Change Log 7.7.3

Paratus

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

Why fix something that's working as intended?

You also have to understand; Bamf and I aren't programmers by trade (as opposed to everyone else who's touched the mission file). WHen we decide to fix something; it might take us 5x as long as someone else or more. I've spent more time reading the BI Wiki in the last 2 months than I've spent playing.

43 minutes ago, bamf said:

There is an easy fix to this.  Paratus and I are just deciding if we want to fix that particular issue.  Basically, we are calling the script piece that looks at the cool down after the UI for the spawns is pulled up.  If we do that before, then the Kavala HQ would not have this issue.  

Alright, I understand. Thanks, guys.

2 minutes ago, Churu said:

Just a thought on that RNG with crates, add a guaranteed reward if someone opens enough crates, Say you open 30 crates and dont get coveralls, then you will automatically get it.

Doesn't make sense from a business side of things, they wouldn't have a reason to buy more crates, to possibly give them more money, look at Addon for instance, if he was given them after 30 crates they'd of lost out on ~$325 from one guy alone..

29 minutes ago, Churu said:

Just a thought on that RNG with crates, add a guaranteed reward if someone opens enough crates, Say you open 30 crates and dont get coveralls, then you will automatically get it. 

Jimbo gave a good explanation in why it won't happen due to a Business side of things. However I would like to see a system like this in place for Lockpicking vehicles in game. A Admin a while ago suggested something like this. Instead of RNG chance of getting the keys, with each lockpick you use, the % of you getting the key increases each time

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It's how shitty arma is at handling dead bodies as far as I'm aware, every other Altis Life server I've played has managed to make it work fine though, and seeing how asylum prides themselves in being the most developed altis life server..

tbf, i would expect asylum to have fixed it by now, maybe the recent updates have screwed up some of the coding etc for the fix.

or maybe asylum devs cant be arsed

probably the later

8 minutes ago, NotEqualTo (Eazy) said:

tbf, i would expect asylum to have fixed it by now, maybe the recent updates have screwed up some of the coding etc for the fix.

or maybe asylum devs cant be arsed

probably the later

Asylum doesn't fix bugs, they just smash a load of features in without testing/fixing later. When KBW was around, he fixed every bug people threw at him, even bugs that came along in Tonics og framework that other servers have had fixed for years now, I doubt we'll be seeing that again.

Asylum isn't Asylum without all it's bugs. Pumping features>Fixing bugs in the eyes of PapaParatus

Edited by Haych
Just now, Haych said:

Asylum doesn't fix bugs, they just smash a load of features in without testing/fixing later. When KBW was around, he fixed every bug people threw at him, even bugs that excist in Tonics og framework that other servers have had fixed for years now, I doubt we'll be seeing that again.

Asylum isn't Asylum without all it's bugs. Pumping features>Fixing bugs in the eyes of PapaParatus

tbf, not every server has flying ifrits

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt to talk to the community and ask for bugs once a month, look into & fix the bugs told, like what KBW did here for example:

This was great, very frequent updates, bugs that had been around for the longest time that simply shouldn't of been there in the first place were finally being fixed..

Edited by Jimbo

Hotfix 2:

• Rubber can now be gathered on Tanoa
  • The Sfaka Arms Cartel location on Altis has been removed
  • The Skiptracer base on Altis has relocated again, but is in the same relative location
  • Purchasing a bounty hunter license now gives you a firearms license
  • You can access the trunk of a boat while sitting in the boat
  • Some APD underwater gear is now whitelisted for the APD
On 11/2/2016 at 5:47 PM, Paratus said:

cabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabcabc

Ummm k ? xD

12 minutes ago, bamf said:

A bug was fixed the other day, but not all the things the cops should have had whitelisted were - so it went boop.That is now fixed...

Oh ok :) I thought you might've added something such as the CSAT wetsuit and whitelisted it lol

Edited by Ebola

@bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

Please add option to unlist house sales.

Thx <3

What I mean by this is if you list a house say for 500k then something breaks like for example crates bug, while you wait for them to be fixed make it so you can unlist your house for sale so it doesn't fuck further things up.

Or just in general if you don't wanna sell your house anymore.

Edited by HenryHoover
10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt to talk to the community and ask for bugs once a month, look into & fix the bugs told, like what KBW did here for example:

This was great, very frequent updates, bugs that had been around for the longest time that simply shouldn't of been there in the first place were finally being fixed..

That's what this is for. Except it's permanent, not once a month.

http://www.gaming-asylum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/78-exploitbug-reporting/

54 minutes ago, speed said:

I've been out for the last ~2 months, and it has basically been Gnashes holding things down on his own.

Also, a bug that literally can not affect more than 5 people at any given time is not a very high priority.

also thats an arma thing that those close are bugged and make your pistol invisible. Not just on asylum. Been around for 2+ years

Hey guys, didn't have much to say here sooooo here is a great recipe for Apple Pie!

•  
  • 2 1/2 cups (285 g) all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
  • 10-ounces (1 1/4 cups, 285 g) unsalted butter (room temperature), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 cup (115 ml) sour cream (use full-fat sour cream for best results)
  •  
  • Filling Ingredients:
  •  
  • 3 pounds of good cooking apples such as Fuji, Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Gravenstein, or Pippin (about 6 to 8 apples, depending on the size of your apples and the size of your pie dish)
  • 1 Tbsp of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (to toss with the sliced apples so they don't brown as you slice them)
  • 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup sugar, depending on how sweet you like your pie
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour for thickening
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Hubschrauber, Haych, Phil. and 1 other like this