Change Log 7.7.2

Paratus

9 minutes ago, smellypig said:

i have a 300 ping as i live in Australia. i have played here for over a year and close to 700 hours. i donated to get debit cards. i have houses and everything. do i just give it up now?

Nobody likes playing with or against high pings. I understand where you're coming from, but we have to start somewhere.

I'm really glad Paratus has implemented this, because it was getting ridiculous. 

Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz and Rag like this
1 hour ago, lharrington said:

please remove the ping limiter,there is allot of people that can't play including myself.

29 minutes ago, smellypig said:

i have a 300 ping as i live in Australia. i have played here for over a year and close to 700 hours. i donated to get debit cards. i have houses and everything. do i just give it up now?

I'm sure once everything is optimized, and the servers remain stable as is, they wouldnt be opposed to raising the ping variable.

Still though, remember, you are the minority in a sea of players whose game play have been severely impacted by high pinged players.  You may be able to play and you may never be able to play.   

Just now, SFnader said:

Why not turn off collision from the items and just make them visible but untouchable

If they were free of collision then they would start falling through floors. I believe that is why the collision idea started. Die on any kind of structure and your shit hits the dirt below the structure.

4 minutes ago, Parker said:

If they were free of collision then they would start falling through floors. I believe that is why the collision idea started. Die on any kind of structure and your shit hits the dirt below the structure.

True , i didnt think of that 

Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Theres 4 pages of patient people that still need approval also....   

well from what im guessing, ( tell me if i am wrong ) only moderators  and admins can see my compensation and player processing post. and from what it looks like 9 of you have seen it 

8 minutes ago, MookyMook said:

well from what im guessing, ( tell me if i am wrong ) only moderators  and admins can see my compensation and player processing post. and from what it looks like 9 of you have seen it 

There are some things that require higher access levels than us, admins or developers for that matter.

5 minutes ago, MookyMook said:

@Clint Beastwood im not saying im impatient but if 9 of you have seen it, why is nothing said? you guys have plenty of moderators and admins on here why not dedicate some for stuff like that? 

We have to do other things before approving comp that sometimes takes majority of our time.  

52 minutes ago, Clint Beastwood said:

I'm sure once everything is optimized, and the servers remain stable as is, they wouldnt be opposed to raising the ping variable.

Still though, remember, you are the minority in a sea of players whose game play have been severely impacted by high pinged players.  You may be able to play and you may never be able to play.   

1 hour ago, BaDaBiNg_10-8 said:

Nobody likes playing with or against high pings. I understand where you're coming from, but we have to start somewhere.

I'm really glad Paratus has implemented this, because it was getting ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, bamf said:

Where do you live, and what is your typical ping to the server?  Most people should not have a problem averaging less than 300 ping to the server.  Honestly, when people have higher than a 300 ping the server performance for them (read this as other people interacting with them) tends to be sub-optimal.  

ok so what you guys are telling us is that all the time and support we put into this server was for nothing,thanks allot.

smellypig likes this

@Paratus @Gnashes May we get a response in reference to the addition of extra clothing like CSAT diving suit which I think would have been a better alternative to the "desert 6 camo" incentive to play in this new season. There's so much that could be replaced and added with stuff that's in the game I.E. AAF officer clothing which look atrocious replaced with Tropic camoflauge for instance PLEASE :) 

Haych likes this

On October 4, 2016 at 11:49 PM, lharrington said:

One question,why is this called a rp server if no one rps,I get killed every day by people not saying a word and to make things worse nothing happens to them they just keep shooting on sight.In my opinion this is not a rp server.I will give this server another day or two then i will go look for a real rp server if these kinds of things don't get admin attention.Don't get me wrong,this is a nice server and the few admins i dealt with were very nice but why do certain things get attention and the main server rule does not.

7 minutes ago, lharrington said:

ok so what you guys are telling us is that all the time and support we put into this server was for nothing,thanks allot.

5 minutes ago, lharrington said:

Its ok for you to ruin other peoples experience because you have a terrible connection tho?  They have banned people for that in the past, you should be happy they are giving you the chance to keep playing by correcting your issue.

6 minutes ago, lharrington said:

There are numerous services you can try to see if you can maintain a lower ping-rate to the servers.  Keep in mind this server uses "AVERAGE" ping to decide if you are unfit to play.  It doesnt kick you because one ping hit 250ms+.  You should exhaust all options before giving up.  

1 minute ago, Clint Beastwood said:

There are numerous services you can try to see if you can maintain a lower ping-rate to the servers.  Keep in mind this server uses "AVERAGE" ping to decide if you are unfit to play.  It doesnt kick you because one ping hit 250ms+.  You should exhaust all options before giving up.  

ok please tell me what those options are because i really don't know how to fix this.