bamf said:

@Paratus and I are beginning the migration now.  I'm hoping we can keep this to about an hour of total downtime.  The website and forums will move during this time as well.  

Thanks,

Bamf

That means server 1 will be caught up with everything once you're done? Thanks again biggity bamf, really hoping this improves stuff

The game servers are back online.  We are still working on the web side of things, but I think things are looking OK so far.  

Remember:  You have to search for the Asylum servers again.  Favorites and recent server lists will not populate as the addresses have changed.  

9 minutes ago, bamf said:

The game servers are back online.  We are still working on the web side of things, but I think things are looking OK so far.  

Remember:  You have to search for the Asylum servers again.  Favorites and recent server lists will not populate as the addresses have changed.  

server 1 is all synced up now?