Gnashes

Bugs and Broken Things

126 posts in this topic

Because this worked well enough when someone else did it and that thread is dead...

If you have found a bug/glitch, please post it in this thread and I'll try to get around to fixing it, or say why it's not an issue.

Bear in mind; I'm not a programmer. If something is broken beyond my scope of knowledge there's only so much I can do to try and learn how to fix it.

Obviously anything exploitable should be reported in the appropriate forum.

Google™, 6ix God, asdfasd and 3 others like this

2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Because this worked well enough when someone else did it and that thread is dead...

If you have found a bug/glitch, please post it in this thread and I'll try to get around to fixing it, or say why it's not an issue.

Bear in mind; I'm not a programmer. If something is broken beyond my scope of knowledge there's only so much I can do to try and learn how to fix it.

Magazines despawning when you get into Helicopters and qilins/prowlers

Dredd, ρhantom, Flameless and 2 others like this

COP:

Whenever you spawn in or get revived, the mags you had into your weapon and pistol, will be back in your inventory.

The pilot/driver does not get pulled out of blown up vehicles when that vehicle despawns.

If you get a trial in the new prison and/or play laser tag, you will be teleported into the water underneath the prison afterwards, you will drown and your time will reset to 45 minutes.

If you shoot within the last minute of restart you risk losing your gear.

Speed said he already fixed ifrits & striders not spawning with smokes but @bamf is yet to push the update, it'd be nice if that was brought up.

19 minutes ago, signal said:

Magazines despawning when you get into Helicopters and qilins/prowlers

Is an Arma bug, not an Asylum bug. At least to the best of my knowledge.

16 minutes ago, Zelthius said:

COP:

Whenever you spawn in or get revived, the mags you had into your weapon and pistol, will be back in your inventory.

By design. It's either that, or you risk losing shit like NVGs or weapon attachments. I'll look into seeing if there's a force reload command.

Zelthius likes this

Just now, Gnashes said:

By design. It's either that, or you risk losing shit like NVGs or weapon attachments. I'll look into seeing if there's a force reload command.

The issue is that if you have full inventory, you will lose 1 item, which causes me to lose the First aid kit Im carrying :(

Another bug with the regearing is that you dont really regear with your loadout. You get a bunch of half full mags. Would be nice if you could save your loadout and get that loadout, so you dont regear and get half full mags and are missing your other stuff.

Players with APB on them can lose it while restrained by the cops

31 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Also, SWAT bodies can be continuously executed and forces cops to keep respawning

Description of bug: Ifrit and striders smokes despawns

To reproduce bug:  For the Strider if you pull it out and none jumps in commander seat within 10 sec of spawn the smoke will despawn

For the ifrit if someone jumps in the passenger seat before someone get in the driver the smokes will despawn

Video: https://youtu.be/iusKhBYsREk

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The pilot/driver does not get pulled out of blown up vehicles when that vehicle despawns.

>I'll see what I can do, but that might not be fixable easily.

If you get a trial in the new prison and/or play laser tag, you will be teleported into the water underneath the prison afterwards, you will drown and your time will reset to 45 minutes.

>Already fixed in dev.

If you shoot within the last minute of restart you risk losing your gear.

>Nothing is tied to a fired event handler that would affect saving?

Speed said he already fixed ifrits & striders not spawning with smokes but @bamf is yet to push the update, it'd be nice if that was brought up.

>:shrug:

since no one has responded to my bug report, i will post it here.

Basically, if you are in the new prison, and you request a trial, all is fine up until the point where the jury have to make a verdict. When you get teleported back because they are making their decision, you are teleported into a small cube of space under the prison and your stuck in water. If the jury vote guilty then you have to serve your jail time in this small cube of space under the prison and it is really, really, really aggravating

This one is very minor, but the gang talent to gather ephedra quicker is a little silly.

From fn_gatherAction.sqf:

if (_item == "ephedrau" && 9 in life_gangtalents) then { if (random 3 < 1) then { _count = _count + 1 } };

Basically there's a 1/3 chance when you start gathering that you will gather 2 ephedra at a time for the rest of that gather-period. That results in people cancelling until they get lucky and get the bonus. Ideally the script should do a random roll every time you gather 1 ephedra.

Edit: a more annoying bug is that you cannot gather metal sheets while in jail.

Edited by Bikstok
Ronald and Eric916 like this

Just now, NotEqualTo (Eazy) said:

since no one has responded to my bug report, i will post it here.

Basically, if you are in the new prison, and you request a trial, all is fine up until the point where the jury have to make a verdict. When you get teleported back because they are making their decision, you are teleported into a small cube of space under the prison and your stuck in water. If the jury vote guilty then you have to serve your jail time in this small cube of space under the prison and it is really, really, really aggravating

its called confinement for being a bad little rebel.

rand01 likes this

Just now, Dork said:

its called confinement for being a bad little rebel.

im a bounty hunter!

you know that hehe xd

3 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

The issue is that if you have full inventory, you will lose 1 item, which causes me to lose the First aid kit Im carrying :(

>Arma makes everything (even things like scopes and Headgear), go through your clothing first. Not a lot I can do there.

Another bug with the regearing is that you dont really regear with your loadout. You get a bunch of half full mags. Would be nice if you could save your loadout and get that loadout, so you dont regear and get half full mags and are missing your other stuff.

> That's working as intended; and I won't change it without express permission.

Players with APB on them can lose it while restrained by the cops

> I'm aware, but it's not something I can fix. Serverside code.

3 minutes ago, signal said:

Also, SWAT bodies can be continuously executed and forces cops to keep respawning

>SWAT. Need I say more? It's take a 40 hour workweek for me to figure out how that mess works well enough to try fixing it.

1 minute ago, Norwegianviking said:

Description of bug: Ifrit and striders smokes despawns

To reproduce bug:  For the Strider if you pull it out and none jumps in commander seat within 10 sec of spawn the smoke will despawn

For the ifrit if someone jumps in the passenger seat before someone get in the driver the smokes will despawn

Video: https://youtu.be/iusKhBYsREk

> I'm aware, but it's not something I can fix. Serverside code.

Players with APB wont lose it if they are arrested or given parole and they will still get a APB evaded.

Did laser tag at prison, after I spawned back at the prison I was under water and drowned and had my time reset

Edited by CadeRooney

Seatbelts, seatbelts, seatbelts. They're meant to be for safety, but yet they pull me out when I put them on while driving and kill me :( 

On a serious note, theres a chance of seatbelts pulling you out when you put them on while driving which is really annoying, I hope this could get fixed asap.

Edited by Vulcan

Just now, Vulcan said:

Seatbelts, seatbelts, seatbelts. They're meant to be for safety, but yet they pull me out when I put them on while driving and kill me :( 

Put them on before you start driving

Mike Stmria likes this

Just now, Gnashes said:

it doesnt give the option to (at least for me) until you start driving.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Well you see, you gotta drive first to put them on, and lets say you just got in an ifrit while being sprayed at, then you put them on right away and you get pulled out, that still equals you dying pretty much.

3 hours ago, Gnashes said:

The vehicle spawner at the oil cartel (the closest one to donor town) does not work about 75% of the time. The prompts simply do not come up whenever you scroll wheel over it. 

2 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Well you see, you gotta drive first to put them on, and lets say you just got in an ifrit while being sprayed at, then you put them on right away and you get pulled out, that still equals you dying pretty much.

Not correct. Nothing in the checks says anything about moving. Just that you're in a car. (I always put it on before I move)

1 hour ago, TNT said:

q2CjseT.png

i cri evrytiem.

Doesn't actually affect anything, but I'll see if I can get rid of the message.

15 minutes ago, Ronald said:

Fixed

2 hours ago, CadeRooney said:

Did laser tag at prison, after I spawned back at the prison I was under water and drowned and had my time reset

Fixed

Ronald and CadeRooney like this

2 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Doesn't actually affect anything, but I'll see if I can get rid of the message.

It only shows up if jury summons has bugged out.
e.g. If someone requested a trail and disconnected before the trial began, no one can register for jury duties until restart.

Sometimes when lockpicking someone in restraints it will tell you that you have unrestrained this player yet they stay in restraints.

HXKKXqg.jpg

When you buy a house, sometimes you cannot put crates inside of it until a few restarts have passed.

Edited by Jimbo
Norwegianviking and Frizzy like this

Fix hunting plz.

1. Animals don't spawn in. ( apart from rabbits but they spawn in by themselves ) 

2. After you track once it doesn't work anymore.

can't test further cause its broken but thats what i've noticed sofar

@Gnashes

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin

1 minute ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Fix hunting plz.

1. Animals don't spawn in.

2. After you track once it doesn't work anymore.

can't test further cause its broken but thats what i've noticed sofar

@Gnashes

As of last week, these were both working; nothing has been changed in the last week?

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sometimes when lockpicking someone in restraints it will tell you that you have unrestrained this player yet they stay in restraints.

When you buy a house, sometimes you cannot put crates inside of it until a few restarts have passed.

1. - I have no idea why this would happen; and I've looked a few times. I'll keep looking and see if I can come up with something.

2. - That's gonna be an @Paratus issue. All things housing require DB and server access to attempt to debug.

8 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

As of last week, these were both working; nothing has been changed in the last week?

1. - I have no idea why this would happen; and I've looked a few times. I'll keep looking and see if I can come up with something.

2. - That's gonna be an @Paratus issue. All things housing require DB and server access to attempt to debug.

Just tested it doesn't work for some reason animals don't spawn in, The tracking also goes OUTSIDE the hunting grounds idk if thats the issue. But when i tracks animals outside the zone. 

also after initial tracking you won't track anything anymore.

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin

3 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Just tested it doesn't work for some reason animals don't spawn in, The tracking also goes OUTSIDE the hunting grounds idk if thats the issue. But when i tracks animals outside the zone. 

also after initial tracking you won't track anything anymore.

Animal trigger is larger than the hunting grounds, by design.

17 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Animal trigger is larger than the hunting grounds, by design.

I tried it again, apparently it takes like 15 minutes for crap to spawn in. 

Ignore me gnashes love you bb <3

On 11/14/2016 at 9:09 AM, Feenix said:

Helis always spawn with full fuel all the time.

shut up

Fudger likes this

On 11/17/2016 at 10:01 AM, Gnashes said:
On 11/17/2016 at 6:50 AM, Jimbo said:

Sometimes when lockpicking someone in restraints it will tell you that you have unrestrained this player yet they stay in restraints

The reason this happens is when you hit the RNG and the player is unrestained. The unit you are supposed to have unrestrained is passed to the unrestrain function

titleText["You have unrestrained this player.","PLAIN"];
[nil,nil,nil,_unit] spawn life_fnc_unrestrain;

But line 3 in the unrestrain function switches the unit passed as a parameter to the cursortarget.

_unit = [_this,3,player,[player]] call BIS_fnc_param;
if (_unit != player) then { _unit = cursorTarget; };

So if you happen to not be looking direct at the player when they get unrestrained(which happens a lot since you are in an animation which turns your head) the cursor target will be null and noone will get unrestrained.

Edited by Ozadu
TNT likes this

@Gnashes

some of the gun stores on tanoa are quite buggy, you have to like go to various angles to access it as there is a desk infront and it pretends its a wall. So it doesn't let you open the store and you get the

"It would be difficult to buy through a wall" or what ever the error message is

4 hours ago, NotEqualTo (Eazy) said:

@Gnashes

some of the gun stores on tanoa are quite buggy, you have to like go to various angles to access it as there is a desk infront and it pretends its a wall. So it doesn't let you open the store and you get the

"It would be difficult to buy through a wall" or what ever the error message is

That is an issue with Kavala hospital also

Beifang Ming likes this