Change Log 7.7.2

Paratus

2 hours ago, Haych said:

Hence why a Dev/CM should put up a Official Poll to gather more attention and votes. Its no lie that the majority want the Old Prison back or at least to a location that doesn't suck like the current one

It doesn't matter, 90% of the community doesn't even engage in conversation on the forums.  Hell I don't even pay attention to them all much any more because its just 84% bitching, 10% montages, 5% trolls, and 1% legit ideas/discussions.  

2 hours ago, Frizzy said:

When anything on the forums gets overwhelming support for change those two points are always brought up. My point is this, it IS the majority of the ACTIVE users on the forums. Who for the most part are the same active players on the servers.

I see a consistent 400+ players across the 5 servers.  70-80 people is far from a majority, its a sample at best.

2 hours ago, Haych said:

Hence why a Dev/CM should put up a Official Poll to gather more attention and votes. Its no lie that the majority want the Old Prison back or at least to a location that doesn't suck like the current one

2 hours ago, Frizzy said:

When anything on the forums gets overwhelming support for change those two points are always brought up. My point is this, it IS the majority of the ACTIVE users on the forums. Who for the most part are the same active players on the servers.

never 4get the community came together and the exact opposite happened

Haych and Frizzy like this
2 hours ago, Maric said:

Let the devs dev shit bois. The devs are doing their best. Its not like they get much of a paycheck for the work they do. Maybe if the server had more funds the problems would be fixed faster.

Funds? Have you been living under a rock? Loot Crates brought in enough money to keep the server running for god knows how many months

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

ZFvN2xO.png

hey would ya look at that

That vote is kind of flawed though. Could have have asked instead. Do you prefer to hook up with a hot girl or an ugly one. If you are not @HomeTrlx that answer is very easy. My point is, the new prison suck, old one is boring because its the same fight for the 100000 time, and there should be a option 3, which say "New cool prison designed by @Haych" since he always claim to have every answer and know everything :)

7 hours ago, HotWings said:

60 out of thousands is hardly even worth bringing up....

That can be said about literally any video game.  Most people do not use forums and even a less amount of people post on them.  Going by unique visitors, of course forum users can be considered a 'vocal minority' but by that logic, no dev of any video game should ever listen to their community.

Lastly.  When people complained about server 6, same kind of shit was said.  Failure to listen to the 'vocal minority' resulted in nobody playing on Austrailia when the devs had a 'we know everything and can't be wrong' attitude.  Looked how great that turned out.

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz likes this
3 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

That can be said about literally any video game.  Most people do not use forums and even a less amount of people post on them.  Going by unique visitors, of course forum users can be considered a 'vocal minority' but by that logic, no dev of any video game should ever listen to their community.

Lastly.  When people complained about server 6, same kind of shit was said.  Failure to listen to the 'vocal minority' resulted in nobody playing on Austrailia when the devs had a 'we know everything and can't be wrong' attitude.  Looked how great that turned out.

Most communities actually very healthy forum users.  When I was a CM of a modded CS community years ago probably 90% of our player base used the forums and voted on polls.  It was very common for us to get 500+ replies to things.  Asylums issue is probably the toxic fuckers that constant try to make people feel like shit for posting shit they dont like or dont agree with:shrug: 

No one played server 6 because the memory leaks left in it by the map creator. many people loved it, but it wasn't stable for reason that were out of our devs control.  By the time it was fixed the players had already abandoned it and it was shut down.  

smellypig and Furnie Mack like this
3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Most communities actually very healthy forum users.  When I was a CM of a modded CS community years ago probably 90% of our player base used the forums and voted on polls.  It was very common for us to get 500+ replies to things.  Asylums issue is probably the toxic fuckers that constant try to make people feel like shit for posting shit they dont like or dont agree with:shrug: 

No one played server 6 because the memory leaks left in it by the map creator. many people loved it, but it wasn't stable for reason that were out of our devs control.  By the time it was fixed the players had already abandoned it and it was shut down.  

Toxicity is a major issue and if they started banning people for being so toxic, i'd be on board.  But it doesn't invalidate complaints about Asylum.

And the memory leaks were a problem but if people are willing to play the servers like the condition they are in now, I don't think memory leaks were the leading factor.  But resetting everyone's money, money making being faaar more grindy and slow on purpose, the map layout in general not being very good, no ACOG optics and some weapons and vehicles being insanely overpowered played a massive role.  Which none of these issues were addressed, granted some of them couldn't be.  But server 6 was a failure because of the disconnect between devs and their community.  Fucking Stratis had more people on it than Server 6 when comparing their shutdowns.  

51 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

That vote is kind of flawed though. Could have have asked instead. Do you prefer to hook up with a hot girl or an ugly one. If you are not @HomeTrlx that answer is very easy. My point is, the new prison suck, old one is boring because its the same fight for the 100000 time, and there should be a option 3, which say "New cool prison designed by @Haych" since he always claim to have every answer and know everything :)

WOW WOW WOW. YOU SIR ARE GOING TO FAR.

20 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Toxicity is a major issue and if they started banning people for being so toxic, i'd be on board.  But it doesn't invalidate complaints about Asylum.

And the memory leaks were a problem but if people are willing to play the servers like the condition they are in now, I don't think memory leaks were the leading factor.  But resetting everyone's money, money making being faaar more grindy and slow on purpose, the map layout in general not being very good, no ACOG optics and some weapons and vehicles being insanely overpowered played a massive role.  Which none of these issues were addressed, granted some of them couldn't be.  But server 6 was a failure because of the disconnect between devs and their community.  Fucking Stratis had more people on it than Server 6 when comparing their shutdowns.  

The issues with the Aussie servers were there, but adding stuff just because people cry isnt the right way to run a server. They wanted to encourage CQC, but rebels have accustomed themselves to snipe battles and most cant handle a up close encounter.  Bamf made alot of money making changes before the server went down, but it didn't matter because you got a mem leak and were forced to alt+f4 all the time making it impossible to actually do the drug runs and such.  Unfortunately these types of things are never going to be perfect, its always a work in progress.  People need to stop acting like they have some sort of say over what the devs do and do not do. This is their work, not yours. They ask you for feedback and do what they feel is needed based on that feedback. Its so agitating see people act like they're entitled to something because they're "part of the community" or "I donated".

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

So sorry that the devs dont devote 100% of their time to making you happy.

This is a business, first and foremost. It would be nice if they were to write a short statement about what's going on. It's just bad PR, it has nothing to do with making me happy in particular. 

Edited by ₴avagє
1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

(It's a hobby)

A hobby with cash flows; but a hobby nonetheless.

I'm willing to bet it is a registered LLC. Making it a business. Regardless, all I'm saying is it would be nice to hear from the developers from time to time when there are issues as severe as there have been the last few days. Does that make me a bad person? For caring about what's going on with the servers? Many people have a ton of time and money invested in their hobby and care about what's going on. While they may not OWE us anything, it would be good to hear what's going on. 

Edited by ₴avagє
KrazyKnight and Lightningxo like this
8 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

I'm willing to bet it is a registered LLC. Making it a business. Regardless, all I'm saying is it would be nice to hear from the developers from time to time when there are issues as severe as there have been the last few days. Does that make me a bad person? For caring about what's going on with the servers? Many people have a ton of time and money invested in their hobby and care about what's going on. While they may not OWE us anything, it would be good to hear what's going on. 

They have updates all the fucking time dude.  You act like they havnt said or done shit in months.  In fact Gnashes is constantly updating people on progress and working shit out when people bring stuff up.  Just because Bamf or Paratus isnt saying anything doesnt mean work isnt getting done. 

Edited by HotWings
1 hour ago, ₴avagє said:

This is a business, first and foremost.

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

(It's a hobby)

5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Asylum Entertainment ("the Company") is based out of Canada.

Regardless, I don't care what you consider it. We're just worried and care about the "hobby". If they need help, maybe someone here can help them. We're just looking for a status update. When a server has really bad issues since Saturday it would just be nice to see a short message about what's going on, etc. They don't OWE is that, but it would be nice. That is ALL I am saying.

Edited by ₴avagє
5 minutes ago, Haych said:

They don't even update their backers for Identity as promised properly, what makes you think they'd do it for their Altis Servers? lol

"THEY DON'T OWE IT TO US HAYCH IT'S A HOBBY"
-The Gnash

Don't you dare express concern or want for any type of informational update you selfish prick.

Edited by ₴avagє
ChicoXL likes this
4 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

Regardless, I don't care what you consider it. We're just worried and care about the "hobby". If they need help, maybe someone here can help them. We're just looking for a status update. When a server has really bad issues since Saturday it would just be nice to see a short message about what's going on, etc. They don't OWE is that, but it would be nice. That is ALL I am saying.

@Gnashes Sorry bro, all your hard work is going unnoticed.

BlackShot likes this
6 minutes ago, ₴avagє said:

THEY DON'T OWE IT TO US HAYCH IT'S A HOBBY

As I've said countless amount of times, I don't get why the title 'Community Manager' exists, when it should really be renamed to Head/Senior Admin as their primary job at the moment is dealing with Staff Recruitment and Admin Reports.

Developers should really do a better job at relaying information to the Community Managers so they can actually thoroughly inform the Community on such matters. Props to Olio for trying to inform us with public updates now, but he probably knows as much as we do when it comes to matters like this, which sucks really.

1 minute ago, bamf said:

Savage-  

S3 crashed overnight.  I was asleep.  I got up this AM and checked the servers (at about 6:30 AM my time) like I do every morning.  I saw S3 had crashed, and I restarted it.  

bamf, couldn't you guys give us updates through a steam group since it requires minimal effort and literally no time at all, this way we all get an update and we all see it

32 minutes ago, bamf said:

Savage-  

S3 crashed overnight.  I was asleep.  I got up this AM and checked the servers (at about 6:30 AM my time) like I do every morning.  I saw S3 had crashed, and I restarted it.  

I am more interested in the issue that is happening nearly daily (for the past few days, sporadically) with everyone being governor, all cartels being "contested" but not actually, and crates being gone, and crash to desktops a few times in the past few days. But thank you for the reply, you da real mvp.

Edited by ₴avagє